Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: If there were no more Falcons (as we know them) would you still buy a Ford?
Yes - something else in the range 66 53.23%
I would consider a Taurus 13 10.48%
No 45 36.29%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #61
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: if there was no more falcons would you still buy a ford?

After the ownership expeioence of the last 4 years - I will never buy another ford of any type - if they were the only brand left on the planet I would buy a pushbike rather than give them another dollar of my money.
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #62
z80
Banned

If they build a full electric or hybrid falcon I'll be the first to buy.

Don't care if it's FWD/RWD or AWD or one wheel drive.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #63
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammy
After the ownership expeioence of the last 4 years - I will never buy another ford of any type - if they were the only brand left on the planet I would buy a pushbike rather than give them another dollar of my money.
Then why are you on Ford Forums.

If Mustang was Falcon priced i'd buy one for sure, don't care if its only a 2 door. The boot is still a reasonable size, rarely carry passengers.

If I needed to carry passengers i'd use the Fairlane, it won't be selling that even why I do buy a new car.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #64
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
So even if we might be in a position to buy, and dont, or might be waiting to say next or late year we cant comment? Come on.

Simple as this. Will the Focus or Mondeo fit 3 baby seats (these things are massive now), fit enough in the boot (prams etc etc) if we are going away for a weekend. Be able to tow a decent trailer with a load etc. From what I have seen the answer is no.

So dont have a crack at people who need a car that costs twice as much as a base Focus. Id much prefer, actually I dont really have a choice, to buy a new used Falcon than a new Focus.

And people shouldnt have to buy cars out of their own planned or natural cycle in some vain attempt to keep a company afloat...whats that a pity purchase?

From my POV I need a large sedan. I want a V8 and I dont want AWD nor a Commodore. So that leaves 2nd hand Falcon or a 300C, im not ready to get a new FPV...yet
I see your point and i agree with you, but.
A lot of people say yeah we want the falcon etc but wont ever buy one so really the people buying the product are the ones contributing to its future. Im not saying buy one now even if you have just purchased (Hell i aint gonna purchase a new focus to keep it afloat, well when the ST arrives maybe)
But its hard to take seriously when people want the product and put forward arguments but have never purchased.
If the Focus was discontinued i wouldnt loose any sleep id move on as would everyone else.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #65
JG34JA

If Falcon goes, then Territory goes?

Having bought a new Territory from Ford (and had very little pain with it, still love it) another Territory would be at the top of the list. It was Australian made too, supporting Australian design and jobs.

If it's gone, that throws the entire market open for this buyer. What to pick, what to pick? A Mazda SUV? Toyota? Maybe upgrade and shoot for a Disco or LC200 despite the overkill? Downsize and go premium with a BMW X3/ X1 as our kids get their own cars? Who knows?

Or I might make the conscious decision NOT to buy a new car. A lot of the passion for me is in the history of the design here in Australia and the remarkable machines made by Ford of Australia and their Aussie competitors. Maybe just buy old ones for my satisfaction? A 2007 Fairlane or LTD would be nice. As would an XR6 wagon, XY Fairmont wagon, or an HR Premier.

Or maybe blow the coin I would spend on the new car, on surf and snow travel
JG34JA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #66
Cano90
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Taurus for me, only with the sports pack from the yanks version though
Old 02-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #67
doktoravalanche

Taurus, Fusion, Mondeo whatever they call it......
doktoravalanche is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #68
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG34JA
If Falcon goes, then Territory goes?
Looks like mums will have to take little Billy to soccer in the X-Trail then.

I'd absolutely buy a new Falcon once I'm in a strong financial position (still only young at 20). I'm earning above the average wage at the moment, but I don't want to commit myself to a huge loan to buy a brand new car (the one I took for my used one is plenty) when I'm looking to get an apprenticeship.

Sadly, by the time I'm fully qualified, if the talk is true, I won't be able to buy a new Falcon whether I still want to or not.

I'll be very sad to see it go. My high school wet dreams were made of white EL XR8s.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #69
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

FoA stands for Ford of Australia and I'm a Ford fan ;)
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #70
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I said no - but this may not be the case.
I would shop around for the right car in my market. for 20 years this has led to a Falcon.

I am guessing that a 300c would be next most likely, if they place it in my target market at that time.

If the Falcon remain on a similar platform to now I would almost certainly buy it as my next car.
If Falcon is replaced by Taurus it would likely either send me to 300c, or make me compare the other largish FWD cars to it in my decision.

At the moment Falcon is competing with Commodore for my money. A Taurus would be competing with everything from a VW/Skoda to Camry.
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #71
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1. Well if both Falcon/Territory are gone it would be no unless...

2. Mustang, would be the only other 'new' vehicle I would consider besides Falcon or Territory, Ive looked at XR5 Focus and RS but I just couldnt bring myself to buy a new one. Only reason I brought the LR focus was that it was cheap, cheaper to run than the old EL and had low kms for second hand. Even now Im thinking of trading it in for something else.

3 Nup, not interested.

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post