Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
tim_pato

Default vct solenoid fault code in dedicated gas ute?

After putting a hp intech in my ded gas ute i took it to a gas mechanic to run the scan tool and otherwise try and tweak the system. when i went back he said oxy sensor and stepper motor where running fine but there was a fault code for the vct solenoid and he couldnt jelp me with it. went to ford who then could not find my ecu code on there system. he also said the gas ecu might run the vct? that got me a little excited, i spoke to a bloke (mechanic) in the service area who said they would have to run the ford scan to.know more but he said the ecu probably wouldn't run the vct motor. but if the ecu wouldnt run the vct why would it register a fault? also the bloke at the desk said there was only 5 ecu's on fords system gas 6,8 auto and manual.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
tim_pato

Default Re: vct solenoid fault code in dedicated gas ute?

there is also a connecter near the main engine connection that one of the vct solenoid wires go to? well it would if the vct motor was in there.
Old 13-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

VCT is a hardware feature, not a software feature, so it cannot be enabled by an ECU. Strange how that is the fault code coming up though.
Old 13-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
tim_pato

im thinking maybe the bloke at repco read the code wrong?