Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
2002au
Define definitive

Default au fairlane seats into xr6

hey guys, found some front and rear leather fairlane seats for sale and just wondering if there a direct bolt in to my au3 xr6? also what to do about the electrics? cheers

BF F6 TYPHOON in NEO #718 ~ 356rwkw :
BF XR6 TURBO in SILHOUETTE
2002au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
fordman302

Default Re: au fairlane seats into xr6

think fronts are fine, rear base will stick out slightly further and side bolsters are wider so you need to get falcon ones recovered in the same leather, maybe from the fairlane bolsters
fordman302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they are a direct fit, done this myself. if you have 4 door power windows the connector will probably be under a small flap in the carpet

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
they are a direct fit, done this myself. if you have 4 door power windows the connector will probably be under a small flap in the carpet
if you don't mind me asking old mate, do the fairlane seats have the electric recline or is it limited function, forward back etc ?? that big thumb wheel thing on falcon seats to recline them has always been an annoyance to me i must say.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #5
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Some like the LTD's, and Sportsman/Millenium Fairlane's got the full 10 way electric setup, but most Fairlane's got standard 6 way (for/back/up/down).
XRGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine are just the 6 way, the 10 way is far more complex to wire and is attached to the mirrors too for the memory function

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok, thanks guys.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post