Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
Brokenfingers
Starter Motor

Talking Price Advice!

Hi car nuts!

Long time lurker never joined or posted until now because you're all so bloody helpful I have never had to. I would just like some peoples thoughts on my XR8 Ute, its a bit of a weird and strange tale so please bare with me.
I purchased a new 2004 XR8 Ute, Citric Acid with the 4 speed auto (6 speed not available at the time), hard cover, spoiler, premium sound system...actually all optional extras except leather. I don't like leather seats but anyways...
What Id like to know is should I sell it or keep it and whats it worth? Here's where things get odd...
It was the last Citric Acid built and I was contacted multiple times by Ford by phone and mail (6 times for memory) asking if I wished to exchange for another Ute, same build different colour which always had me confused as to why and I'm still none the wiser but that's why I'm asking you guys who may be able to shed some light. Now the problem is I recently have developed Multiple Sclerosis which has left me unable to drive with no promise that I will drive again. As the financial side of things has slowly collapsed (Haven't been able to work since January) I'm considering doing what I don't want to do...sell my baby. It has always been garaged and is in the condition I picked it up on the showroom floor as. It has a whopping 25,000K's from long trips only and has had the same love and fastidious care that all my cars over the years have always had...hell, its still got the original tyres! Anyway...if anyone could offer advice on to sell or not to sell that would be great! Or do I hold on for a few more years now the death of the Falcon has been announced with no more V8 Utes around the corner?
Do you guys think it will increase in value or no? Id hate to sell now to get out of my current financial strain just to find out if Id held on for a few more years it would be long term beneficial. Of course I'm hoping I never have to sell it if things improve for me personally but it is in the back of my mind.

Thanks in advance and long live the Falcon!

Brokenfingers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Price Advice!

It's costing you money sitting in the garage not being driven anyway so I would personally sell it. If you can't drive it then why own it? Part with it and use that money from the sale to better your way of living.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Sounds like a nice ute. Being the last of a color is not really going to be of any point of interest to future buyers. You bought the ute brand new, have looked after it. It only has 25,000km's. Plenty of life left. If I was in your position I would keep it as long as I could financially. Then as a last resort let it go.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When will you know if you could ever drive again?? Maybe hold onto it until you get definite answers?
Being the last of a colour won't fetch anymore money, prob only extra interest when selling. Unfortunately the low Kms and good condition doesn't hold it's own on price anymore either. Compare your car with others for sale and yours will prob be a the higher end of the price brackets but don't expect to make a packet
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post