Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #1
S.D.M.F

Default 20" mag wheel TV table

I found a 20" mag wheel cheap ($26.00) on ebay and made it into a TV / Xbox table for my young bloke.
He thinks its pretty cool, so do his mates.

S.D.M.F is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 05:49 AM   #2
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 20" mag wheel TV table

That's awesome!
Yep, you see a lot of those cheaper brand 20"+ wheels around for sale dirt cheap. I remember a guy whose brother owned a second hand mag place many years back (when 18" was a "massive wheel") that they got an awful lot of the "huge rim" sizes in cheap that suited Hyundais and Hondas and other smaller cars. The reason was that tyre shops like Bob Jane sell cheap tyre and wheel packages...and then when it comes time to replace the tyres, the young guys would discover to their horror that half decent tyres in that size cost way more than the original tyre and wheel package did, so they'd sell them for something a little more conservative.

I wonder what other stuff you could make around the house with those big wheels...?
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #3
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

I know someone around my area uses one for his garden hose. Wonder what the wife with say if a coffee table was made out of these.....
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #4
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have looked into doing 4 rims stacked side by side 2 high with glass over the top, no shortage of rims around for cheap, but getting the glass cut and the edges rounded the same curve as the rims is the more difficult/expensive bit....cant find any small glass places to contact in sydney, all seem for large quantities.

I like the tv table the OP made, maybe so a games console or foxtel box can be added,two small shelves could be added/welded at 9oclock and 3oclock.....
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 11:03 PM   #5
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

^ call palmers glass in gladesville
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #6
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2