Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #61
Spurious

Default Re: Things to do in Tasmania?

LOL...a trip to Tasmania you say...BAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SURELY you could think of somewhere better!!! I hear Mauritius is nice in Novemeber. http://www.mauritius.net/index.php

For starters I could think of 100 better places to take a beloved family member on holidays other than Tas.

Secondly, you won't see s..t in 4 days. What are you thinking.
To really experience the best of Tas you need to stay for 2 or 3 months & visit all the little towns along your casual way. Towns like Sheffield that actually have something good to offer tourists. Why does everyone flock to Ross or Campbell town? ...& don't be silly enough to spend half your holiday driving from A to B. Think of your mum!

...& stay clear of backwater roads, you'll get stuck behind a tractor or old farmer joe & it'll take twice as long to get anywhere....unless you're the slow driver we should all avoid!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #62
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Also be wary of listening to anyone under 25 who lives in Tassie, no disrespect Flivver but generally most young people are trying to get out of Tassie.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #63
pundit
Gazza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Also be wary of listening to anyone under 25 who lives in Tassie, no disrespect Flivver but generally most young people are trying to get out of Tassie.
Yeh I know aye, i use to be the same about where it live in mount gambier, on the lime stone coast.

Then I done the tourist thing around here and enjoyed it.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #64
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pundit View Post
Thanks for the rough itinerary run down mate, going from the mona website and reviews ita defiantly on the list.

I am thinking of going on a sea plane tour while there, see there are aome cheapish ones. Old girl wants to go to somd water falls. I've just gotta be mindful of places with staps as ahw doesn't do steps very well.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4
Allow a full day for Mona...a lot to see and great bar and food

water falls....Russell falls at Mt Field national park...wheelchairs friendly
sea plane tour...NOTHING beats the one from Strachan, its wilderness.

both can be on the same trip, same route.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #65
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY View Post
Boring is a subjective term, of course a person's opinion of it will change. Especially given time. If you're after a place in Queensland that is cold and has apples, check out Stanthorpe, that's your ticket.
Lol , is that the place you pass through on the way to Bathurst . Really so many things to see and so little time to do it . My wife is always on my case about going to Scotland and Ireland , my belief is see Australia first and not having a passport makes it easier to sidestep the issue .
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2014, 11:25 PM   #66
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
No disrespect taken, just be aware I'm 36 yrs old, born in Tas' in '77. Tasmania is a great pace. That's no spelling error!
Tas' offers a more relaxed pace of life & it bugs me when people holiday here for less than a week, see a few towns & some hoons doing laps around the Launceston CBD & go home again.

Also why is Hobart the "mecca" for all tourists, it's a lot colder down there for a start. You should visit places like Latrobe, Gunns Plains, Stanley, Bicheno, Beaconsfield, all the little towns that need the tourist dollar.

Visit Bridport too, from there you can access Waterhouse & Tomahawk on highway B82, follow that down to the A3 highway on to St' Helens then down to Bicheno. Now THAT is some beautiful country.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 11:51 PM   #67
jamies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
No disrespect taken, just be aware I'm 36 yrs old, born in Tas' in '77. Tasmania is a great pace. That's no spelling error!
Tas' offers a more relaxed pace of life & it bugs me when people holiday here for less than a week, see a few towns & some hoons doing laps around the Launceston CBD & go home again.

Also why is Hobart the "mecca" for all tourists, it's a lot colder down there for a start. You should visit places like Latrobe, Gunns Plains, Stanley, Bicheno, Beaconsfield, all the little towns that need the tourist dollar.

Visit Bridport too, from there you can access Waterhouse & Tomahawk on highway B82, follow that down to the A3 highway on to St' Helens then down to Bicheno. Now THAT is some beautiful country.
Spoken like a true Northerner ha ha...

Ps I lived Hobart for twenty plus years..
Old 02-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #68
fordfreak

Was born in hobart - never thought much or liked it while i was there.

after living in NSW for 7 years i would go back to stay any day
fordfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2014, 11:29 PM   #69
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WE spent a few days in Tassie late last year. Must admit it was very dry (I believe there were no water charges till recently?) and the aftermath of the bushfires was still evident, but after saying that, we had a great time. We visited Burnie, Ulverstone, Davenport etc.
We checked out a nice chocolate factory in Latrobe, visited the Salamanca markets and Battery Point in Hobart just to name a few. And of course a visit to Pt. Arthur. Clearly the tour guides make it their business to NOT talk about the actions of Martin Bryant. However (as previously mentioned) you can stand in the Broad Arrow Café (although it's gutted) and have a think what it must have been like on that day. Scary stuff!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post