Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-01-2015, 11:58 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Ford F Trucks selling 2,065 every day!!!!!

'Now that 2014 is no more than a set of numbers on spreadsheets, at last, the grist mill gets its first real load to chew on. The number one selling vehicle in America last year was the Ford F-Series, a fact that should surprise you only if your family name is Van Winkle and your naps tend to last 38 years, which is how long the Ford pickup has ruled our buying landscape. Even though series sales were down 1.3 percent, it still racked up 753,851 units. That's 2,065.3 sales per day, every day, all year.

The Chevrolet Silverado, up 10.3 percent for the year, was still a daylight second at 529,755 units. The cab-and-bed love continued into third place with the Ram 1500-3500 trucks, gaining 23.6-percent year-on-year to clock 439,789 units. The robust turnout at The Bighorn and Jeep helped Fiat-Chrysler increase its sales by 16 percent, past the two-million mark.

Our number one car? The Toyota Camry, staying in first place with a 4.9-percent sales boost to 428,606 sales, trailed again by the Honda Accord at number five with 388,374 sales. Accord sales rose six percent, and if it's any consolation to Honda for coming in second - not that it needs one - it is the only manufacturer to have three vehicles in the top ten.

The rest of the list: the Nissan Altima with 335,644 sales (+4.7%), the Honda CR-V with 355,019 (+10.2%), the Toyota Corolla/Matrix combo with 339,498 (+5.9%), the Honda Civic with 325,981 (-3.1%), and the Ford Fusion with 306,860 sales (+2.9%).

Total sales for the year were up six percent to 16.5 million vehicles, a volume not seen since 2006, aided by a strong December that was up by 11 percent year-on-year. Ford was the top selling brand overall but sales didn't really budge from 2013, while Subaru rocketed up 21 percent to finish with 513,693 sales. At the precious end, BMW, Audi, Porsche and Land Rover all had record years, and Kelley Blue Book thinks we could be looking at 17 million sales for the next two or three years. Looks like it's time to start making hay again..."
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/06/b...s-trucks-2014/
Old 09-01-2015, 12:15 AM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Ford F Trucks selling 2.065 every day!!!!!

Those figures are mind boggling...

However, as a percentage that isn't too far off our own sales here once you work it out.

Wonder how many new car sales a year places like China / India have?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It always astounds me new car sales. Where do these cars go? Are there really that many cars going off the road each year?
sexyxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 12:07 PM   #4
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder how many are private sales?

When we visited Vegas and southern Nevada, I was expecting to see plenty of big trucks. Saw more than I expected actually. However, I found you would honestly see more F trucks driving around your average city or town area in Australia than we did over there. We saw endless amounts of Dodge Rams, plenty of Toyota Tundras, a lot of Nissan Titans, and a Honda we don't get here either...Avalanche or something. F trucks? The odd older one, a few new ones, but noticeably not many at all.

However, we did notice that each and every smaller service vehicle at Mccarren Airport was an F truck. Then we noticed that all the council and government service vehicles...power, water, light, county vehicles...were all Ford F trucks.
Given that they turn over a fair amount of vehicles every year it would account for a lot of sales if the rest of the country was similar.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 12:14 PM   #5
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Avalanche is a Chevy, based on a Suburban/Tahoe. Unlike the Silverado, the bed is not separated from the body. Probably thinking of a Honda Ridgeline? Ford is selling plenty of F-series as private trucks. Not sure why you didn't see a good mix of them in Nevada. All-new Nissan Titan will be shown on Monday!
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-01-2015, 12:24 PM   #6
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Here's one recently converted to RHD and running around up here in QLD:

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 12:30 PM   #7
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower View Post
Avalanche is a Chevy, based on a Suburban/Tahoe. Unlike the Silverado, the bed is not separated from the body. Probably thinking of a Honda Ridgeline? Ford is selling plenty of F-series as private trucks. Not sure why you didn't see a good mix of them in Nevada. All-new Nissan Titan will be shown on Monday!
Ridgeline...that was it.
I know...it was really weird. I went there with one eye on the tourist sights but I was always going to have one eye firmly on all the American cars I was going to see. Ask my missus about how many pics of cars I took...
I was really expecting to see more F trucks...but we didn't. Weird. But the deals we heard on the radio for Dodge Rams were very attractive and cheap.

Of course we did see this F truck outside the Shelby museum/factory...love the licence plate...

Old 09-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #8
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm still amazed with the car sales statistics for the top selling cars are Japanese brands even the yanks that are really loyal to there brands are going to the Japanese models. I always thought that Japanese cars didn't sell well in america looks like I was wrong.

Apparently texas and the surrounding states buy the most F-trucks so if you wanna see them in there natural habitat just follow the rednecks and you'll see one
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #9
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Ridgeline...that was it.
I know...it was really weird. I went there with one eye on the tourist sights but I was always going to have one eye firmly on all the American cars I was going to see. Ask my missus about how many pics of cars I took...
I was really expecting to see more F trucks...but we didn't. Weird. But the deals we heard on the radio for Dodge Rams were very attractive and cheap.

Of course we did see this F truck outside the Shelby museum/factory...love the licence plate...
vic roads would be all over those high riders .... pull over driver !
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #10
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Ridgeline...that was it.

You would need a ladder to get into that damn thing.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #11
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I wonder how many are private sales?

When we visited Vegas and southern Nevada, I was expecting to see plenty of big trucks. Saw more than I expected actually. However, I found you would honestly see more F trucks driving around your average city or town area in Australia than we did over there. We saw endless amounts of Dodge Rams, plenty of Toyota Tundras, a lot of Nissan Titans, and a Honda we don't get here either...Avalanche or something. F trucks? The odd older one, a few new ones, but noticeably not many at all.

However, we did notice that each and every smaller service vehicle at Mccarren Airport was an F truck. Then we noticed that all the council and government service vehicles...power, water, light, county vehicles...were all Ford F trucks.
Given that they turn over a fair amount of vehicles every year it would account for a lot of sales if the rest of the country was similar.
Get out of the cities and up into the mountain areas, the Great Lakes, near the Canadian border and into Canada, Alaska and you’ll see them, well by the truck load.
F Trucks everywhere.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 03:09 PM   #12
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

Default Re: Ford F Trucks selling 2,065 every day!!!!!

I love these beasts, would love to see them being sold in Oz again someday soon.
OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 03:27 PM   #13
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFalcon View Post
I love these beasts, would love to see them being sold in Oz again someday soon.
I agree. The only problem...and one we see with the stupidly overpriced imports...is that to be of an "acceptable standard" for Australian drivers and what we are used to, is that they have to bring in only the high priced luxury upper spec models.
The base models are...well *cough*...pretty damn basic and you can see why they're only worth about twenty grand and a bit. No chrome, basic plastic and vinyl interiors, basic dashes, no features. You couldn't convert one to RHD for sale here (and don't get me started on that bullcrap...) and hope to sell a base model for the big prices we usually see. People would look at the standard features in other utes we are used to and ask "why?".

We're going to see it with the Mustang too. No hope of a base model twenty five grand Mustang here, so they'll only bring in the prestige models worth big bucks and wonder why only a few people buy them instead of, as in the USA, the Mustang being seen as a normal option for a family car with a bit of style that everyone can afford...
But then that plays into the hands of some people who want to be kept as "expensive and exclusive" and don't want prices kept down so the plebs start buying them in big numbers so that they become a common sight all over our roads...
Old 09-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #14
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ridgeline...that was it.

Don't forget, one out of every two cars in Vegas is a rental! Slight exaggeration, but not far from the truth either lol. I told a guy who works for Chrysler corporate, they need to sell Ram trucks in Australia!
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #15
chopstar87
The Original ChopstaR

this number (2,065) of sales a day of the F-truck, shows why Ford US doesn't/wouldn't care about the Ford Falcon.. it basically sold the same amount of F-trucks in 2-3 days, yes days.. then the falcon sold in 1 year.

They really do love their F-trucks in the USA, that's for sure.. and really if a SVT raptor was in Australia, I would seriously consider one, if there where available here around the 60-70k mark. (thinking they are about $50-55k in the USA)

May 2006 – October 2006: 2002 Proton Persona
October 2006 – July 2013: 2004 BA Ford Falcon XR6 (Blueprint – 4 speed Auto – Premium Audio - No Tracton Control )
July 2013 - ???: 2013 Chrysler 300c Luxury (Bright white – Panoramic Sunroof – 19 speaker 900 watt Harmon/Kardon stereo)
November 2013 - ???: 2013 Ford Focus Sport (the missus's car, white, manual)

Last edited by chopstar87; 09-01-2015 at 08:11 PM.
chopstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 09:56 PM   #16
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Camry still top selling sedan? Americans still have a taste for boring uninspiring cars. If only Falcon was in its place.. Didnt Ford USA criticize FG for not being progressive or advanced enough? Well camry is neither progressive nor advanced and even less american than Falcon.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: