Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-02-2006, 03:43 PM   #1
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

Question Student Accommodation

I’m now in my second year at uni but have been transferred to Latrobe at Bundoora and Menzies College have been stuffing me around for the last 2 months and have finally said that they cannot supply accommodation. Has anyone got any ideas for accommodation and where I might start, (living in Wodonga with no relatives in Melbourne helps a lot)? Any hints, tips, pointers, warnings or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Megsy

-----------------------
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #2
YuGoStaR
Long Member

One of my friends goes to LaTrobe, I believe they have some 'OK' on campus accomodation for students. There should be info on their site.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsy
I’m now in my second year at uni but have been transferred to Latrobe at Bundoora and Menzies College have been stuffing me around for the last 2 months and have finally said that they cannot supply accommodation. Has anyone got any ideas for accommodation and where I might start, (living in Wodonga with no relatives in Melbourne helps a lot)? Any hints, tips, pointers, warnings or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Megsy

do want to rent or share a house i might be able to help out as i might have a room to rent i live 5 mins from la trobe uni but have a couple of mates staying at the moment as their house in kinglake is under bushfire threat again

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 05:15 PM   #4
Yummy Mummy

I went to La Trobe in Bundoora and moved across there. Couldn't find anything suitable on campus, so ended up sharing with 4 students from RMIT Bundoora. Got the ad from the noticeboard at RMIT, and it was great. Halfway between the 2 campuses, great parties......not alot of study though.
Yummy Mummy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #5
megsy

GRNKPR PM sent
-----------------------
Old 08-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #6
megsy

looking at my options renting is my only option as the on campus accommodation (Menzies) has said that that can not provide accommodation, is there any areas/suburbs that people can recommend or more importantly that people can say to stay clear of for whatever reasons (although be careful not to offend other members)
-----------------------