Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 10:07 AM   #1
why
Starter Motor

Default Strange Problem??

Hi Guys
My colleague has asked me to post an issue with his 2014 LPI FG utility. Usually but not always when he approaches his work vehicle in the morning and unlocks it you should hear the fuel flow solenoid click and prime the system for starting, For the last few months all he gets is the dash read out saying DSC fault or a transmission/engine fault and no click and no start, won’t even crank.
2 or 3 lock/unlocks usually sorts it but the issue continues. Two different ford dealers here in Sydney have looked at it and all they say is that they can’t replicate it and no fault codes have been set. Both dealers have kept the vehicle overnight without starting issues the next morning (they say anyway)
Usually a problem in the morning but can happen from time to time during the day
My colleague is blue to his boot straps but it’s certainly driving him mad, any thoughts guys as it’s a strange one
Old 04-08-2015, 10:12 AM   #2
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Strange Problem??

Try cleaning and tightening the battery terminals. I was get random DCS faults that turned out to be loose battery terminals.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:17 AM   #3
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LPG for FG Falcon part of the forum would probably be a great place for this thread

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

This user likes this post:
Old 04-08-2015, 10:19 AM   #4
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
Try cleaning and tightening the battery terminals. I was get random DCS faults that turned out to be loose battery terminals.
As above. Normally these issues are coming from poor voltages be it from poor connections or the dud factory battery.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #5
why
Starter Motor

Thanks for the reply's, and I'll post in the FG gas thread too
Old 04-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #6
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Please reply here :

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...74#post5450774
Closed Thread