Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-09-2015, 08:36 AM   #1
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Commodore crashes into Police station during burnout

Caught on security camera...
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-0...urnout/6751802

5 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2015, 08:51 AM   #2
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Commodore crashes into Police station during burnout

Love the Benny Hill run from the cops.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2015, 09:15 AM   #3
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

We were all young once, but not that stupid wow!

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2015, 09:27 AM   #4
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

The air bag went off. At least there wont be a recall on that one.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2015, 09:42 AM   #5
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Old 05-09-2015, 01:48 PM   #6
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My apologies to all for double posting this (later thread titled 'Typical') - I missed this one completely.

Russ.
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-09-2015, 09:38 PM   #7
Magee

I am surprised it didn't have Chev badge fitted.
Magee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2015, 10:51 PM   #8
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guy did not know how to drive- if you freeze frames you will see the steering wheels did not have 1 degree of correction on them- they were pointing straight ahead-

If you are going to go a big power slide - at least try to steer out- not just give up or not have a go

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2015, 10:22 AM   #9
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cool! if hes this stupid at 19 he must have a large highlights reel prepared for his upcoming 21st....family members must be proud hi 5s everywhere
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #10
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
Love the Benny Hill run from the cops.
That footage was taken 3 hours later. Shop up the road advertised half-price Doughnuts.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #11
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesgift View Post
cool! if hes this stupid at 19 he must have a large highlights reel prepared for his upcoming 21st....family members must be proud hi 5s everywhere
Be a feature length film of laughs
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2015, 12:39 PM   #12
nstg8a

Joys of living in a country town, we used to do that exact thing when we would see the only copper heading out of town... Ahh young and dumb lol
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #13
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahhh ......... the exuberance of youth .... and learning the hard way .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 03:37 PM   #14
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Ahhh ......... the exuberance of youth .... and learning the hard way .
Actually, I was thinking about this driving into work this morning. You have to learn how to turn into an oversteer slide and it is not innate. I mean- the times when I first started learning to drive and I spun out.

My first foray was in the bush on a wet dirt road with a roundabout, learning to spin the car round the roundabout- and boy did I spin out.

I then progressed with my brother who was teaching me to uhhm drive, and I then practiced and experienced oversteer sliding at Monash Uni carparks on Sunday- they were gravel back in the day, and on Sundays nobody around and had wide areas to allow for stuff up spins at higher speed.

Later when I had my own car, a Mk 2 GT Cortina with rally suspension, I progressed to much higher speed drifting and oversteer control, practising on remote dirt roads, and blasting around the AFL carpark and connector roads outside Garden City in Melbourne back in the day on a lazy sunday, nobody around, that AFL park had wide gravel roads and my brother and I drove and practiced on.

Seems to me will be harder for young people to learn real car control in built up cities-you need gravel and wide tarmac roads without other road users to experiment trial and error and car physics and how when you end up going sideways everything appears to speeeed up....and you gotta react fast

Total brain fade to try to learn this craft on a bend of a police station. But then again, who has not had a brain fade and done other stupid stuff when young...

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 06-09-2015 at 03:43 PM.
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2015, 05:40 PM   #15
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Joys of living in a country town, we used to do that exact thing when we would see the only copper heading out of town... Ahh young and dumb lol
I have never gone out to tempt the police.

But my first car I got was at 13 and cut loose in paddock's, one mates place was where a UFO once landed (so they say) and the grass never grew their so we used it as a donut pad, cutting loose that bad in the dust. we only knew where we were when the leaves of the trees started brushing up against the car.

I will try to get down their one day and see if the place where the UFO landed grows anything their now, my mate that lives their is way to scared to go down their, not because of the UFO but of snakes.

I don't remember myself ever doing burnouts on the roads, just for the hell of it.
The cops in them days would kick your tail and hound ya for ever if you did play up disregarding the law and they had jails that looked like a big dunny back them days out in the sticks and them blankets that were the grey itchy type and not only that, their was a type of people who culture never washed so I am assured them blankets stunk like a pole cat, as people pointed these facts out to me.

When I came to the big city, I seen people would confront police officers, that never happened in my small town or you would cop a fist in the face directly for such disobedience of the law.

I know one dude just down the road, who makes claims that he would have a go at the cops, real bright what an idiot he will come out second best regardless I have said, some how he just does not believe me.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post