Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-09-2015, 09:38 PM   #31
GTP-RPD
GTP-RPD

Default Re: Victoria Police has selected the 2015 Holden Cruze SRi to serve alongside the Commodore with the fir

I see this becoming a work health safety issue...the cops won't have them....we have them in the fleet and if your over 5foot eight good luck fitting in the damn things let alone sitting in one with a full utility kit on.... We're also never getting them again. All suffer from poor build quality and reliability.
GTP-RPD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2015, 10:36 PM   #32
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Victoria Police has selected the 2015 Holden Cruze SRi to serve alongside the Commodore with the fir

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
The cruise must be struggling if they're trying to get the police market.
Normally they just struggle to get up a hill.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2015, 11:10 PM   #33
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cruze 1.6turbo struggle up a hill??
Old 29-09-2015, 11:16 PM   #34
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
If holden want to hide a little shame, just put Chev badges them instead.
They are badged as a Chev in Vietnam!
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2015, 11:21 PM   #35
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Pfffft Camrys, They are no Aurion!
Really!! That's what the wife is getting next. A Camry Altise. Was offered the hybrid but there is 100 lts less boot space than the Altise. Not good with a pram. Anyways its almost free and better than the Cruze!!
Old 29-09-2015, 11:59 PM   #36
Gothefalcon
FAWD - No Boundaries
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: He takes long trips in his AWD Falcon & where ever he goes he sets out to meet forum members at various destinations. He does this without expectation of any sort. I have had the pleasure of spending time with Dhru on two of his separate trips and his gre Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The excellent write ups in your BF AWD Falcon Wagon thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-RPD View Post
I see this becoming a work health safety issue...the cops won't have them....we have them in the fleet and if your over 5foot eight good luck fitting in the damn things let alone sitting in one with a full utility kit on.... We're also never getting them again. All suffer from poor build quality and reliability.
Totally agree with this !!! We had them in our Company fleet... I'm 6'1 and I struggled to get in & out easily (kept banging my back on the B-pillar)... and clipping the seat belt in required 270deg rotation of the elbow and two wrists !

I was "offered" one as a replacement for my previous BF Egas Wagon... but I said "you're not giving me no Korean Corolla"... took the cash and bought a BF2 Wagon instead !

How a copper with a fully loaded belt can fit in the squeezy seats is beyond me... and if they did pull up to arrest you for something... you could probably stroll off, out of sight, before they got themselves unstuck and out of the car !!

D

22 DJR Shell V-Power Mustang Eskymobile (my first EV)
07 BF2 AWD Falcon Wagon (Daily driver)
04 BA Falcon 1Tonner Ute (New Project)
03 BA Falcon Wagon (Spare)
98 NL Fairlane Ghia V8 (Weekend cruiser)
70 VG paddock racer (Cain it til it breaks.. fix it.. Cain it all over again !)
Gothefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-09-2015, 01:01 AM   #37
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Great point to the seats. I'm not huge in any dimension and find them snug and dead comfortable. Can't imagine anyone larger or with a belt loaded with kit fitting...

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2015, 01:30 AM   #38
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Aurions are too fast for police. They might catch speeding n/a v8s.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2015, 02:36 AM   #39
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz View Post
Funny the Chevrolet Cruze in the US also has a Chevy badge.

I’m probably exaggerating a little but the last time I was in Canada is seemed every second Taxi was a Cruze.

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2015, 03:34 AM   #40
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX View Post
Another sale ford didn't get...
Too funny.
Actually it was a sale never chased...and how much profit do you think Holden get from any Vicpol sale?
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2015, 10:26 AM   #41
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
Funny the Chevrolet Cruze in the US also has a Chevy badge.

I’m probably exaggerating a little but the last time I was in Canada is seemed every second Taxi was a Cruze.

I'm in Korea right now and most are badged as a chev. Same with the trax and some other mid sizers holden sells. I think I have seen a few of the first series badged as a Daewoo.

Will take more notice and get a few pics.

I've also been several large Ford 4x4s, a single new mustang and a single (Taurus?) With a sho badge on the side.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2015, 11:19 AM   #42
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Actually it was a sale never chased...and how much profit do you think Holden get from any Vicpol sale?
Its not the profit but rather the advertising for Holden. The average Joe would think that "Gee the Cruze must be a good car if the Police use them" I should get one too...
Old 30-09-2015, 01:11 PM   #43
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Its not the profit but rather the advertising for Holden. The average Joe would think that "Gee the Cruze must be a good car if the Police use them" I should get one too...
And the Holden Forums will fill up again with enquires asking how do I know if my Cruze has the special Police Performance Chip?
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #44
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just my 5cents ... um except it is probably only 1cent.

GM agreed that the Chevy brand is dead in an agreement with China.

They Are Cheverolets, and I would ask all on here to stick with the cumbersome name
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2015, 05:22 PM   #45
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
They're badged as Chev everywhere....once Commodore is gone so should the Holden name. I'm mean a quarter of Holdens out there seem to have Chev badges now anyways. It'll be a smooth transition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
And the Holden Forums will fill up again with enquires asking how do I know if my Cruze has the special Police Performance Chip?
Does that stop them blowing head gaskets??
Old 30-09-2015, 07:22 PM   #46
XG_Falcon

They can drive whichever car they want, it doesn't make much difference to those of us on two wheels ;)
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post