Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-09-2015, 10:12 PM   #31
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Default Re: NSW Police Now have a McLaren 650S !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Hate to tell you this but HWP are professional drivers
Cops are professionals alright but it isn't at driving.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2015, 11:01 PM   #32
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
Cops are professionals alright but it isn't at driving.
All seriousness- be interesting to see how driving skills compare between amateur enthusiasts who have driven enthusiastically and learned their craft trial and error, and professional police who drive vehicles.

I think it would in the end come down to the individual and skill set that that driver has developed combined with innate genetics (ie reactions and innate feel).

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2015, 11:03 PM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

At least with Victoria Police the corruption is kept in certain circles.

In NSW Police everyone gets a cut! (Or in this case, drive )
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2015, 11:27 PM   #34
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cops cheating like McLaren now?
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2015, 01:05 AM   #35
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do they honestly believe this will improve the public's view of the HWP? Isnt that like putting lipstick on a pig (no pun intended)?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2015, 01:07 AM   #36
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
All seriousness- be interesting to see how driving skills compare between amateur enthusiasts who have driven enthusiastically and learned their craft trial and error, and professional police who drive vehicles.

I think it would in the end come down to the individual and skill set that that driver has developed combined with innate genetics (ie reactions and innate feel).
I would be pretty confident that the average 'enthusiast' pitted against a HWP operative who has undergone extensive high speed driver training my money would be on the HWP bloke.

I have a good friend who is highway trained, and 'can drive' is my assessment of the situation, and he is not even 'into' cars.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-09-2015, 03:04 AM   #37
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I would be pretty confident that the average 'enthusiast' pitted against a HWP operative who has undergone extensive high speed driver training my money would be on the HWP bloke.

I have a good friend who is highway trained, and 'can drive' is my assessment of the situation, and he is not even 'into' cars.

[See- I think the enthusiast who has done the hard yards- done the very high speed and has learned that soft hands and soft feet at very high speed is imperative, has wiped out numerous times pushing it in the school of hard knocks, is no different to the HWP guy, perhaps even has more experience at that naked raw edge, it comes down to experience and raw talent, in terms of raw car control.

The ability to control adrenalin in high speed chase situations I would tip the professionals, ie the HWP guys, they train to operate in that environment, the average person does not.

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 13-09-2015, 01:07 PM   #38
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Amateur enthusiast in this sentence, I read someone who does doughnuts, not someone who learns car craft, vehicle control and understands the dynamics of a car at speed under brakes and cornering.
Old 13-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #39
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
[See- I think the enthusiast who has done the hard yards- done the very high speed and has learned that soft hands and soft feet at very high speed is imperative, has wiped out numerous times pushing it in the school of hard knocks, is no different to the HWP guy, perhaps even has more experience at that naked raw edge, it comes down to experience and raw talent, in terms of raw car control.

The ability to control adrenalin in high speed chase situations I would tip the professionals, ie the HWP guys, they train to operate in that environment, the average person does not.
Where can one get the same sort of training a HWP guy would get, or even better skills like offensive/evasive, mercenary or military driving ?
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2015, 01:33 PM   #40
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Amateur enthusiast in this sentence, I read someone who does doughnuts, not someone who learns car craft, vehicle control and understands the dynamics of a car at speed under brakes and cornering.
Big assumption there - never been into doughnuts.

In a further post I talked about high speed and need for soft hands/soft feet- that should give you a clue.

You do not know me, what I have driven, what race tracks I have driven on, what unrestricted no speed limit roads I have driven on, what dirt roads, how, in what machinery.

But- its not about me or you.

What I do know is that real car control comes down to what a person has learned and experienced and practiced. Police getting advanced driver training will get a leg up- no doubt, especially with high speed training on tracks.

But Police are humans-no different to humans who do not wear uniforms. It all comes down to sum total of experience-formal or informal, and innate ability.

Old 13-09-2015, 01:43 PM   #41
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Where can one get the same sort of training a HWP guy would get, or even better skills like offensive/evasive, mercenary or military driving ?
Yeah- no issue with offensive/mercenary or military driving- those are very specific skill set.

Interesting if you were a private security person wanting to drive high profile targets, there must be places that could train you driving techniques to escape potential threats/attacks.

One of the most important abilities in that situation to my mind would be to keep cool and not let the adrenalin get on top- and this is where professional Police with their training will be able to keep that adrenalin under control, whereas the average punter would over tank....

Old 13-09-2015, 09:37 PM   #42
Dissgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler View Post
This 600KW GTF they stuffed by filling it with E85...
Wrong, it wasn't the GTF that was blown up on E85. It was their first GT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (65.4 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Dissgrace; 13-09-2015 at 09:38 PM. Reason: .
Dissgrace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2015, 11:09 PM   #43
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah- no issue with offensive/mercenary or military driving- those are very specific skill set.

Interesting if you were a private security person wanting to drive high profile targets, there must be places that could train you driving techniques to escape potential threats/attacks.

One of the most important abilities in that situation to my mind would be to keep cool and not let the adrenalin get on top- and this is where professional Police with their training will be able to keep that adrenalin under control, whereas the average punter would over tank....
This, the first part of driver training for HWP involves 'breaking out', 'getting out of shape' and then they learn how to fix this, they learn breaking techniques vehicle limitations etc etc, they drive actual pursuits, for days on end changing roles of being bad guy and good guy. all the while commenting on the radio, broadcasting speed, rego numbers, street names etc etc all the while tailgating another car at 200km/hr.

I have been assured the driver training is up there, would love to do the course, but would hate to do the job I think.

There may be an enthusiasts that has done courses (I have done some myself), that may get close or are just as good, but running a comparison on 'the average' enthusiast against 'the average' HWP guy I would put my money on the cop every time.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

2 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2015, 01:05 AM   #44
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
This, the first part of driver training for HWP involves 'breaking out', 'getting out of shape' and then they learn how to fix this, they learn breaking techniques vehicle limitations etc etc, they drive actual pursuits, for days on end changing roles of being bad guy and good guy. all the while commenting on the radio, broadcasting speed, rego numbers, street names etc etc all the while tailgating another car at 200km/hr.

I have been assured the driver training is up there, would love to do the course, but would hate to do the job I think.

There may be an enthusiasts that has done courses (I have done some myself), that may get close or are just as good, but running a comparison on 'the average' enthusiast against 'the average' HWP guy I would put my money on the cop every time.
How do they roleplay good guy / bad guy in a street name / rego number / radio scenario? So they just storm out on public roads, staging an actual police chase, while the fleeing 'bad guy' is actually a trainee HWP officer. If that's the case, where do I sign?
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2015, 03:51 PM   #45
red_hotxr6
Banned

Probably couldnt catch the FORDS, hopefully they might now....
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #46
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
How do they roleplay good guy / bad guy in a street name / rego number / radio scenario? So they just storm out on public roads, staging an actual police chase, while the fleeing 'bad guy' is actually a trainee HWP officer. If that's the case, where do I sign?
Yes the fleeing bad guy is a trainee HWP officer same as the guy following, both have highly trained instructors in the car, they have an extensive training ground, covering most scenarios, including hair pin bends, dips, narrow roads, gravel patches, traffic lights, stop signs, road signs, intersections etc etc

They have skid pans that get flooded with water and learn how to drift, as well as precision driving courses, reversing courses, high speed tracks, various road surfaces.

I believe you sign up at the police academy, then do three to five years of general duties before being selected for the course. then IF you pass you will be let out on the road in your own HWP car.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

This user likes this post:
Old 14-09-2015, 07:05 PM   #47
irvinnie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will comment on what the NSW HWP training involves as I did this course in 2002. It may have changed by now as I have been out of the police for six years but I doubt it.

The course all up is 6 months of training but the driving component is one week at the school of traffic and mobile policing (STAMP) in Goulburn. There is theory on car control as well as the police way of driving which is focused more on safe driving rather than the quickest way around a corner (you do not use a traditional racing line). You do quite a bit around their purpose built race track which is set up like a normal road with line markings and stop signs/traffic lights etc. on top of the high speed training there is skid pan training and you have to
pass the VMA course (vehicle manouvering assessment) which is a stop watched timed assesment around a tight witchered hatted area which includes some parking both forwards and reverse. There is also assessments at the end of the week for your ability to both call a pursuit using your police radio while chasing a car and being able to assess when it is time to call of the pursuit due to dangers to the public by the car being chased, (This is done on the track) as well your ability to check the speed of a car by following it.

The course itself is not hard to pass but you do get shown a lot of skills and HWP officers spend a majority of their time driving a car, some of that at a speed that the majority of people driving would never get close to. I used to do over 60k Kms a year between work and private driving, especially when I was based in the country. I would like to think that I would have been considered a professional driver while I was employed the police.

2014 FGX G6E Turbo Tuned by Walter@Oztek performance 504rwkw on e85/420rwkw on 98 with a PCMTec flex fuel tune

Previous rides
- 2010 FG GT (335 build #152) 437rwkw
- 2012 XR6 turbo Ute 345rwkw
- 2007 Force 6 (build #91) 330 rwkw
- 2010 GTE (build #2) 425rwkw
- 2010 50th anniversary turbo ute 365 rwkw
irvinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2015, 11:21 PM   #48
theunfairadvant

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
There’re police, not superstars, and what’s wrong with the public making that connection 1’st, I am sure they would be more then happy to reply back with common courtesy, it will probably make their day to see someone from the general public acknowledge their services.
This happen a few weeks ago and I did that during my lunch break
i was wearing a suit in Martin Place and they want to check my ID
cos i comment on how nice and good looking the XR6 Turbo is vs
the C'dore v8 that they are driving. They are having lunch inside their car in Pitt st.

I ask them which one they prefer both of the cops must be a Holden fan,
so i say that the XR6 turbo with mod would **** the Holden any day
during car chase and they did not laugh and ask me have i got my ID and
i just smile and walk away and keep walking till they jump out of the car
and stop me.

The rest is history and they let me walk when they see all my work mates
are wearing a suit and with court docs in their hand.
theunfairadvant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2015, 11:32 PM   #49
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

From the NSW Police Facebook Page :
"We've handed back the keys after last weekend's National Police Memorial Wall-to-Wall Remembrance Ride.

These cars were provided to promote community engagement with NSW Police. The agreement was designed to promote last weekend's Police Legacy Wall-to-Wall ride and celebrate 100 years of Women in Policing.

As part of the arrangement, there was no cost to the NSW Police Force."
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2015, 10:13 AM   #50
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunfairadvant View Post
This happen a few weeks ago and I did that during my lunch break
i was wearing a suit in Martin Place and they want to check my ID
cos i comment on how nice and good looking the XR6 Turbo is vs
the C'dore v8 that they are driving. They are having lunch inside their car in Pitt st.

I ask them which one they prefer both of the cops must be a Holden fan,
so i say that the XR6 turbo with mod would **** the Holden any day
during car chase and they did not laugh and ask me have i got my ID and
i just smile and walk away and keep walking till they jump out of the car
and stop me.

The rest is history and they let me walk when they see all my work mates
are wearing a suit and with court docs in their hand.
So you go and annoy two cops who are trying to have lunch, bait them with smart remarks and then walk away??

Makes sense to me.

Why would your work mates with Court documents affect anything?? And why are your workmates wandering around with Court documents out of the office at Lunch time?? And how would the cops in question have known they are Court documents?? Court documents are just paper same as any other documents, so unless the cops stopped your work mates and started reading the documents they would have had no idea that they are Court documents.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 15-09-2015 at 10:19 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #51
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
"We've handed back the keys after last weekend's National Police Memorial Wall-to-Wall Remembrance Ride.
These cars were provided to promote community engagement with NSW Police. The agreement was designed to promote last weekend's Police Legacy Wall-to-Wall ride and celebrate 100 years of Women in Policing.

Excellent so all the haters can relax now and stop worrying that their tax dollars may have gone to a good cause.

Don't worry your tax $$$ are still being handed to ice junkies and housos who don't want to work, so all good

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

2 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #52
Deo

Topical...

Great comic series
http://pchipsta.tumblr.com/image/118694053502
MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-10-2015, 09:18 PM   #53
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post

Both cars doing laps at Bathurst today and copped a good belting. Seems they didn't really hand back the keys.

Not sure why cops would post BS on their fbook page.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2015, 04:37 PM   #54
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

They were handed back.

They are on loan again just for the weekend for PR purposes. They often get loaners for this reason.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

Old 12-10-2015, 12:56 AM   #55
The Monty
Just slidin'

"Great to see my tax dollars getting wasted again"

Not sure if people realise police pay tax too.....

And then there is the free bit....
Old 13-10-2015, 01:38 AM   #56
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2015, 02:02 AM   #57
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I'd love the Aston!