Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-11-2015, 01:23 AM   #31
TuneUpsnSuch

Default Re: Regards from Florida

I didn't know that by "down under" ya'll meant that the forum threads were upside down as well. I'm used to first post first, there are some pics down there near the beginning of thread somewhere.
TuneUpsnSuch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2015, 02:49 AM   #32
BFGasUte
Banned

Hello,

The XB was a nice looking Car in its time and still now. There was a Fairmont and I think a Falcon 500. ( not a Fairmont 500 though ) In front of the front wheel was a badge for the engine size, no badge 200. 250 and V8 for 302. 351 was that. We also had the 2V 250, with a separate inlet manifold. The next model falcon had a cross flow head, and the model after mid way through had an alloy head. This is from memory, so dont quote me. We also had a few Mavericks here

Last edited by BFGasUte; 24-11-2015 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Correct error with badge detail
BFGasUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2015, 05:29 AM   #33
TuneUpsnSuch

Yeah, pretty odd. Did they have stuff dealer badged? I know here in the states there were some badges done by dealers aside from the factory.
Old 24-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #34
BFGasUte
Banned

Hello,

Not normally, but people " make " models. Over here people put Chev. badges on Holden's, and now you can buy them as a factory " option " The LWB version ( of XB ) is the Fairlane. and it also had a 500 model designation. The " Custom " was base model and far lower spec, the next model was the ZH and they dropped the Custom and brought out the " Marquis " which was higher spec that the 500. The LTD was the highest spec, and was available in a 2 door.called the " Landau " which is a sought after model. Once again, this is from memory 40ish years ago.
Old 24-11-2015, 10:33 AM   #35
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuneUpsnSuch View Post
I didn't know that by "down under" ya'll meant that the forum threads were upside down as well. I'm used to first post first, there are some pics down there near the beginning of thread somewhere.
You can change how the thread looks for you by going to....User CP/Edit Options

Down the bottom of Edit Options page there is 'Thread Display Mode'.
If you change the 'Linear - Oldest First' to 'Linear - Newest First' it will reverse the order of post in the threads.
Old 25-11-2015, 02:27 AM   #36
TuneUpsnSuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
You can change how the thread looks for you by going to....User CP/Edit Options

Down the bottom of Edit Options page there is 'Thread Display Mode'.
If you change the 'Linear - Oldest First' to 'Linear - Newest First' it will reverse the order of post in the threads.
Thank you, sir. This is why I serve the machine masters and leave the new fangled webby stuff to the pros ...
Old 25-11-2015, 09:10 AM   #37
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a Copper Bronze XB Fairmont in the mid 80's that looked identical spec to that one. 302 column auto, bucket seats, no a/c or power steer. The most basic Fairmont I'd ever seen!

Super clean and straight though, so I had to have it. I was the second owner and knew the car's history as I worked at the Ford dealership where it was sold and serviced from new.

Great old car but the ex-wife took it when she went - the loss was worth it though!

Russ
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2015, 10:06 AM   #38
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuneUpsnSuch View Post
Thank you, sir. This is why I serve the machine masters and leave the new fangled webby stuff to the pros ...
Likewise, I had to be shown where it was as well
Old 25-11-2015, 11:32 AM   #39
BFGasUte
Banned

Hello,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Falcon_%28XB%29 You may have already seen this page, but the links at the bottom are well worth a view.