Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
ajknight66
AJ

Default Fog Lights...2006 LS Focus

G'day All

The other half ( She-who-must-be-obeyed) just got a 2006 LS Focus. And wants the Fogs in the Car...(sigh)
Took out the headlights and the lower splash cover and bugger me if I can see the Wiring. It's a CL Model The switch is there and lights up on the dash when you pull the switch,kinda hoped the factory kinda tucked them away somewhere...............

Could any one help? Really Appreciated. If the Wiring is there, does anyone know where our Sth African Builders hid the 2 parts of the loom????

Once again thanks in advance if you know.

ajknight66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fog Lights...2006 LS Focus

I don't think the looms are in there, but you can get the fogs hooked up - I did it on an LV. Get them from Europe, rather than sourcing them in Oz - much cheaper.

I got a kit similar to this (I *think* this is the exact one you will need).

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford...it_rhd_885.htm

And I also got one of these.
http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford..._loom_2300.htm

NOTE: the loom above is apparently only for LV Foci, but there may be an equivalent for the LS - you can contact the people at that website to see if they do one. That's if you can't find the original loom - I've read somewhere that overseas models often have them tucked up behind the blank bezels where the foglights would go, so you might be lucky.

If you're clever you may be able to devise your own wiring, but I got an auto sparkie to hook it all up. Took them about an hour, so the job is apparently readily doable if you have the two parts, even if the car isn't ready for "plug and play".

Incidentally, the switch you see on the dash is probably for the rear foglight.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.

Last edited by In Focus; 11-12-2011 at 11:33 PM.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Yep that switch is the rear fog light.. Took me 12 months to find out I even had it!!
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2011, 01:58 AM   #4
ajknight66
AJ

Hey All Thanks for all the help, Like I said to casabonka, I probably would've kept looking till I got to the rear bumper.
The Kit I got off E-bay ( The $115:00 ) set is good and comes with a complete loom inc. Plugs, Fuse and Relay and a Dash Switch, although the switch doesn't seem to fit the hole, but still for a$115:00 is well spent they are a great alternative.

Thanks again for the "Focus Support" Cheers to all

*InFocus* Cheers Mate had a look at the UK site...a definite bookmark...oo Eibach Spring Set, and it's Xmas...so many hints

Last edited by ajknight66; 12-12-2011 at 02:03 AM.
ajknight66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2011, 07:03 AM   #5
casabonka
You can call me Chris

I had trouble with the plug fitting too, you need to push it in hard and it should pop in.
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #6
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by casabonka
Yep that switch is the rear fog light.. Took me 12 months to find out I even had it!!
Good god man! This explains, once again, why we see folk driving around with the rear fogs ON in clear weather:-)

Love the light though, it does an excellent job for its designed intention.

Have your wife to stand about 20 steps behind the car (yes, seriously 20 steps minimum), flick on the low-beam headlights, then press the rear fog switch; see the result!!

That extra brightness equals about 5 seconds extra warning over the next brightest lamp functions on the car, these being the 'brake-lamp', 'turn signal-hazard' functions. (Despite being the same wattage bulb - the 'trick' with the rear fog is the reflector).

More seconds, means a greater time for folk to react to you under lousy conditions. The European Transport Division call rear fogs - the primary lighting defence against rear-end impact probability under heavy fog, torrential daytime rain, smoke and dirt conditions.

If you go the path of adding front fogs, they will be wired to operate when the headlight switch is set to park, low and high-beam. The sparky should entail that the rear fog will also operate on Park when the front fogs are operating so. Not too difficult.

Heck, buy Fords warning triangle while your at it:-)
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 12-12-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is usually a 2006-2007 kit available on Ebay that comes with fog shrouds, wiring loom, relays and a switch that goes in one of the spare blanks next to your demister switch. Usually goes for about $115 including postage. The fogs are the adjustable type (can be fine tuned) not the 2008 fixed type.

The switch is a great match to the ones already there, just a tad darker, but not noticable. It has an illuminated fog lamp symbol too.

EDIT - I should have read the above reply first!! You already bought it!

Last edited by leakey; 15-12-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: I dont read
leakey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
country focus
Country Focus

I have a 9/2007 focus and can't get a front fog light kit,they make them for up to early 2007 but not late 2007. has anyone seen kits available?
country focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 01:31 AM   #9
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can you show us a pic of the car as is? That is, showing the existing foglight blank covers? I think most of what you need - foglights themselves and the dash switch, for instance - are more or less the same, but the covers are different shapes, depending on the exact model.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #10
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yours is same as my shape yeah?
Old 21-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
country focus
Country Focus

yes same shape, the panels even have a round section in them for the lights but don'tnow why they weren't factory fitted on all models.
country focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #12
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you want new parts try tjis exercise -

All on Ebay UK. Kit is same wiring, switch ect for up to 2007 and for 2008, and 2009 onwards. The light bezels are obviously for 2009 +. But I also linked some 2008 style bezels. The switch goes down near your demister switch and is a great match. Looks OEM.

Kit, including correct lamps.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-FORD-F...item19ca5a8d7d

Bezels.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus...item3f0d8a26aa

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus...item3f0d8a2c1f

I did it the other way. Bought the 2007 kit, and modified the lamps to suit the 2008 bezels. I think the way above is easier, no mods to do.

Plus you can sell off the bezels on Ebay again!

Dont know how much the kit is from EuroParts or the like, but betting way mor expensive, even with postage.

Last edited by leakey; 26-12-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: add info
leakey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2016, 01:01 PM   #13
craigcar
Starter Motor

Hi same problem here 2006 LX duro 2.0 manual, try and turn fog lights on get light on dash has power every where but at the globe connector 3 electricians later I've gotten no where.
craigcar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post