Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-07-2017, 03:29 PM   #1
Garyvpein1991

Default Gearbox parts help

Hello everyone was just wanting to ask anyone who is willing to help me,
Have a few parts I would like to install in my gearbox 5r55s , and don't have much mechanical experience and havnt been able to get a good quote so can't afford to pay a get box builder to install them, have high stall converter, billet servo's, stronger bands, shift kit and external trans cooler ?
Garyvpein1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2017, 12:25 PM   #2
glimmerman
Earnin' and Burnin'

Default Re: Gearbox parts help

What sort of quotes have you had?
The supercharger you have will be fine through the standard box, get it tuned to suit, then you can save the cash towards the gearbox rebuild while you get to drive the car around and enjoy it, even get them to give you a safer tune for the box if you're worried and then you can drive it and get used to it, then get the box built and retune to suit.
I've tried a build on a budget and I've tried things on my own, but if something is done wrong, you'll be up for even more money to fix it compared to just going to the shop to begin with.
If you can drive to the shop, they don't have you by the short and curlies, if you get towed to the shop, they'll have you then.

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

SO FAR Genie Headers, 100cell Cat, 3" SS exhaust, Nizpro Valve springs, Powerbond Under Drive, Pod filter, 3 inch intake, big mouth intake, Iridium Spark plugs, Atomic VIPER manifold.
TO BE INSTALLED Raptor V 14psi, Frozen Boost W2A, 3,7's & LSD, Auto Rebuilt
GOAL: 270+rwkws

My BA MKII Raptor Supercharged build
glimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #3
Garyvpein1991

Default Re: Gearbox parts help

Best quote I got to fit the parts I have was 1800 without fluid
, yeah man true aye might just keep saving and get it done properly ,
probably a good idea to get a safe tune first and then add the built gerbox then ramp up the boost and add more power, haha just mega keen to get as much power as possible 1st up have a few ideas for later on to get more power , port the heads , spool barra rebuild kit, custom intake manifold, could probably get raptor to modify the charger to allow more airflow
Garyvpein1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post