Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-03-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Another AUII front brake question!

G'day guys, I am about to install new pads and DBA slotted rotors on the front of my ute,do the pads (Bendix Advance) need anti squeal on the back or are they OK just out of the box? They already seem to have a sort of backing coating stuck to them,
thanks for any help,
cheers
Bill.

Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 09:23 AM   #2
tufLTD
tufLTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M
G'day guys, I am about to install new pads and DBA slotted rotors on the front of my ute,do the pads (Bendix Advance) need anti squeal on the back or are they OK just out of the box? They already seem to have a sort of backing coating stuck to them,
thanks for any help,
cheers
Bill.
We've found the Bendix GCT pads better. They bed in easier, less noise & less dust. We also use anti-squeal glue on all pads we fit.
tufLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 01:18 PM   #3
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks TufLTD, I will be able to swap the pads over and go to the GCT's as I have not installed them yet,
cheers
Bill.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
smally289
growing up is optional

I'd go with the CGT's too, have fitted a lot at work recently, with good results and customer feedback. We use anti squeal on the back of all pads we fit, can't hurt.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 02:15 AM   #5
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Have Bendix Advance in my TS50, and had them in my AU XR8 previously. No need for anti-squeal, and I'm very happy with the pads. No noise what so ever, and very low dust on the wheels. They're a very good "daily driven" brake pad.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #6
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

What does CGT stand for?

What's the cost of Advance pads and CGT pads?

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #7
HLC
Audi S3

and how hard is it to do the disc/pad conversion? are there any tutorials or anything for us people that are hopeless at this stuff? :

ill check aufalcon.com
Old 13-03-2006, 11:22 PM   #8
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufLTD
We've found the Bendix GCT pads better. They bed in easier, less noise & less dust. We also use anti-squeal glue on all pads we fit.

Can you use that anti-squeal glue on handbreak shoes to stop that annoying squeak the AU's tend to have??
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 11:38 PM   #9
smally289
growing up is optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
What does CGT stand for?

What's the cost of Advance pads and CGT pads?

GK

Oops, its GCT, stands for General Ceramic Technology
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 12:01 AM   #10
carratt
I Love My T3

I just fitted the exact same combo to my AU2 xr6 on the weekend and so far I love the results. Pulls up much nicer without any vibrations and no squelling (yet).
Old 14-03-2006, 12:10 AM   #11
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Is it just me , or do other people here find that no brake pads these days seem to work as well or last as long as the old asbestos brakes made years ago did ??? The old asbestos pads i've had in cars in the past lasted me the lifetime of the car in most cases , usually selling the car a few years later with same asbestos brake pads still in it and still working fine .... hhhmmm

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 12:12 AM   #12
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Then again though, i havent really gone out of my way to spend big bux on brake pads in the last few years. But even comapring a half decent pad to an old asbestos pad more what im on about ;)

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 11:46 PM   #13
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just some feedback on the rotor/pad post, I have done about 900 km on the DBA slotted rotor and Bendix GCT pads on the front, pulls up nice and smooth with no noise, it feels just a little better than the standard combo, nothing dramatic but I expect the DBA's to give better service than the std Ford discs (56000 km) Thanks to Cam at Hightek brakes (Melbourne Victoria)
Cheers
Bill.