Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-02-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 
Default New Toy From Petty's Garage

Hey Bullet, I thought you might like this. I guess Petty's Garage is still in business.

(Note: Political content edited out for this post)

(Note #2: URLs are provided for the huge images)

http://www.fordnxt.com/news/pettys-g...tive-military/

http://cdn.speednik.com/wp-content/b...-05_672424.jpg

http://cdn.speednik.com/wp-content/b...-26_381961.jpg

Based on a new pony car optioned with either the 300A or 301A option packages, the 2018 Petty’s Garage Warrior Mustang can be built out as Level 1 or Level 2 version. Both feature functional and appearance upgrades, but the centerpiece of both models is an Edelbrock E-Force 2650 supercharger. It elevates the Gen 3 Coyote’s output to 675 horsepower and 540 lb-ft of torque.

2018 Petty’s Garage Warrior Mustang Mods

Level 1

• Edelbrock E-Force TVS 2650 supercharger

• Petty’s Garage/Magnaflow exhaust

• Level 5 axle upgrade

• Richard Petty autographed dash plaque

• Warrior fender badge

Level 2

Includes Level 1 upgrades

• 20-inch Niche wheels

• Petty’s Garage spoiler

• Ford Performance Parts lowering springs

• Petty’s Garage upper and lower mesh grille

• Warrior racing stripes

• Petty’s Garage grille badge

• Petty’s Garage front windshield banner

• Warrior Rear Badge

• Petty’s Garage window etching

• Warrior-embroidered front floor mats

• Warrior custom leather interior

• Shift ball in Petty Blue (manual only)
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-02-2018, 04:01 PM   #2
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Toy From Petty's Garage

Thanks s.g..

I wonder if you could order one in rhd?
There's a few marines that rotate in and out of the NT these days. Japan too.

I think I'm wedded to a GT350 though, I've already got a supercharged coyote and a voodoo just makes me weak at the knees.

With the Bronco noises getting louder, I wonder if roll-a-long will return as part of the nostalgia.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2018, 03:32 PM   #3
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Off topic kinda, but I have always thought it strange that there are so many cheap Torino's available, including some special models, in the US. Great looking cars & what a 'replica' style to have on the street. R.Petty is such a cool guy, with his black cowboy hat. Check out Goodwood Festival where Petty's Talladega Torino makes an appearance with the 428.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-02-2018, 05:29 PM   #4
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

I like the Torinos and the Cyclone Spoilers. A friend has a trophy winning 1970 2bbl 351C powered Torino GT with a toploader. Very nice car and drives well.

He also has a near factory Cyclone Spolier with the 429 SCJ.

His other Spolier is a 540 stroker that is fully streetable runs 10.teens. Also a nice car.

i agree, Petty is pretty cool. He was always of a different mold than most others in Nascar at the time.

At Goowood, unless I am mistaken (been a few years), I thought Petty ran a Roadrunner in '68. That would make his Talladega a '69, which if restored correctly should have a 429 Ford Hemi. Truly a different chamber and port layout compared to the 426 Mopar Hemi. The Ford design lends itself better to a naturally aspirated petrol burning and the Mopar lends itself better to the blown nitro and alcohol burning environment.

But if they put a 428 CJ in it, that is a better street engine than either of the aforementioned Hemis.

Cheers
Old 12-02-2018, 06:16 PM   #5
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cyclone spoiler?
Any pics?

The king seems a lot like DJ, laid back, loves racing and knows his cars backwards.

XC Cobra #181.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:30 PM   #6
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I do have a few pics of Neals cars. I'll look for them some time tomorrow. It's 1:30AM here, I'm chasing in.
Old 13-02-2018, 12:06 AM   #7
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarite_guy View Post
I like the Torinos and the Cyclone Spoilers. A friend has a trophy winning 1970 2bbl 351C powered Torino GT with a toploader. Very nice car and drives well.

He also has a near factory Cyclone Spolier with the 429 SCJ.

His other Spolier is a 540 stroker that is fully streetable runs 10.teens. Also a nice car.

i agree, Petty is pretty cool. He was always of a different mold than most others in Nascar at the time.

At Goowood, unless I am mistaken (been a few years), I thought Petty ran a Roadrunner in '68. That would make his Talladega a '69, which if restored correctly should have a 429 Ford Hemi. Truly a different chamber and port layout compared to the 426 Mopar Hemi. The Ford design lends itself better to a naturally aspirated petrol burning and the Mopar lends itself better to the blown nitro and alcohol burning environment.

But if they put a 428 CJ in it, that is a better street engine than either of the aforementioned Hemis.

Cheers
I am sure your correct. I watched a doco sometime ago which started with Petty & some history in the states at his museum with descriptions of Ford's engine development & the subsequent cars & motors that powered them & it tied in with the Goddwood thing, but wasn't a Goodwood special or anything. There was a Roadrunner, blue I think with the original steering wheel wrapped in about 100 rolls of what looks to be black electrical tape, which had a special big block as well as the other Petty runners around the same time. It was a while back, and I just remember it showed a few of Petty's great blue cars with Ford big blocks and they were all incredible. They focused on his success amid Chrysler who were having a huge run with their awesome 426 Hemi. It's a great period of the car manufacturers throwing it all out there on the track to power the muscle cars we all love and I have always loved that older stock car racing that preceded Nascar. Like Bathurst in the same period, you could virtually buy the car you saw on the race track which in the late 60's in America, included some of the most powerful motors ever built. It still amazes me that considering the importance of these cars and their engines that many are comparably cheap today when other similar period cars have gone crazy. I would buy one tomorrow. Thanks for putting me right on the Petty cars etc. Cheers

Last edited by au350hp; 13-02-2018 at 12:14 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-02-2018, 07:04 AM   #8
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
Cyclone spoiler?
Any pics?

The king seems a lot like DJ, laid back, loves racing and knows his cars backwards.
Not the best quality pics.

Here's the Torino GT:

This is the Cyclone that is closest to showroom stock:

The blue one has the 540:

Last edited by solarite_guy; 18-03-2018 at 01:57 PM.
9 users like this post:
Old 13-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #9
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers mate.
I've never seen one before.

Was it out at the same time as the Torino?

XC Cobra #181.
Old 13-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #10
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Thanks.

Yes, they were built in parallel.

Cheers.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-02-2018, 06:14 PM   #11
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the pics Solarite_guy. My favourite two door Ford of all time. 1970 Torino GT. Beautiful big coupe with great lines. Iv'e always loved the jet fighter lines these cars have, lightly built front merging into massive sheet metal rear, like an F1-11. When I am in the position to buy an older American car, forget Mustangs or mock up GT Falcons, these are very realistically priced cars. Some of the more desirable models are a gift when compared to other marques of the period. Selling up in a years time to move to the Blue Mountains. If all goes well, a trip to the USA to buy a car will follow shortly after. I'm using Hemming's Motors as my main guide, there are other's but this is the best I have found & they respond to emails quickly.
2 users like this post: