Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 14-12-2020, 10:12 PM   #1
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Base FG XR Steering Wheel (it comes with switches also as you cant buy on its own) is $370. XR Black Edition is $440. Freight on top..

A VIN would confirm exactly if need be.
Thanks mate. What’s the difference between base and black edition?
Apart from the obvious colour?

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
PHANTMXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2020, 10:17 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6 View Post
Thanks mate. What’s the difference between base and black edition?
Apart from the obvious colour?
Normal XR has Black switches with white writing, the black edition has silver with black switches..
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2020, 11:14 PM   #3
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Sorry, front screen - not rear.

I’ll try for a photo tomorrow.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2020, 09:01 AM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Sorry, front screen - not rear.

I’ll try for a photo tomorrow.
Not sold separate, part of front screen, see image below.

BA Front Screen.JPG
Old 15-12-2020, 11:06 AM   #5
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

That catalogue image looks like the sedan version of the screen.

I couldn’t get it dry for better detail, but my AU and BA utes both have a continuous rubber strip along the front glass top edge, it doesn’t wrap over the glass edge but forms a channel in the aperture.

Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2020, 10:41 PM   #6
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
That catalogue image looks like the sedan version of the screen.

I couldn’t get it dry for better detail, but my AU and BA utes both have a continuous rubber strip along the front glass top edge, it doesn’t wrap over the glass edge but forms a channel in the aperture.

There is only one image for all models, it would just mean if there was any difference between the two, when you click on that part it gives you the option to choose which one you want rather than printing the image more times.