Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

View Poll Results: How often do yous wash your car?
Once a week 20 45.45%
Once every fortnight 8 18.18%
Once a month 9 20.45%
Never, so you can scribble "I wish my [--whoever--] is this dirty" 7 15.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2006, 10:43 AM   #31
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default How often

If its not raining i will wash it once or twice a week.

If it is raining i will just hose down the underbody/suspension/entire exhaust/brakes. Just to make sure no nasty stuff builds up on the car. I dont dry it (obviously because its raining)

When i do wash i give it a REALLY good rinse first (remember to rinse EVERYTHING as listed above)
Sponge wash it with armour all light blue formula. then once done, take the nozzle off the hose and rinse off.. this way it beads about 75% of the water off the car and makes it ALOT faster to dry. And also,less contact ur chamois has with the car the better :P

Use a good meg synthetic chamois (when u buy them they are absolute rubbish for the first 6-7 times u wash your car, try soaking them in a bucket)

I borrowed my brothers small orbital lowish speed buffer and used it with meg X scratch all over the car. then two coats of tech wax. Thats all you have to do to keep it looking smick, and as damo said a clay bar works well if u park under tree's or if your in the inner city alot with a lota rubbish building up on the paintwork.
:
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #32
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
.....Thats all you have to do to keep it looking smick,
You mean schmick!
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #33
MaxinBlack
Starter Motor

Less regularly in winter than in Summer - I ignore the no bucket washing at the car wash places and use the high pressure hose there - any suggestions though as I have a sap mark on the black fiesta from a tree at work that just won't budge. I use Meguires products. Any other suggestions?
MaxinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 11:58 PM   #34
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Claybar and quick detailer as lube
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 12:03 AM   #35
Danny
GT4.

Tried with the claybar and QD as lube........ It Hurts her too much though lol....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #36
crispymk2

I wash mine once a week and wax with Meguires cleaning wax every month or so.

Always use a meg chamois and wool wash mitt too.

The cortina gets cleaned more than it gets used sometimes, it sits under a car cover 90% of the time too.
Old 30-06-2006, 03:53 AM   #37
jim1606
Jim

i never wash mine, i just let it get really dirty and my little cousins like to wash it so they can it gets me out of doing it :
jim1606 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post