Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-09-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
turboute
turboute

Default AU3 Premium sound problem

Hi guys,

My sound system (AU S3 premium sound - 6 stacker)has locked up and I do not have any idea why, what I can tell you is:
1)the battery did go flat yesterday (my fault) but I drove it for over an hour last night and the stereo was fine
2) started the car this morning and it has stopped working
3) the red light next to the 'load' button is pemanently on.
4) I cannot get the display to work - even trying the method to get to the code entering screen.

Has anyone had this happen to them and how do I fix it? (I did search - but couldnt find any thread relating to these symptoms)

My best guess at the moment is to pull the fuse, and re-enter the code (which I am going to have to get of Ford as the previous owner did not leave it in the car - dammit).

turboute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 06:04 PM   #2
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

The indash 6 stackers stuff up very easly. Id be surprised if it can be fixed my guess would be you need a new unit.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman
The indash 6 stackers stuff up very easly. Id be surprised if it can be fixed my guess would be you need a new unit.
Not true, ASL can fix them for about $280. Ring around a few well known car audio places, not autobarn or JB hifi, as they can fix them too.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Make sure you battery is knackered , you said you had a flat ?? , why ?? , these cars do all sorts of strange things when the battery starts to die.

I also had a similar problem too once when i pulled the radio out to do some led work behind the cfp, when i plugged the radio back in it was making a constant clicking sound , nothing on the lcd display , and the red light near the cd insert was on.
I just ended up unplugging it , then plugged it back in and it worked fine again ???? lol

gl

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
HLC
Audi S3

the 6-stackers fukc up all the time. my mums is cactus AGAIN, and that would be the 2nd or 3rd replacement unit. fun.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:32 PM   #6
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have one for sale if it comes to that - check the spare parts section
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #7
turboute
turboute

I have pulled the fuse and reset it now- no red light and it comes up at the code screen - just have to go see the local dealer and get a code to let me back in tomorrow.
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2006, 12:48 AM   #8
bf tubs

just get rid of the thing, mine stuffed up 3 times in one 9 month period b4 i smashed it with a 350 mm shifter . its a horrible weak unit and my system is better of for having a propper deck in it ,half the time it would tell me there were no cds in the stacker wen it was full, i wanted to keep the dash looking stock but u can only take so much failure
 bf tubs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post