Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #31
Work Horse
Budget Racer

I'm unsure of the rules in NSW. In Vic the police do not have to find anything defective on your car to put an unroadworthy sticker on it. The police only need to suspect some part of a car is unroadworthy, to send you to a licenced station to be inspected properly.

This makes sence when you think about it, unless we train all police to be licenced vehicle testers as well as everything else they have to know.

You agree that the car was unroadworthy, I'm unsure what is to be gained by arguing how unroadworthy it was.
Old 14-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #32
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Write to the commissioner, I am sure he would love to hear how you had an unroadworthy car.
The police only have to believe the car was unroadworthy to nail you too, they don't actually have to be correct. As Work Horse points out, we can't train all the cops to be RTA certified inspectors.
Was the pod filter in the airbox? I would guess not as he won't have xray vision ... you could even expect to hear from the EPA over that one too. If you think the cops were unfair, wait for the reaming they will give if your car doesn't pass.
It's up to you but I would get your dodgey RWC from your mate and move on.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #33
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

[QUOTE=4Vman]
Quote:
Dont waste your time. He only needs 1 item to defect you...
Correct! and Game over. In Vic you need a RWC if they get you for 1 so your gone. (assuming RTA is the same)

Quote:
Weather any of the others are valid or not makes no difference, you can work it out with the guy who does the roadworthy...
Again correct. Your wheels should be OK unless they are 245/60's or something equally daft.

Lastly there is no excuse for 4 subs in the boot. That should be a roadworthy item on its own. If your car sounds that bad you need 4 subs think about fitting a 351.
Old 14-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #34
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

agree.... consider your self lucky he didnt referr you to epa or decc.... for a clean record?? i didnt think defects mattered? on your driving record? or did u loose points for something?
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post