Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-06-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

Default Need A Job

as the title suggests i need a job, ive just been made redundant, with 53 other people. The company was losing money and the only way they could see the other 2 sites surviving was to shut our newcastle plant down. i was in the packaging/manufacturing industry. im a 24 yo male. work hard, quick learner, dont mind long hours, as i use to work rotating shifts. wouldt mind a change of careers. at the moment i'll do anything, as i have bills to pay like everyone else, and i have a nice XR8 i want to keep. any help is appreciated. Wil

WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 07:13 AM   #2
devilracer_01
Sleeping Beast

Virgin Blue Airlines is for you.
devilracer_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #3
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

i tried there.. they don't take anyone over 6'2 :P!

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 09:29 AM   #4
Holden Man

Police, Fire, Ambulance, Customs, State Rail
these mobs tend to like people who have a bit of life experience, and you dont need to have a uni degree.
Holden Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #5
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

thought bout the police but i dont think i could behave myself. i could stir up p platers in undercover cars like they do here in newcastle
WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #6
sheldzzz
sheldzzz

mate lol try W.A shutdown work. from what youve told us you have bils to pay and a car to keep.

minning industry is so big over here and u will be swallowd up by any big company on the mines. You will soon have no more bills to pay, only spending money....thats after youve got 2 blocks of land and a gt-p parked in the garage.

a mate of mine is a boilermaker and his breing home 15g a month. When i was 18 i was on a mine site about 4 hours out of perth earning 1300 in hand a week (not fly in fly out, just doing 52 hr weeks.)

theres so much opertunity over here and the pay is one of the highest and you dont even need to be qulified just bee a Trade assistant.

sheldzzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #7
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

P.M sent
Old 01-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #8
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldzzz
mate lol try W.A shutdown work. from what youve told us you have bils to pay and a car to keep.

minning industry is so big over here and u will be swallowd up by any big company on the mines. You will soon have no more bills to pay, only spending money....thats after youve got 2 blocks of land and a gt-p parked in the garage.

a mate of mine is a boilermaker and his breing home 15g a month. When i was 18 i was on a mine site about 4 hours out of perth earning 1300 in hand a week (not fly in fly out, just doing 52 hr weeks.)

theres so much opertunity over here and the pay is one of the highest and you dont even need to be qulified just bee a Trade assistant.
Where are these jobs?? I've got a house in Kwinana but at the moment the Military keeps me on this side of the country. Would love to get back to Perth.

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 06:49 PM   #9
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^ Looking for Shut-down work In WA Register yourself with Skilled, they have a team that just do Shut-downs. there are others too but they are the main one.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #10
WPN XR6T
Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbystang
Where are these jobs?? I've got a house in Kwinana but at the moment the Military keeps me on this side of the country. Would love to get back to Perth.
Now there's a Job for Ya! Get a haircut and go see a Defence force recruiter. Alot of people will probably try to talk you out of it, but if you can work for a living, you won't get bored like them, and you will really be able to make a go of it!
Moneys good too (for the amount of actual work that you do...). :

Happiness is owning more Fords. Bliss is owning more XR's!

- 2005 BA II XR8 "The Dino"
- 2005 BA II XR6T "The T"
- 2008 WQ XR4 "The Fez"
WPN XR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #11
4bbl
too many toys

i work for a drilling company based in qld, but they have rigs all over australia, it is even time,fly in and fly out 2 weeks at a time, you work 12 hour shift live in the camp 5 meals a day, they provide all training and the base day rate is $380 a day, starting wage, they have a web site but there number is 0738793333 century resources, good luck
4bbl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #12
Scott

What's shutdown work?
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #13
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any wineries around the place? Become a cellar hand. Good fun work, but generally is seasonal unless you can get a full time position.
Being seasonal work means that you can work a vintage here in Australia over summer and then go overseas and work a vintage somewhere else during their summer. California is a nice place to go. I've gone and done a vintage over there with my wife in 2003, and I'm a Computer Analyst/Programmer! The wife is a winemaker.
Old 13-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #14
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
What's shutdown work?
basically where a major (read: essential) part of a mine sites equipment is taken out of service and shut down for a few days while maintenance that cannot be performed while the equipment is in operation is carried out
Old 13-07-2007, 11:34 PM   #15
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Also see http://jobs.wa.gov.au/ and http://www.sbdc.com.au/gowest/?page=search
for more about jobs in our booming WA economy.
Old 13-07-2007, 11:42 PM   #16
gtfpv
GT

your in newcastle . mate seriuosly go and get your fork ticket now. and put your name down at newcastle shipping wharves . DP WORLD . if you have a fork ticket or one in the pipeline you will get a start as a casual. it will tie you over .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 11:42 PM   #17
FTRXR8

How about Bus Driving. . . . .

Newcastle has Newcastle Buses part of STA Sydney Buses (Government employment!).

You obviously enjoy drving,get to go home each night after work,Its clean work,penalty rates for overtime and night shifts,Flexible hours,easy to learn,plenty of overtime.

Definatly an industry thats screams for staff all the time and also one that is useful in any part of the world!
Tint
USA Focus ST Carbon Fibre shifter
Mountune Symposer Delete
Blue ST Badging
FTRXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post