Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-12-2007, 01:11 AM   #1
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Spread the Christmas cheer!!

:
I don't want to bring anyone down this Christmas but this year....the past 3 months have been more than any one person could ask for or expect their family to go through. I have been diagnosed with a terminal illness and I thought I was ok with it (been 12 yrs coming and that is 12yrs I didn't think I had so I feel lucky!) but I was feeling particularly down this week and was forced to spend some time in the ole hospital system.

This time of year is horrible when you are in hospital...and I was really, really down.... and then I went and spent time in the Childrens burns unit! Wow! What an eye opener!!

There are people worse off than you! Love the people around you and show them love. If you don't get anything back...well...at least you spread some of the love around! Open your heart...It is not about how many times it is broken or who breaks it...it is about showing another person that there is someone who will take the time to listen and will take the time to care!

It is not about Ford vs Holden or who has the better motor or the better rims on their car..it is about what you can give to your fellow man...and how you can make a diffence to the people around you that you love!

Sorry Mods...If you want to take this rant off...feel free...but this year to me the Christmas spirit I felt when younger is long gone...

Spare a thought for those less fortunate than you and love the people around you...THAT is true Christmas spirit!!

To everyone on Ford Forums, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year and if the Ford Forums can donate to those less fortunate....... then we are indeed a lucky bunch!

Merry Christmas everyone and have a Safe and Happy New Year!! - Colleen
:

Old 13-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Merry Christmas everyone and have a Safe and Happy New Year!! - Colleen
Et tu lady, and I am sure all readers sincerely wish just that in return for both you and your loved ones. You are not alone, *never* will be, just know that.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2007, 02:37 AM   #3
Tha Jack
Legend!!!

Geeze Col This is why I love you so much! You have so much Love and passion for helping people you always put yourself last. Well Girlfriend It is time to think about yourself and FIGHT!!! this once and for all. I know your strong enough to do it Col.
You mean a lot to more people than you realise and leave a lasting impression on all that meet you. Hope you have a fantastic christmas and enjoy all the prezzies the boys and I have chosen for you.
:voldar02:

BACK TO THE BONE YARD
Tha Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2007, 03:10 AM   #4
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Jack
Geeze Col This is why I love you so much! You have so much Love and passion for helping people you always put yourself last. Well Girlfriend It is time to think about yourself and FIGHT!!! this once and for all. I know your strong enough to do it Col.
You mean a lot to more people than you realise and leave a lasting impression on all that meet you. Hope you have a fantastic christmas and enjoy all the prezzies the boys and I have chosen for you.
:voldar02:
Wow! What's to give up on! Thanks babe! Bought another tear to my eye! Christmas is not about the presents...It is about loving and caring the people you are with. I am indeed one Lucky Woman!!! Love Col x x x