Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
rods666
Starter Motor

Default falcon 62 caravan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi new here but always been ford blooded.
Thought I;d start with a curve ball ,just bought a caravan badged falcon all original but in need of repair,been told they were sold around 62 as a package deal with the falcon wagon by ford,people I've spoken to tell me they have adverts with this on,but have not seen.The van was susposebly made by franklin and sold by ford.
Does any one have such ad or any info on this,I need to know if to save this van and history and rearity would help explain to the power to be why.
Thank's all

rods666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
fatxagt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

got any pics?

Need a Windscreen? www.windscreensmelbourne.com.au
fatxagt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 06:08 PM   #3
rods666
Starter Motor

Default Pictures of Caravan

: Here are some pics
Old 11-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
Werd.
nou

Whats it like inside?
Werd. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
rods666
Starter Motor

Needs full resto, would look great when finshed.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #6
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Thats a great van you got there. I'd definetely be going down the restoration path with it. Dosent look as if it needs alot of work either. What she like underneath ?
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #7
fmc351
let it burn

There is a business named Falcon Caravans but I dont think its affiliated with Ford in any way, its just a name. Since no-one seems to have any info on whether Ford commissioned them could it be that its just one of theirs?

Just i would have thought someone here would have heard of them before if it was, theres a lot of Ford related knowledge here.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 10:29 PM   #8
rods666
Starter Motor

Hi yeah i hit up a few caravan historic sites but they all say they never heard of falcon caravan's so thought what the previous owner (he's a 60's falcon nut 10 cars or more an a xr gt) told me true ,will have to get on to him about the ad he supossably has or the fella in town he got it off.
The search go's on,Ford australia got back to me with a Ph No to call on early history a guy called Adrian Ryan,well see what turn's up.
Would be nice if it was ford history can only hope, like you said still nice van thou.
Rods
Old 12-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #9
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Im looking forward to see what info you can dig up on this one mate. Very interesting.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2008, 01:23 AM   #10
rods666
Starter Motor

We'll we have a start spoke with ford historian and it is possably a dealer based offer van was built by franklin (we think next chase for info) for a ford dealer to sell as a package deal ,I've been given a few old ford dealer names to contact to see if they still have old sales info,or any idea.
But look's good that it may have been sold through ford as a package just need to find the printed proof.
Been in contact with the guy I got it off and he cannot find the ad(copy) he has but knows the guy's house he worked on who gave him the ad so he going to do a drive by and write the address down for me,hopefully he still lives there,this would be a great help in what and where the van may have been sold.
Alls on the up and up,just got to twist the missus arm into letting me buy an xl wagon .
Old 28-02-2008, 01:36 AM   #11
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have a later model of the same van but without the falcon logo`s not the same inside but very similar badged as a franklin, mine is about 10 years later but would definatley say its the brother of yours, if i remember tommorow i`ll see if there a sticker who sold it.........might be lucky.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2008, 01:53 AM   #12
rods666
Starter Motor

CHEERS ,all help is good.
Old 28-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #13
Abacus
Life's a Gas

This is fascinating stuff!!
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #14
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Panorama executive styleline was the later model and Doug Thorley name is on mine i believe he was a big seller at 1 stage but is now defunct , sorry mate ......does`nt help you much, i`ll ask some old fellers ......they no stuff ;)
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2009, 01:56 AM   #15
rods666
Starter Motor

Hi were back and no further info, spent 8 hours in library going throu micro film of advertiser man this does your eyes no favours looked at two and half years every page lots cool ads but not much falcon stuff.Now all other brands of paper are stored in basement and need to be pulled out to go throu, as in the normal read paper way.
So does any one have ideas as to which paper (s) ford in S.A advertised in during the 60s or mags , did the Raa mag or something similar get around at this time.
Help
will find it one day, probably just after i flatten it. :togo: :