Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default LR Focus Aux input

Santa left a Samsung T10 in the stocking this year so naturally I plugged it in to the Aux input in the car to see how it all works. Problem is I need the volume of the T10 nearly flat out to hear the thing.

This a normal situation or am I overlooking some setting on the head unit.

Star Stuff every day now.. yippee

More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

I got the little lady one of those T10's for christmas and i have the same issue.
I think it's the output of the player. The signal coming out of there would be just enough to run a pair of earbuds. I don't think it has the level of output to really work properly in an aux input.

You may just have to live with it. Try not to crank the T10 up all the way, it tends to distort from the sound coming out. turn it up about 4/5 of the way and then turn it up at the head unit. you'll get a little hiss but you wont hear it with the music going.
Just remember to turn it down if you switch it over to radio or cd, otherwise it'll blow you clean out the car, hotly pursued by your speakers.

there are alternate ways to connect it to a car stereo, might be worth a trip to JBhifi or somewhere similar and get some ideas.
I'm looking at getting a new head unit with a usb port which will negate the whole need for an MP3 player all together. you just plug in a flash drive and you're in business.

BTW, how cool is the T10 tho. when i bought it i loaded it full of music for the GF and i couldn't stop fiddling with it, it's so cool.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes I think I can live with the low volume rather than replace the head or looking for a preamp or something.

T10 it a great little thing havent used it for video yet but the inbuilt FM radio is very handy.

I loaded 30 hrs of star stuff and 12 cd's and still have room.

And being black it matched my black zetec, even the white bits are black.
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

gotta love colour co-ordinating.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post