Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
THE EB!

Default job oppurtunity - draftsman in canberra

Hi all, i know this seems like spam because i dont post here much but i do frequent the forums. Anyway i work as a structural dratsman at a small company in Canberra (it may be small but we do alot of the big Canberra jobs ie: skyplaza in woden, the new shopping complex in the city) and anyway we are in need of some new young workers. I have been working there for nearly 3.5 years, when i started i was doing the crap work - answering phones, changing/adding a bit of text on drawings; but as time went on i started getting more involved in the drafting side of things, and we currently have no young trainees, so as well as doing drafting im still doing all the hack work like answering phones etc. We have been advertising through papers but cant get anyone in canberra, we also have a sydney office but do not need any workers there. I have found the job great, i enjoy what i do, and the people are awesome. But we are getting busier and busier, we are getting more engineers but no more draftsman, so thats what im hoping to achieve by posting here.

As i said we need some more people - preferrably young (just finished year 10/12) that are looking for work. For those of you who may be interested but dont know what drafting is, it is usuing computer programs (we use autocad 2007) to draw the structure for buildings. When you start you will obviously be doing the boring work like answering phones, filing, scanning, but we will also teach you drafting and you will be doing some of that. If there is anything you want to know, reply to the thread and i will try and help. This is a good oppurtunity for someone looking for full time work, i myself will not conduct an interview, but if anyone is interested i can put you onto my boss and he will take things from there.

So, any interest?

thanks guys.

THE EB! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post