Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 
Cool Dream theater finally

I've waited a long time for this... I've been a fan for only 10yrs or so... but i am into them like no other band!

Last night, Dream Theater played Melbourne!!!!!!

What can i say, i was in heaven. A FLAWLESS performance, truly magical stuff!

Festival Hall was packed out... I'm sure they would have been extremely happy with the attendence, and the 5 minute + standing ovation by 6,000+ fans at the end, must have made their long trip down under worth it!

The more i think about the fact that i actually saw the whole DT crew LIVE last night, the more i freak out!

What a night to remember, i hope others on here attended and enjoyed it as much as we did.

JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
irlewy86
Meep Meep

So what was the finale like?
Old 30-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow, didnt even know they were here! woulda been an awesome performance that's for sure
Old 30-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
wow, didnt even know they were here! woulda been an awesome performance that's for sure
You're in Sydney?

They're playing Sydney tonight, and Brisbane Friday night!

Grab a ticket.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Never heard of them, what sort of music is it, are they on youtube?

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i appreciate each members talents in DT, but damn do they make some boring music. haha thats my opinion.

nevertheless, would have been an awesome show. i know so many rabid DT fans that cant wait for tonight lol

sprjenkins, yeah youtube them.
Old 31-01-2008, 02:22 AM   #7
XXRR-50
Formerly ORSMT-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
I've waited a long time for this... I've been a fan for only 10yrs or so... but i am into them like no other band!

Last night, Dream Theater played Melbourne!!!!!!

What can i say, i was in heaven. A FLAWLESS performance, truly magical stuff!

Festival Hall was packed out... I'm sure they would have been extremely happy with the attendence, and the 5 minute + standing ovation by 6,000+ fans at the end, must have made their long trip down under worth it!

The more i think about the fact that i actually saw the whole DT crew LIVE last night, the more i freak out!

What a night to remember, i hope others on here attended and enjoyed it as much as we did.
Yeah mate, I was there in the first row! Absolutely insane! One of the things that I will never forget...

Bin a fan of them for about 10years too, and as a drummer myself watching Portnoy(my drummer idol) is a dream come true! He's a real character too, spitting and making gags all the time...

They're true masters of their instruments, and they make it look so easy.

That last set was absolutely crazy, with all 6000 people singing and cheering together...

Previous cars:
'03 BA G220 Fairlane
'00 T2 TE50 #063(ORSMT-2)
'96 EFII Fairmont Ghia 5l V8(TOPGIA#2)
'03 BA Fairmont Ghia I6(TOPGIA#1)
'94 ED XR6(TKFRD-6)
'93 EB S-XR6

FOR SALE: ORSMT-2 NUMBER PLATES
XXRR-50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #8
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPGIA
Yeah mate, I was there in the first row! Absolutely insane! One of the things that I will never forget...

Bin a fan of them for about 10years too, and as a drummer myself watching Portnoy(my drummer idol) is a dream come true! He's a real character too, spitting and making gags all the time...

They're true masters of their instruments, and they make it look so easy.

That last set was absolutely crazy, with all 6000 people singing and cheering together...
yeah i think thats the appeal of them to most people, i know heaps of drummers that love portnoy!

its strange though, ive been playing guitar forever, and i coudlnt give 2 hoots about petrucci lol i dunno! as long as you and everyone else who went had fun! :sm_headba