Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
groops

Default I need new Injectors

Hey Guys.

Did a bit of hunting...but couldn't find a huge amount of info specifically what I'm after...

Mechanic tells me that alot of my starting issues could me due to issues with my injectors...

Are these worthwhile servicing, or is it better to replace them? If so...is this the opportunity to put 'better' ones in? (if there is such a thing)...

He also mentioned that the TB may need servicing...I believe that these can be replaced too to improve performance...

What I'm mainly after is info on what new injectors will cost and if there are 'better ones' out there, and what does it generally involve to upgrade my TB?

I drive a 2002 AU3 XR6 HP.

Mike

groops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

you can get yours serviced eg. taken out and properly cleaned on a bench with new o rings seals and filters, and they come up as good as new. on a falcon it would either be cheaper or the same as getting new ones. on cars like alot of japanese cars your better off servicing them as the injectors could cost 600+ each brand new o.e.m becasue there are none available aftermarket. ring a few performance places like c&v since your in sydney and see what they say about uprated injectors.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:19 PM   #3
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Mong the AU saloon car thats on aufalcon.com runs BA XR6T or F6 injectors

and i bet theres plenty of them getting around due to all the XR6T owners working the hell out of their cars beyond the stock injectors abilitys

and give the throttle body a service is as easy as removing the idle control valve (the thing bolted to the side of it) and give it all a good spraying and rubbing of throttle body cleaner
Old 06-02-2008, 11:42 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
you can get yours serviced eg. taken out and properly cleaned on a bench with new o rings seals and filters, and they come up as good as new. on a falcon it would either be cheaper or the same as getting new ones. on cars like alot of japanese cars your better off servicing them as the injectors could cost 600+ each brand new o.e.m becasue there are none available aftermarket. ring a few performance places like c&v since your in sydney and see what they say about uprated injectors.
Where did you get those prices from? $600 each? You can get them brand new for $360 a set of 6.

Being a 2002 model, I doubt they'll need replacing. More likely the coil pack is at fault - injectors are usually good for 150000+ km, unless you get a crappy batch of fuel, and it manages to make it's way through the filter.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 12:00 AM   #5
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm pretty sure he was referring to injectors for Japanese imports with that $600 figure.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 01:38 AM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattp
I'm pretty sure he was referring to injectors for Japanese imports with that $600 figure.
Problem is he's posted that price in an Australian Ford forum, where the predominant car is the falcon. To make matters worse, he's posted that advice in AU Falcon - a specific model of Japanese Imported Car. Oh, hang on, no, it's still made in Australia.

One worthless post takes about 15 others to debunk - so now someone's going to have in their head that injectors for a falcon are $600 each, and it will take a whole lot of convincing them otherwise. I don't mind people trying to be helpful, but the emphasis has to be on the "help", not the "ful". Sometimes guessing is worse than not knowing.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 07-02-2008, 01:57 AM   #7
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by groops
Hey Guys.

Did a bit of hunting...but couldn't find a huge amount of info specifically what I'm after...

Mechanic tells me that alot of my starting issues could me due to issues with my injectors...

Are these worthwhile servicing, or is it better to replace them? If so...is this the opportunity to put 'better' ones in? (if there is such a thing)...

He also mentioned that the TB may need servicing...I believe that these can be replaced too to improve performance...

What I'm mainly after is info on what new injectors will cost and if there are 'better ones' out there, and what does it generally involve to upgrade my TB?

I drive a 2002 AU3 XR6 HP.

Mike
hit the tb with some cleaner , pull the injectors and soak them over night in cleaner , buy some kits ( two injectors $8.00) and kit them cleaning well with a nylon brush a blowing some air through under low prreasure , if they wont blow open with 12v dc total cost $40.00 , repeat again every 12 months and be happy...
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 02:30 AM   #8
kcej
2mny projects 2 lttl time

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
on a falcon it would either be cheaper or the same as getting new ones. on cars like alot of japanese cars your better off servicing them as the injectors could cost 600+ each.
Didn't seem like a "useless post" to me, yift, but then I took the time to read what you'd written.
For what its worth, in my opinion forums like this can be just as easily spoiled by people with superior technical knowledge, but very little patience, as they can be by people with less knowledge but a greater willingness to help.
Then there are those like GK who have the complete package, knowledge, patience, and willingness to help.
Keith
kcej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I'd suggest cleaning your current injectors and getting new o-rings. There's no need for larger injectors unless you are really putting a LOT of power out ... the standard injectors are decent enough (unless you start going the forced induction route).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 10:44 AM   #10
groops

Thanks for all the info guys. I am planning down the track to go Supercharged or Turbocharged....still undecided...each have pro's and Cons....Not going into that discussion here....please don't get this thread closed.....

"The Mong the AU saloon car thats on aufalcon.com runs BA XR6T or F6 injectors" - I might look at this....this might be an option....I'll talk to my uncle. - Otherwise I'll get them serviced.

Thanks Fellas....

Mike
groops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #11
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

when cleaning the injectors what do you cean them in, just carby cleaner or buy a bottle of carby cleaner for your fuel tank and soak em in that??? Mine are playing up i think & wouldnt mind giving them a clean myself.
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #12
xp_wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Problem is he's posted that price in an Australian Ford forum, where the predominant car is the falcon. To make matters worse, he's posted that advice in AU Falcon - a specific model of Japanese Imported Car. Oh, hang on, no, it's still made in Australia.

One worthless post takes about 15 others to debunk - so now someone's going to have in their head that injectors for a falcon are $600 each, and it will take a whole lot of convincing them otherwise. I don't mind people trying to be helpful, but the emphasis has to be on the "help", not the "ful". Sometimes guessing is worse than not knowing.
lol if you read everything else in yift's post apart from just the "$600" bit, what he says makes perfect sense...

you'd better get out of this section of the forum mate with your Explorer and your EL, you must be getting confused by all the AU stuff in here eh?
xp_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #13
JoesAu

im interested in a way to clean them! whats best to soak em in, could you use CLR
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #14
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by groops
Thanks for all the info guys. I am planning down the track to go Supercharged or Turbocharged....still undecided...each have pro's and Cons....Not going into that discussion here....please don't get this thread closed.....

"The Mong the AU saloon car thats on aufalcon.com runs BA XR6T or F6 injectors" - I might look at this....this might be an option....I'll talk to my uncle. - Otherwise I'll get them serviced.

Thanks Fellas....

Mike
You would need to run a fuel pressure regulater to limit the amount of fuel that goes in wouldnt you?? I have access to f6 injecters, just unsure what would happen if I get them installed.
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #15
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've always been under the impression that with bigger injectors you will have to have the car tuned to run right, this has been the case when I tried this option on previous cars. But a member on here fitted some larger ones, and said after about 5 minutes of running rich it seem to come good. So now I'd be interested to try this, it would not produce any extra power or anything and would be completley useless on anything making less then around 180rwkws, but if you need new injectors and have some serious mods planned it would save a few dollars in the long run.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:19 PM   #16
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I put f6 injectors in my xr6 vct..150rwkw.It is still running rich, until it warms up it has a flutter ( like is hitting the rev limiter) at about 3500 revs, after it is hot it is ok. The injectors have also thrown out the dte, a full tank is 390 dte, but does go to approx 600km/ tank.On a positive note, throttle response feels to have improved and with the bum o meter it feels to be pulling harder, albeit only when hot. I have yet to have it retuned, but will be interesting what the dyno will be like 1st up compared to before,I'm waiting for a custom exhaust before the tune.This car is not my daily drive so is not really an issue for now, I would not recommend larger injectors with out custom tuning.Just my 2 cents.
Rob
Old 07-02-2008, 09:20 PM   #17
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

F6 injectors are too big for what you want mate. the car will need a retune to run.If your injectors are dying get another set. When you go forced induction get the car on the dyno to see how lean the mixtures go and calculate how big injectors you want to use.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:22 PM   #18
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesAu
im interested in a way to clean them! whats best to soak em in, could you use CLR
personally i recomend not trying to clean them yourself as you can damage them if ya dont no what ya doing.. ideally you need to put them in a ultrasonic bath to clean properly...remove them yourself and then get someone with a proper machine to do them...it normally cost around $150 to $200 to get them cleaned but prices do vary so shop around... that would include new filters caps and o-rings i got mine done a month or so ago and it cost me $85 but that trade price threw work....most places would recomend that any car with over 80.000km would benifit from having them serviced.....if anyone does get theres serviced make sure you fit up a new fuel filter as well....also you can sometimes pick up new ones on ebay at good prices too....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #19
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_liss_lms10
I put f6 injectors in my xr6 vct..150rwkw.It is still running rich, until it warms up it has a flutter ( like is hitting the rev limiter) at about 3500 revs, after it is hot it is ok. The injectors have also thrown out the dte, a full tank is 390 dte, but does go to approx 600km/ tank.On a positive note, throttle response feels to have improved and with the bum o meter it feels to be pulling harder, albeit only when hot. I have yet to have it retuned, but will be interesting what the dyno will be like 1st up compared to before,I'm waiting for a custom exhaust before the tune.This car is not my daily drive so is not really an issue for now, I would not recommend larger injectors with out custom tuning.Just my 2 cents.
Rob
Dont fang your car mate until its tuned.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #20
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wiser words have never been spoken Stav, if it was my daily drive the standard injectors would have gone straight back in.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:03 AM   #21
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xp_wannabe
lol if you read everything else in yift's post apart from just the "$600" bit, what he says makes perfect sense...

you'd better get out of this section of the forum mate with your Explorer and your EL, you must be getting confused by all the AU stuff in here eh?
Sure. No worries. The fact that I've had 5 AUs and pulled them apart (just about) counts for nothing I suppose. I certainly won't be replying to any more of your posts.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:23 AM   #22
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Didn't notice this bit b4, guess I should read all of the post. Man, thats just plain rude, but more to the point ignorant. You have been on these forums for 7 odd months,made 16 posts and then have the gall to tell someone to leave the Au thread. Before you have a go at someone, first and foremost make sure you know their history, otherwise you end up looking foolish, and worse still, cope abuse and flame from other members that know better, worse even still, someday you may find yourself owning an explorer and now who's going to help you there if you need advise? Without trying to turn JC's face red or blow wind up his butt, there wouldn't be many others on this site that know more about Au's than JC. Sit back,take a deep breath and try and decide what to do next, may I suggest an Apology to JC and then one to the rest of the Au forum...for we are better than that.
Rob
Old 08-02-2008, 02:22 AM   #23
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_liss_lms10
Didn't notice this bit b4, guess I should read all of the post. Man, thats just plain rude, but more to the point ignorant. You have been on these forums for 7 odd months,made 16 posts and then have the gall to tell someone to leave the Au thread. Before you have a go at someone, first and foremost make sure you know their history, otherwise you end up looking foolish, and worse still, cope abuse and flame from other members that know better, worse even still, someday you may find yourself owning an explorer and now who's going to help you there if you need advise? Without trying to turn JC's face red or blow wind up his butt, there wouldn't be many others on this site that know more about Au's than JC. Sit back,take a deep breath and try and decide what to do next, may I suggest an Apology to JC and then one to the rest of the Au forum...for we are better than that.
Rob
Thanks for the support Rob, but the Ignore list is there for a reason - no doubt I am on a few people's, and now this "member" is on mine. Really, no apology is necessary, as I just won't see it. I am quite happy to stop posting in this forum as I don't have an AU, but those that think the differences between an AU and an EL are that great are showing their ignorance of both models. In fact the differences between an Explorer and an AU are not that great either. I would like to think that my contribution to this area (it is the one I visit most - I miss all of my AUs, sniff) helps most people most of the time, even though I don't currently own an AU.

The basic functions of each vehicle work in much the same way, and generally, what works on one, works on anything. I also have the service manuals (Haynes, gregories etc) for each of the EL (actually, I have the EF manual, but it covers everything except the dizzy in the EL), AU (I kept one back for my forum "friends") and the Explorer. Why am I posting this? No idea - perhaps to educate people who don't know me; to let them know that I do have knowledge, and I rarely "guess" at answers and I certainly try not to post spurious information. Yes, sometimes I have "fun" and some may be offended by that from time to time, but they'll get over it. I've only had a one week "holiday" from the forums in 4 years or so - that was for overstepping the mark (no pun intended) with a mod, and I deserved it - I learnt a bit of respect and humility. Still don't know why I'm typing! LOL.

kcej - While I'm at it, yes, GK has the patience of a saint; maybe I don't, but how would you know? GK and I often share info and ideas via PM and email - it is fair to say we have become friends through this forum, even though we live in different states. So the information GK shares is a mixture of what he has learnt himself, what I have learnt myself and imparted to him (and others), and what he and I (and others) have learnt together.

Most times I am reasonable in sharing information (in fact I think I give a lot more info than I get back these days, but it was quite the opposite a few years ago, when I joined the other FF, and then moved to this one). If the question is a new one, I will answer it to the best of my ability and knowledge. If it is a repeat question, I do one of 2 things - point the person to the search button, or point them to search, use the function myself and find the thread, then link it in (depends on how much time I have).

OK, my fingers are tired.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:12 AM   #24
xp_wannabe

lol i cant believe yooz took the time to write all that crap, and pm me etc...

take a chill pill, and get a life!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:13 AM   #25
GK
Walking with God

JC is correct.

Much of what I have shared with others is learnt from him and others, or discussed with him via PM. I am very grateful for those, particularly JC who have helped my knowledge of the AU grow.

I agree that there's not many who know more about AUs that post regularly here than JC. He is one of the most generous and helpful people that I know.

I am proud to call him my friend. I am glad he still posts here. We would all be poorer if he stopped doing so.

As for the person who suggested JC stop posting here, let's pardon his ignorance, as clearly he doesn't understand just how helpful and knowledgeable JC is.

I agree that he should apologise.

Thanks for the compliments to those who gave them, it's appreciated, but the purpose of this forum as I see it, is to help each other, support each other, share our common love (and frustration) of the AU and build each other's knowledge and ability to work on our vehicles. That's the Aussie way is it not?

Perhaps those that aren't committed to such things should frequent other forums instead.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10

Last edited by GK; 08-02-2008 at 11:21 AM.
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #26
GK
Walking with God

Exclamation

Quote:
lol i cant believe yooz took the time to write all that crap, and pm me etc...

take a chill pill, and get a life!
Please consider carefully what you're posting for all to see. It might come back to bite you on the toosh.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #27
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Children ... calm down a bit ... there's some good information in here ... and a few misleading comments as well.

But there is no need to tell a member of the site to get out of a forum (of which JC has extensive knowledge of).

Posts like this spoil it for everyone. For now it stays open ... but if it degrades again I'll start cleaning it out and/or closing it.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #28
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by autickfordfairmont
when cleaning the injectors what do you cean them in, just carby cleaner or buy a bottle of carby cleaner for your fuel tank and soak em in that??? Mine are playing up i think & wouldnt mind giving them a clean myself.
Just your std injector cleaner , I use and industrial solvent which is the same thing but full strength
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #29
xp_wannabe

lol lol lol it was a joke FFS!!! he said someone shouldnt write anything about jap cars in an AU forum, so i said he should get out with his explorer and el???

im sorry i didnt spend an hour researching JC and his extensive AU collection, i didnt realise it was so serious and sombre in here!

so sorry to upset everyone lol, catch yas
Old 08-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #30
JoesAu

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint
personally i recomend not trying to clean them yourself as you can damage them if ya dont no what ya doing.. ideally you need to put them in a ultrasonic bath to clean properly...remove them yourself and then get someone with a proper machine to do them...it normally cost around $150 to $200 to get them cleaned but prices do vary so shop around... that would include new filters caps and o-rings i got mine done a month or so ago and it cost me $85 but that trade price threw work....most places would recomend that any car with over 80.000km would benifit from having them serviced.....if anyone does get theres serviced make sure you fit up a new fuel filter as well....also you can sometimes pick up new ones on ebay at good prices too....
yeah i have one of the latest ultrasonic cleaners cost thousands, so just dip them in there yeah with a solution? i might take em in pending how much spare time i have. How long in the sonic cleaner?
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post