Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
stera

Default AUIII Futura Aerial

Hi all,

Just installed a new Pioneer hdunit into my AUIII Futura with the auto aerial.

Im looking to see how I can stop my aerial staying up when cds are playing as Im bound to rip off soon!

I was hoping maybe pull the fuse (if anybody knows which one it is), or is there a way to simply stop the automatic up and down and simply make it a manual aerial, as around town you dont even need the aerial up all the way.

Thanks!

stera is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your best option would be to do a search. I recall seing a "how to" in most of the previous Threads on the same topic.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

you can put a switch in that makes them half mast... Does it go down when you turn the car off?
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
BFD83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the same problem when i originally got a pioneer head unit put in..i ended up getting rid of it cauz it kept playing every mp3 cd i made i kept hearing glitches, the kenwood units are alot better for money and they have the electric aerial option of making it go down when you insert a cd.
BFD83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #5
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Try this thread, my post #17 explains how I worked around it

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ghlight=aerial

Let me know if you need further infro.

Cheers,

Adrian.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
stera

Thanks for the replys guys!

Yeah, it does go all the way down when the car is off.

I was hoping I could disable the aerial as a whole and simply pull it up manually about 5cms...

Im guessing this isnt possible?
stera is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

It's a common thing with the Pioneer's ... you get that.
Superroo did a nice little work around with 2 switches .... I haven't had a liik at Adrian's link above ... but I am betting it is the same thing.

My aerial doesn't go down now even with the car off ... it just stays up. I couldn't be bothered with it though ... I still haven't ripped it off yet.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 12:08 AM   #8
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

yeah mechan1k is right with what i did. I have a pioneer unit as well and came across the aerial up problem as well. I over came this by making my aerial fully height adjustable, by using two switches and a relay. The way i have wired it all, the aerial is brought down when the car is turned off.

The tutorial can be seen here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=95787

I'm actually about to change the switches that i used. I'm going to change them to 2 power aerial switches from an au, one for up, one for down

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 12:13 AM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I need to get off my lazy butt ... and do this ... i am sick of my aerial staying up all of the time (even with the ignition off ... but that's something else wrong with my aerial).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #10
Homes
Falcon Loving Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I need to get off my lazy butt ... and do this ... i am sick of my aerial staying up all of the time (even with the ignition off ... but that's something else wrong with my aerial).
yeah...i got the same problem with my aerial...& i'm lazy too