Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-02-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
BFYOOT

Default BAS help

gday all, hoping someone out there has a bit of experience or knowledge with BAS statements. If I employ a contractor to work for me who pays their own tax, do I still put down their payments as salary/wages etc but with zero amounts withheld (in the PAYG tax witheld section), or does it come now under some other section?? :
compared to BAS time, work is easy!!!

BFYOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Mate.... leaving it a bit late aren't we lol???

But honestly, I can't help you out with your specific question, as I just buy and sell, not employ anyone. If only your question was a GST question.......

Here is a few tips which may help you out:

Call the ATO TOMORROW, and ask for a deferrment of your paperwork, they will generally give you 2 weeks grace, as long as you call them first.

Apply for electronic BAS lodgement, they give you an extra 2 weeks to submit your BAS.

Call the ATO, and they will send out all of these GREAT "How To" booklets... they are a fantastic resource, i'm also sure you can get them online as a PDF, but they are hard to scribble over and post it note pages for future reference...

Good luck
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

PM sent...I can help ya with this one!!
Old 28-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
BFYOOT

thanks for your help, reckon that should cover it. ha ha as for the lateness, had it all sorted on the home computer last week, until the computer decided it didnt want to play anymore and s#@t itself taking my MYOB data to the other world, or wherever computers go to after they die!!! tried the ringing ATO bit, got a recorded message, "we are experiencing peak traffic, good bye"!!! thinking i may just employ an accountant soon, ill just stick to treating patients..............
thanks again by the way
BFYOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #5
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Hope I helped! I used to lodge all the BAS when it was due. It can be confusing. Make sure you fill in the W section as well as the G section or they will send you a letter!!!