Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
JP300+

Default 11.1s on 19" street tyres !!

I have run 3 x 10.8 - 10.9 sec passes and I am being encouraged to put in a cage, race fuel and slicks and try and run a mid-low 10sec pass.

The car has been running the same tune as it ran a few months ago when it got banned from WSID running a 10.88 (on straight pump fuel & MT ET Streets). This is my daily tune.

I will at some stage wind it up with some race fuel and put on some slicks and run the quarter. In the meantime I have taken the car out on its 100% street trim, pump fuel, full weight state on the 19" rims with Maxis tyres (as is as a daily driver).

The car ran a 11.18 sec pass which really surprised me. The car put it to the ground and stayed straight.

This is a testiment to the setup of the car, not just the tune and amount of power but the overall chassis and suspension setup. It is so nice to drive on the road, in and around town, freeways as well as at the track. Credit has to go to Jim and the boys at Tunehouse for such an impressive package ...

I was wondering what sort of times people have been running in such full street trim on 18, 19 or 20" rims?

Last edited by JP300+; 03-08-2008 at 12:04 PM.
JP300+ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

that is awesome !!! well done !

Is there any threads already about the work done to your car?
Old 03-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
JP300+

I've had the car since new. Purchased in mid 2003.

Here is a summary of the work done to the car over the last 5 years..

- THR Exhaust (Tunehouse custom design)
- Nizpro Plenum
- AVO Intercooler & custom piping (to be upgraded to Nizpro high flow unit)
- High flowed standard turbo
- Nizpro 770cc Injectors
- Atomic Rods
- Ross Pistons
- Whiteline adjustible swaybars
- Tein Electronically adjustible suspension
- Rebuilt 4sp auto & 3000 rpm stally
- Nizpro intank surgetank with 044 pump
- Tunehouse Signature tune
- Let's say a few sets of tyres!!

It was a development project for Tunehouse and is now a daily driver...
Old 03-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
XR6MKII

Great work thats a serious achievment on street tyres!!!! congrats
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
Paul@eliteauto
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Top stuff!

Cheers Paul
BF Typhoon 359.5rwkw 11.10@125.8 MPH Sold
FG F6 400rwkw 10.86@131MPH Sold
FG GT MK 11 Streetfighter 430 rwkw
Fords are a lifestyle _2:
Paul@eliteauto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done JP, thats excellent stuff. That is a genuine street trim time.

I also need to pat the back of quadcams, I remember somebody on the forums months ago asking about how 60ft times affect your ET/mph? Quadcams said every 0.1 60ft is 0.3 down the other end. And you've proved that to perfection.

Once again, top work.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #7
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSF6

I also need to pat the back of quadcams, I remember somebody on the forums months ago asking about how 60ft times affect your ET/mph? Quadcams said every 0.1 60ft is 0.3 down the other end. And you've proved that to perfection.

Once again, top work.
I normally work with every .1 off 60ft take a good .2 at the finish, can be a few different variables on different days and different setup as well, but normaly close to the mark.

JP, I'll say it again mate, crazy time on 100% streety's, must of been not to bad track conditions when you achieved that you would think. Still shaking my head at that 60'.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #8
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Impressive achievement John. Wouldn't think a street tyre would perform so well. You still running the factory LSD?
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 07:05 PM   #9
JP300+

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
Impressive achievement John. Wouldn't think a street tyre would perform so well. You still running the factory LSD?
Thanks mate... Yeah, standard original factory LSD and tailshaft.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #10
JP300+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
I normally work with every .1 off 60ft take a good .2 at the finish, can be a few different variables on different days and different setup as well, but normaly close to the mark.

JP, I'll say it again mate, crazy time on 100% streety's, must of been not to bad track conditions when you achieved that you would think. Still shaking my head at that 60'.
The 60 footers got better and better later into the night... The track was pretty ordinary early on. Luckily minimal dew fell down and it got a bit cooler ...
Old 04-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #11
JP300+

Quote:

Once again, top work.
Actually my theory translates whatever gain you get at the 60 foot time to 1.5 times on your ET. ie. 0.1 improvement will give you a 0.15 improvement inthe ET.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:02 PM   #12
justa6
justa6

great effort, so what sort of power. not to worry just saw your other thread.
justa6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #13
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Bravo JP. Was it busy on the night?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 11:58 PM   #14
JP300+

It was a fairly busy night. I think there was a capacity turnout of competitors. Most cars ran 4 - 5 passes.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:12 AM   #15
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Thanks mate. I might wait for summer for crowds to die down and strangley enough my car goes slower in cold weather..hehe. Get yourself a cage and do your best.Youve come so far and its stuff dreams are made of..go for it.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #16
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Well done - great work on a true DOT tyre.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #17
JP300+

Thanks guys ... I was going to try and get out there tonight and try pushing it a bit harder, but it was cancelled due to rain.

There is always next week !!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:32 AM   #18
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damn i wish the motorplex was open over winter, we're getting 2 degree minimums too...

Nice job JP, Very nice setup indeed. Just out of curiosity, have you got anything in the potential pipeline other than perhaps a cage?

It would be really good to push the envelope, might be seeing a 9second true street car. :

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2008, 08:24 AM   #19
JP300+

I have made some enquiries to Andra and a fabricator but am hesitant to spoil the car by wedging a cage in it. I am hoping to be able to put in a removable cage but have not had confirmation by an official that it will be passed.

I am very happy with the setup of the car as it is but i do have a Nizpro high flow Turbo and piping sitting in at Tunehouse whenever I get the urge to bump up the power a bit.

Brian (XR6T8U) has been working with Jim on a number of interesting upgrades to his two rockets. I might consider following his path ... I will let you guys hassle him for details.

9 secs on 19" street tyres I think might be a little scary!! I think cracking a 10sec pass in full street trim is going to be hard enough.
Old 14-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #20
JP300+

Went out for another run on the 19s last night ...

Left home after 6pm, filled up with some Vpower Racing and then got to then track at about 7pm. My brother bought me a ticket earlier.

First run was at about 8:30, heaps of stoppages. Did a good burnout, left the line on 0 psi (19" Maxxis) and then it started wheel spinning and slightly fishtailing through 1st and 2nd. I tried to drive through it but when I shifted into 3rd the car got thrown sideways a few times heading towards the wall before I gave up the run ... 12.3sec@110mph 1.85 60'. Very interesting run!!

Second run: When I was stalling it up to launch I got a phone call and got distracted. The boost built up to 2 - 3 psi before I launched and it just lit them up off the line, 1st, 2nd and 3rd was just a smoke show... 20s@93mph with a 3.4sec 60 footer. This time slip will be saved with the 35s pass that I have when I broke a CV a few years ago.

Brian ran a few 132mph runs before broke, what I think was, a CV at the line. By the time I finished my second run he was gone.

I met Leigh from ETM for the first time and saw his Orange Ute ... Very impressive setup. He will do well once he sorts out the $2 intercooler hose clamp problem! ( I had the same problem a couple weeks ago!). I think he managed to do a few 1.5x sec launches and some 1/2 track runs...

There was a nice Yellow GT with black stripes out as well. It was owned by Pat's-Missus’s'-Dad. It was his first time at the drag strip and even though he could not get it to hook up he was having some fun. Not sure how he ended up.

Overall it was another very cold but interesting night at WSID. There were a nmber of other Xrs out but I cant report on any other results as the timeboards were not working again?

It was a good break from sitting at home and watching the Olympics ...
Old 14-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #21
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP300+
Went out for another run on the 19s last night ...

Left home after 6pm, filled up with some Vpower Racing and then got to then track at about 7pm. My brother bought me a ticket earlier.

First run was at about 8:30, heaps of stoppages. Did a good burnout, left the line on 0 psi (19" Maxxis) and then it started wheel spinning and slightly fishtailing through 1st and 2nd. I tried to drive through it but when I shifted into 3rd the car got thrown sideways a few times heading towards the wall before I gave up the run ... 12.3sec@110mph 1.85 60'. Very interesting run!!

Second run: When I was stalling it up to launch I got a phone call and got distracted. The boost built up to 2 - 3 psi before I launched and it just lit them up off the line, 1st, 2nd and 3rd was just a smoke show... 20s@93mph with a 3.4sec 60 footer. This time slip will be saved with the 35s pass that I have when I broke a CV a few years ago.

Brian ran a few 132mph runs before broke, what I think was, a CV at the line. By the time I finished my second run he was gone.

I met Leigh from ETM for the first time and saw his Orange Ute ... Very impressive setup. He will do well once he sorts out the $2 intercooler hose clamp problem! ( I had the same problem a couple weeks ago!). I think he managed to do a few 1.5x sec launches and some 1/2 track runs...

There was a nice Yellow GT with black stripes out as well. It was owned by Pat's-Missus’s'-Dad. It was his first time at the drag strip and even though he could not get it to hook up he was having some fun. Not sure how he ended up.

Overall it was another very cold but interesting night at WSID. There were a nmber of other Xrs out but I cant report on any other results as the timeboards were not working again?

It was a good break from sitting at home and watching the Olympics ...
Thanks for your feedback mate.

Can't wait to get back into the action once my next round of mods are complete on the GT-P.

I think I might give the F6 a blast next week.
GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #22
JP300+

You've got the best of both worlds ... It will be interesting to see how you progress with the two cars.

I bet you will be running into the 11s in the R-Spec in no time !!

Have fun with it. I will probably go out again next week. See you there.
Old 14-08-2008, 09:54 PM   #23
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP300+
You've got the best of both worlds ... It will be interesting to see how you progress with the two cars.

I bet you will be running into the 11s in the R-Spec in no time !!

Have fun with it. I will probably go out again next week. See you there.
Unless business picks up soon, the F6 will just have to be wait. Besides the GT-P is the major focus at the moment with plenty more to be done.

Look forward to catching up next week.

Cheers, Paul.
Old 15-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #24
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP370
I think I might give the F6 a blast next week.
I too will be there next week with my mate and his BF Tornado.........Should be good.

I'm thinking about brining the helmet and run the Aurion up the track a few times.......Should be funny!
Old 16-08-2008, 12:08 AM   #25
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Quote:
I too will be there next week with my mate and his BF Tornado.........Should be good.

I'm thinking about brining the helmet and run the Aurion up the track a few times.......Should be funny!
I'll see you then.

Let's see what this Aurion can do!!
Old 23-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #26
JP300+

I've been trying to sneak in a 10 sec pass on the Maxxis 19" tyres but they are pretty stuffed. I have run a best of 11.15@125MPH on these tyres. See video of the first pass yesterday morning at WSID.

The video explains what I have been battling with ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ze7b31-D48

Oh that Charger kissing the wall in front of me was pretty interesting, as if trying to get the 1200 odd nm of torque to the ground not interesting enough.

I ran a couple high 11 sec passes and was pretty ****ed off. I got lucky and one of the guys was selling his second hand semislicks so I went and picked them up, put them on and it hooked up (even with the pressures up high) and ran a 10.96@125.5.

Check out the speedo during the burnout. I keep telling people that I an spinning the wheels up over 200kph and now I have proof. I think it hit about 220 - 230kph !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q95z7Su6Jc8
Old 24-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #27
justa6
justa6

ha ha yeah the first vid is interesting. definitely hooks up well
justa6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #28
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

10.9 on semis is a great result. What 60' did you run and what diameter and brand were they?

I have run 11.30 in my manual TS50 with 19" R888 semis but everyone tells me that the sidewalls are too stiff for a good launch which is backed up by my 60's (1.94s) and then when I switched to ET Streets the 60' dropped to 1.75s and the ET to 10.78.

That tells me that even with the old rule of thumb of 1/10th at the 60' = 2/10th at the 1/4, the car must still be wheelspinning after the 60' and losing time (there was 0.34s difference to the 330' which is an increase)

I guess what I am trying to determine how much of the "losses" the semis have are based on sidewall stiffness and how much are due to compound.

Again, great result with the semis

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #29
blueboost

the best i have seen in a 6speed auto with M/t's is 1.60 60ft, and best i have seen on r888's (6speed auto) is 1.63 60ft.
i am not comparing this to your manual, (i don'know how you done that.)

but under controlled conditions, there is not heaps in it. i beleive it is still all in the compound, both side walls are stiff like a normal tyre, they both make it very hard in a manual.
the 1.63 (R888) was at willow bank, so there might have been a touch more traction then normal, both these cars went 10.8 no loss of traction.

i am going to do some tests, with R888's, M/t's, and the Maxxis's on my car, try all diff pressures,and see the diff,
all the street tyres are good untill they break traction, and then don't seem to be able to recover.

be good to see your car on real slicks, that helps the manual heaps.
David
flying the flag in North Queensland.

Last edited by blueboost; 25-08-2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling
blueboost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2009, 11:04 PM   #30
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboost
the best i have seen in a 6speed auto with M/t's is 1.60 60ft, and best i have seen on r888's (6speed auto) is 1.63 60ft.
i am not comparing this to your manual, (i don'know how you done that.)

but under controlled conditions, there is not heaps in it. i beleive it is still all in the compound, both side walls are stiff like a normal tyre, they both make it very hard in a manual.
the 1.63 (R888) was at willow bank, so there might have been a touch more traction then normal, both these cars went 10.8 no loss of traction.

i am going to do some tests, with R888's, M/t's, and the Maxxis's on my car, try all diff pressures,and see the diff,
all the street tyres are good untill they break traction, and then don't seem to be able to recover.

be good to see your car on real slicks, that helps the manual heaps.
David
Got that right about recovery, the 888's are ok if you start to blow first halfway through (shortshift the twinscrew) but they are gooooonnnne when you breakaway second on the shift (diff bounce and another short shift = fail)

I want to go as fast as I can before I go to slicks and front runners. I know that slicks and frontrunners will need halfshafts and setup so that's $$$$.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post