Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 01:58 AM   #1
hannem

Default Best thing that you got away with

Hi all,
Just wondering what is the best thing that you gotten one over the cops with, when pulled over?

Was thinking about what my sisters boyfriend (now brother in law) did years ago.

He had an XY falcon and the indicator assembly in the steering column crapped itself and instead of fixing it properly he rigged up 2 toggle switches on the dash board directly wired to the blinkers, one toggle for the left and one for the right.

Deal was when you want to indicate left you flick the toggle on and off and the blinkers would flash.

One day gets pulled over for not indicating (too much hard work). He says he just forgot so the cops want to see the indicators working.

He jumps in and flicks on the indicator stalk while carefully flicking the toggle on and off while the cops are at the back watching.

Cops say ok and try to use them in future.

Public 1, cops 0

What have you done or bull crapped your way out of?

Cheers M

Old 04-10-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

i got away with a backyard twin throttle body manifold, pod oil filter breather, two exposed pod air filters and 4 bald tyres. Told the cop that my 'engineer' was certificating the manifold and i was looking for a welder to add a nub for the oil breather. and played dumb with the tyres...

He probly knew i was talking crap, but he was a ford fan and we ended up chatting for a good 10 minutes =)

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:36 AM   #3
fmc351
let it burn

Wait... got one over them??

Just a question, can "coppers" win? Seems to me no matter what they do, they lose in the eye of some members of the public. An officer did the NICE thing giving a warning rather than a fine, he/she also never half stripped the car on the side of the road looking for reasons to defect it, and its 1 public 0 coppers? Man I cant stand people who dont appreciate a nice gesture. "Gee Nanna, thanks for giving up your pension cheque and all to get me this gift, but this thing is crap".

I get the idea of the thread, but the tone of Public 1 Cops 0 is out of line IMO.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Laminge 1 Crap thread 0
Closed Thread