Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Good deal on focus?

I bought a focus on behalf of a friend today...

Got her a 09/08 LT Focus CL

- Auto
- Smooth Pack (15 inch alloys, cruise control, power mirrors)
- Prestige paint

Paid $20400 drive away, car is brand new.. Is this a good deal for an Auto? I only went to my normal supplier as we were in a rush to get it by tomorrow lunch...

2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
I bought a focus on behalf of a friend today...

Got her a 09/08 LT Focus CL

- Auto
- Smooth Pack (15 inch alloys, cruise control, power mirrors)
- Prestige paint

Paid $20400 drive away, car is brand new.. Is this a good deal for an Auto? I only went to my normal supplier as we were in a rush to get it by tomorrow lunch...
Got yourself a great deal there mate. I paid just over $19K brand new for prestige paint, manual with no smooth pack, so you've done extremely well for yourself (or your mate in this case!!)
Make sure he uses some of the money he saved to buy you a beer!

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJO89
Got yourself a great deal there mate. I paid just over $19K brand new for prestige paint, manual with no smooth pack, so you've done extremely well for yourself (or your mate in this case!!)
Make sure he uses some of the money he saved to buy you a beer!
In that case i think she owes me more then a beer... proof that its not what you know, but who u know.
Old 30-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
819_FLY

Yeh I paid 20,490 for mine, manual CL then the stupid paint protection on top... biggest waste of a grand plus ever.

Sounds like you got a decent deal buddy. Auto's usually cost at least 1500 extra and the smooth pack too is another grand at least, so you got a real good deal haha

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2008, 11:54 PM   #5
TITO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So how dose the auto perform?
TITO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #6
muzz

Hi,
That is a good price considering Ford are advertising the manual currently at $19990 driveaway without any options.
Do you mind if I ask how you achieved such a deal?

Cheers.
muzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITO
So how dose the auto perform?
Consumes more fuel, said to be not as smooth as they say it is during the first 10,000kms, and doesn't go as hard as the manual ;)
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #8
TITO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtremist
Consumes more fuel, said to be not as smooth as they say it is during the first 10,000kms, and doesn't go as hard as the manual ;)
Know all that, I just wanted to know whether the auto transmission problem still exist in the latest run of Focuses e.g the clunk or the crappy gear change from second into first just before coming to a full stop.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzz
Hi,
That is a good price considering Ford are advertising the manual currently at $19990 driveaway without any options.

Cheers.
Contacts and some abuse got the deal i wanted. My family have bought over 10 cars from the same dealership in the last 7 or so years, plus i supply alot of cars thru work via them..

We got it yesturday, they even chucked in a free set of geniune floor mats when we went to pick it up!! Good Service
Old 02-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #10
warren77

I am reading a book on how to be a better negotiator.
One thing it says in there if you have to ask if you got a good deal, than deep down you know you could've done better.
If you walk away happy with the price, than you have successfully completed your negotiation and do not spend time second guessing yourself.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #11
fishontherun
Starter Motor

very good deal ... I got mine a month ago at $22490 auto LT CL, metallic paint, then added about 2k for fith dimension paint protection and smooth pack. but what made me happy was they took my old VW in for a good price.
and YESSSS .. the crappy gear problem still exist !! .. will have to make several complaints otherwise won't come back for the XR5 !!!
fishontherun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #12
Blackfocus
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzz
Hi,

Cheers.
Plus they are now offering $1000 cash back if you go through Ford Credit

Woo Hoo, love that resale value :

05 SX GHIA Territory
08 Dual Cab XL Ranger
RIP 08 LT CL Focus
:
Blackfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #13
TITO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfocus
Plus they are now offering $1000 cash back if you go through Ford Credit

Woo Hoo, love that resale value :
$1000 cash back... people will actually go for that and not check 'Ford credit' interest rate and will not be told about a penalty if you want to pay out your loan sooner. So 1000 bucks sounds good but you will be giving back more.
Better to use that 1000 and fix the auto gearbox it seems to be the only way.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:54 AM   #14
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Ford Credit is a joke. Same as all car manufacturers credit offerings. Anybody that gets their cars financed through a dealership needs their head read me thinks! Interest rates and T&C's are ridiculous!!

Old 03-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #15
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

sorry rjo89, but im with ford credit....my interest rate is 2% lower than my fiance's and she is with GE.

when i looked around to source my own loan out, ford credit were by far the most competetive.

not sure where they are now though in comparison to everyone else.

as for T's and C's....every lender is somewhat a shark. theyre all there to make money and all there to protect themselves.

Last edited by AnthonyTDCi; 03-01-2009 at 09:23 AM.
AnthonyTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #16
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Yes, lower than GE, but GE is even more of a joke. Have you seen the interest rates on those cards they give you for the "interest-free" periods? Somewhere like 29% or something. Given the choice, I'd go one of the big four, which I have done, and it worked out a whole bunch better than the offer I got through Ford Credit. But having said that, if you get the right deal on a loan for decent T's & C's, it's worth looking at everything that's available..

Old 03-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #17
819_FLY

Im with GE and aren't too phased. Ill just pay the repayments fixed rate for the term of the loan couldn't ask for more.... perhaps get the car for free... hahaha.

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2009, 07:31 PM   #18
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJO89
Yes, lower than GE, but GE is even more of a joke. Have you seen the interest rates on those cards they give you for the "interest-free" periods? Somewhere like 29% or something. Given the choice, I'd go one of the big four, which I have done, and it worked out a whole bunch better than the offer I got through Ford Credit. But having said that, if you get the right deal on a loan for decent T's & C's, it's worth looking at everything that's available..
yeah i have seen the rates on those cards as i often have to sign people up with them. however my rate is about 13%...not 29%. i just pay my loan and try not to think about anything else lol
AnthonyTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #19
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Well I've gone with Esanda twice and both times 9.5% but I must say it DOES pay to shop around and check for monthly fees as well........
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #20
TITO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dose anybody want a good deal on a 03/08 white auto Zetec with around 9000klm?
Old 14-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #21
TITO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITO
Dose anybody want a good deal on a 03/08 white auto Zetec with around 9000klm?
Just as I thought.
Old 17-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #22
Blackfocus
Starter Motor

I have used the dealer credit before and found them to be the best, I bought a 04 Land Rover Discovery new and negotiated the interest rate down. Terms and Conditions were no worse than the rest

05 SX GHIA Territory
08 Dual Cab XL Ranger
RIP 08 LT CL Focus
:
Blackfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post