Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

Default This must be how adulterers feel...

That horrible, dreaded (for some) time has arrived.
That time when you guiltily sneak around behind your loved ones back in search of a younger, sexier and less wrinkled love to shower your affections on.

I'm selling my car.

I've owned it for a little under three and a half years and in that time I've spent countless hours tinkering away, more money than I care to recall and on more than one occasion gotten sunburned and severely dehydrated washing and polishing in the summer heat.

I've driven it up the coast, down the coast, hauled drums, guitars, basses amps and eskies (mostly all in one go) all over NSW to innumerable shows that i've played my any number of bands that i've been in.

My little focus hasn't skipped a beat.

Like many of us on this board, we love our cars a little more than is the norm. We don't just use a car, we cherish our cars and I can definitely say the same goes for me.

I must say a huge thank you to all the members on this board for they're help wisdom and knowledge as it has helped me with everything I've done to my car. Thank you.

But never fear. The apple never falls far from the tree.
I've ordered an eye-bleedingly orange LV XR5. Hopefully with delivery being some time in the next 4 or so weeks.

I'll still be around, as i'm sure it's only a matter of time before the modding bug gets to me again, although i have spent the last 8 months building a 1975 Chrylser Galant Hardtop so that has kept my spanner laden hands out of the engine bay of the focus for a little while.

Thank you once more. The help i've found on this forum has definitely made owning a focus so much more enjoyable.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
RJO89
EuroFordClub

I'm only sort of half sorry to hear it TJ, considering the car that you're moving to, it's definitely a move up! No doubt you'll be back on the modification wagon soon enough! Just that you'll be getting close to 300hp in the new one ;). Congrats on the buy mate, but will be sad to see it go. Just hope it goes to someone who's going to love it as much as you have.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 03:31 AM   #3
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's a nice Focus. Good luck with the sale.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a fine looking LR Focus! Sad to see it go but happy to see the LV XR5 replace it. Over the years seeing it evolve to what it is today has the dedication you put into it. Hope to see the same amount of love or even more on the XR5. Good luck with the sell and I hope to see pictures of the new car shortly

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Best wishes on your new ride. Pity we didn't get to see your LR in the flesh though. so maybe we'll see the new owner on the Forums.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

I'm always sorry hear of a car being sold. Especially when it has been so well looked after by its owner. One only hopes that its new owner will look after it just as well as you did.

However swapping it for an LV XR5 sounds pretty sweet. Did you go for the stripes?

You say in your signiture "*Coming soon* Eibach springs...maybe".
did they make it on before the sale???
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #7
zyweik

hey mate. i love it that you've been building a galant.. i used to have two gd wagons.. are you a member of the sigma-galant.com forums by any chance?

I'd love to see some pics/build up story
zyweik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #8
Tj-zetec

I am a member of sigma-galant actually. I haven't posted on there too much though, mostly trawling for info.
The week we got it rego'ed i didn't have time to get photo's, but it rained the other day so now it's dirty, HAH!.

And no i didn't get the stripes. mostly because I want the air-hostess orange with a sunroof, two options that negate the stripes option.
That and i think they're a little over the top (woo, unintentional pun!) and i've also heard some guys say they've got a habit of coming off. And if they do, you'll never buff the marks out.

oh, and no the eibach's didn't end up in it. I've been scrimping and saving every cent i could over the last 18 months so i decided against it.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Old 18-01-2009, 12:41 AM   #9
Tj-zetec

I just test drove a white with blue stripes LV today. Jesus H Macy it went!.

BTW there's some new photos up in my ad post if anyones interested in a sticky beak.