Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
low au classic
EA FALCONED

Default Annoying rattles and noises

wasnt sure if there was already a thread on this couldnt find one so here goes
NAME YOUR ANNOYING RATTELS AND HOW YOU FIXED IT

miner are
-the center dash round the top and cd player (top clip broken out needs some glue or somthing )
-wiggley auto gear stick (one of fords great added features)
-something under the electric seat that ticks every time i hit a bump (unsure)
-exhaust hitting the rear bar (really annoying just to lazy to do anythink)
- seat belt clip rattels (were series 1 bolts different to the series 2-3 by any chance)
-really weird whining noise from the rear left wheel (i think its from when i hit a gutter sideways hard and bent axel replaced it twice noise is still there really bad just after breaking and going slow)

think thats bout it just makes it a pain to drive with all these noises going on
so whats yours and how did you fix it
thanks guys still love my au and all its habbits

SVO wheels 16x7 & 16x8
SVO MOMO steering wheel
SVO rear spoiler
SVO dash cluster
SVO RECARO trim
SVO headers
SVO grille
Sounds good pity it hasn’t ran in 3 years
low au classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Problem: Very louds clanging noise from the rear left wheel when going over light bumps.
Fix: Replaced the rear shock mount which is stuffed.
Problem: Fairly quite clanging noise from rear left wheel when going over light bumps.
Fix: Will let you know.
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Driver side inside door "panel" (skin?). Think there's a clip missing to hold the panel around the central locking mechanism area. Bloody annoying. Not fixed yet. I'm worried if I pull the other side off to check what's missing that I might then have the problem in stereo...

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Problem:
Whinging and scared passengers...

Solution:
Duct Tape...
Old 07-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #5
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good lord, got another one....

Well, the rear right wheel still has the slightly louder clanging noise over light bumps which im guessing is probably stuffed lower control arm bushes.

Now after getting the car back on the road, done alot of driving today to use up what fuel was left in the tank and refill with fresh stuff, later on in the afternoon ive noticed a squeek in the rear left wheel, it speeds up and slow downs with the speed of the car, the slower you go the louder it is.

Since its squeak.. squeak... squeak im guessing its not the bearings as afaik that would make a constant noise, cant be tyres as there practically brand new, and has only started today, any suggestions?

I thought it may have been because of all the driving, rotors have warmed up and expanded and may now be coming in contact with the handbreak. But i did a few low speed pulls on the handbreak forward and in reverse as ive heard it usually helps with handbreak squeals, didnt really work, thought it sounded a little quieter but im not too sure, but dunno if its that as my handbreak doesnt work too good as it needs adjusting.

Im gunna jack the car up tomorow morning and have a look around to see if i can see anything..

Any suggestion would be very grateful, im just about fed up with this car after finding out its a repairable write off, i fix one thing then another problems decides to pop up!
Cars got 149000 k's on it so i guess i should expect wear and tear..
Please help!
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #6
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my annoying noises

squeak from the left side back wheel, only when over bumps etc
rattling cat, fixed the heat shield on it,

havent fixed yet

my auto tbar is rattling and squeaking any one no what this would be caused by

drivers side panal rattles as well,

dash or centre console also squeaks a litlle, thses things are really annoying
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

fix is always more music
Old 17-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #8
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sick of the rattles in the air-con vents in the centre console

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #9
shazaam

my steering wheel sometimes makes a creaking sound at low speed when I turn, for example when i slow right down and turn into my driveway. can't hear the creaking outside the car, only inside coming from the steering wheel/shaft. is there a way to lube it or something?
shazaam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post