Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-03-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 
Default Robertson Bros Newcastle - engine reconditioners

anyone have any info regarding these guys? They started my engine build and now i have the cash to finish it i cant get hold of them :(

i tried calling them and it saying their number is disconnected and the missus drove past their shop today and she said it looks abandoned so does anyone know anything??? have they shut up shop? have they moved??

cheers

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well that sucks, do they still have your block?

Very likely they have gone out of business/moved, similar thing happened to a mate of mine when he was getting his torana resprayed at a local crash shop. He came home from work one night and found his car half painted sitting in his driveway with the keys in it! Never seen the paint shop owner since.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

That, it is fair to say, is shocking customer service. I am personally glad you have posted this here, as we all know not to deal with these people. the very least they could have done is TELL YOU they are shutting up shop. If your engine block is still in their possession and they have moved and taken it, it might as well be theft. i might be jumping the gun, but by the sounds of it, they have ripped you off. ZA 289 your torana story is also pretty terrible. no company can expect return customers or good word of mouth from a mob who does a thing like that.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_460bigblock
anyone have any info regarding these guys? They started my engine build and now i have the cash to finish it i cant get hold of them :(

i tried calling them and it saying their number is disconnected and the missus drove past their shop today and she said it looks abandoned so does anyone know anything??? have they shut up shop? have they moved??

cheers
Best of luck! They've been around for a while. Doesn't sound good. Get onto Fair Trading & MTA ASAP.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

NO NO NO.... sorry maybe im mis understood here.

they started the engine build but when funds ran out i went and grabbed everything back from them after fixing them up for the work they DID do, so i have everything back here safe and sound.

I tried calling them today to find out how much will cost me now to finish the big girl off and yeh....cant get hold of them and telstra saying the number is disconnected and when the missus drove past today she said the building looked deserted.... i hope they havent gone out of business cause i found them EXCELLENT to deal with!

Sorry about any confusion from my 1st post.... certainly wasnt implying they did anything wrong, they in fact did the opposite and couldnt do enough for me when they had the motor, just wish my funds didnt run out at the time:(

Anyway back on topic..... anyone have any info as to whats happened to them?? id still like them to finish my engine if they still in business

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
Old 23-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #6
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah, fair enough then. At least you have your donk, hope you find them. If not maybe people could suggest other good engine reconditioners in the area.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #7
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Boy is my face red. Hope you contact them mate.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #8
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWXR6
Boy is my face red. Hope you contact them mate.
Nothing like jumping the gun huh

Previously:
2009 Ford Focus - "The Bubble Car"
2002 Ford Futura Wagon - "The Big White Wagon"
1996 Ford Falcon - "Ophelia"
1975 Jaguar XJ6 - "The Beast"
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #9
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

its all good if i cant get hold of them, as much as id like to as they are local and i really dont trust any other engine builder in the area so im looking at differnt builders now to finish the job.... one is my mate glenn from horse power world down albury/wodonga (not so local) or maybe talking to trick & mansweto (again still not so local) but where else is a man to go?? 3rd option is i get everything balanced and build it myself but its been a long time since ive built a motor.... hmmm decisions decisions

Old 24-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #10
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

give Geoff Nichols a ring at singleton, he does all of our machine work and his quaility is second to none. He's done alot of performance and speedway stuff

number is 65 724607

Blue Power Racing Developments
(03) 93053000
Ray Prescott Auto
(02) 49902488
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #11
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

thanks everyone for your help and info.

as coincidence would have it my mate glenn from horse power world called this arvo and we got talking... looks like im going to be spending a little more coin hehe.... looking at new heads and some other goodies.... keep your eye out for a build thread soon.

thanks again for everyones help, have kept all the details for another time. cheers