Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default ford focus help please

OK I have pretty much bough and paid for a focus xr5 turbo, and looking at the 2011 model year one looming, what should I do hold off for the new model and if so how long will the wait be, just buy the car I have currently ordered and don't care about the new one, march into dealership who told me that there are no significant changes for 2010 (this one might be rolling here in late 2010) I don't know what to do, I don't want my new focus to look old hat because of the new shape in a matter of months, please guys tell me what you would do?

some pics for those that don't know what I am talking about below

old or current 09 model xr5

new model in 4 door hatchback configuration

advice please please please used:

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
BrisVegas
Noobie

I'd stick with the current one. The warbly inline-5 cylinder will be dropped, presumably for an ecoboost 4 cyl, in the new model. That is reason enough to buy the current XR5.

The XR5 replacement may not be released straight away when the new Focus shape is released either, so who knows how long you will have to wait for it....
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas
I'd stick with the current one. The warbly inline-5 cylinder will be dropped, presumably for an ecoboost 4 cyl, in the new model. That is reason enough to buy the current XR5.

The XR5 replacement may not be released straight away when the new Focus shape is released either, so who knows how long you will have to wait for it....
....agreed... stick to the LV XR5
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
XXXR
Too Blue

Default Keep Your Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas
and we don't even have a timeline on the new fiesta xr4; so it's likely there would be a wait. oh...and those triangular intakes?? Stick with the current one!
XXXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

three replies all saying get the 09 plate that is pretty conclusive, and I wasn't aware they were shelving the duratec 5 cyl they been using, afaik its a really good motor isn't it?

thank you guys for settling my jitters, it is a fair whack of money still don't want to make a purchasing error I will stick to the course and get the 09 plate dealer has told me 2 weeks maximum before I have it : :

Old 13-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
BrisVegas
Noobie

As I already said, I'd grab a good deal now on an LV XR5 ($34,990 driveaway I saw on tv) and then in 2012 or so look at trading on the new one (XR4? ecoboost) if that floats your boat. If not, then hang onto the XR5 as the last of the inlline-5's.

I think a similar thing will happen to the Falcon XR6T if/when they switch to the ecoboost 3.5, ie. plenty will snap up the last of the inline-6 engined Falcs.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey mate, get the 09, you'll be absolutely wrapped!!

Headover to http://www.fordxr5turbo.com as well and introduce yourself, great site with tonnes of knowledge about the xr5 and great people too!
Old 13-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #8
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

just don't talk about banana's.

(in joke)

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #9
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bananas? what the heck? whats wrong with bananas?

Old 14-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #10
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They have an appetite for the recaro seats, so keep them off and you'll be sweet
Old 14-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #11
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see....

I am getting the leather, and my kids will dirty the interior faster than anything else, including bananas, this leads me to a question - is the interior difficult to keep clean? my falcon which also has leather has some quirks (perforated leather) so you can get white dots of leather cleaner/conditioner in the perforations and that makes it look very crap for starters focus have that too?

Old 14-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #12
rand0mn00b

the optional leather on the Zetec is perforated, can't confirm the XR5 though
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post