Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-08-2007, 02:24 AM   #1
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default bicycle hoons!

http://www.baysideleader.com.au/arti..._sbv_news.html

I don't think this is enough. they should confiscate your shoes for J-walking in my opinion.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They should confiscate their lycra and crush it into a cube, leaving it on their front doorstep.

In all seriousness this country's laws are going to crap - laws allowing government to confiscate peoples property (e.g. cars, bicycles ect.) are forever increasing. What next - you have your house confiscated if you commit more serious crimes? - where does it end? We are becoming more like the countries that we are trying to turn towards free democracies.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I'm all for this one, it's about time they treat cyclists the same as motorists and it is definately time they did something to combat those bloody Hell Ride idiots. Just in case you non Mexicans don't know there is a group of cyclists who deliberately ride dangerously, running red lights, speeding, intentionally blocking traffic and even killing some poor old man who was crossing the road at a set of traffic lights with the right of way.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
XR8Master

I can see where this is headed....Bike licenses with $500 fines and a demerit point system eg: caught doing a mono on a pushie - 6 demerit points and $500
XR8Master is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8Master
I can see where this is headed....Bike licenses with $500 fines and a demerit point system eg: caught doing a mono on a pushie - 6 demerit points and $500
I wouldn't have a problem with that. They are a vehicle that is alowed to use the roads and have the same privilages as a car so why not make cyclists get licenses. Maybe just a written test or something simple. Imagine dinking the tester around on the practical test lol.

Paying registration might be going a bit far though.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 11:44 AM   #6
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
They should confiscate their lycra and crush it into a cube, leaving it on their front doorstep.
hehhee classic!
Old 15-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Anyone suggesting fines and demerit points for a Push bike needs to go and get a head check.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #8
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Jerremy Clarkson’s highway code on cyclists:

'trespassers in the motorcars domain, they do not pay road tax and therefore have no right to be on the road, some of them even believe they are going fast enough to not
be an obstruction. Run them down to prove them wrong'

Before anyone goes of, its a joke.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #9
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME

'trespassers in the motorcars domain, they do not pay road tax and therefore have no right to be on the road, some of them even believe they are going fast enough to not

It may be a joke but it is still good sound advice
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #10
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME

While i agree that Cyclists on the Road is a pain in the @$$, i think back to how much fun i had on my bike for all those years when i was a kid and to think that poping a mono or doing a skid would lose you your bike for 48hours is just stupid, what happened to kids having fun?

Geez if this came in when my brother and i would ride around we would have got done for Street Racing on more than one occation :
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 04:53 PM   #11
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think there should be some way of tracking idiot cyclists. Maybe free but compulsory rego. I know quite a few people who have had thier car damaged or themselves run over by cyclists doing the wrong thing, only for the culprit to just ride away and leaving them with the damage/injury bill.

$400 fine for killing someone after breaking the law......geez and cycling groups still think they have it bad!?!? What if it were a car? The driver would be jailed! this is exactly why clycling advocates just p*ss me off!
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #12
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

haha .. ever heard of "catch me if you can" :P

damn the knee jerk laws, i'll still pop mono's if i had my pushie.. and do brakies and doughies(ok maybe not doughies)

next... they'll bring in hoon laws for electric chair scooter thingys? i always see old grandma and grandpa taking off fast and doin burnouts!!
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 05:22 PM   #13
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha i can see it now - chassis numbers for the pushie, road worthys, pink slips, why hasnt the government cashed in all ready? its ok, just joking peoples

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 05:26 PM   #14
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

god damn you BMX Bandits!!!!

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 06:28 PM   #15
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

that hell ride case was pure BS!
Having said that, If i lived in town or when i move to melbourne, i would ride a pushy to work (only during warmer months of course, hehe)...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post