Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Bombala out of petrol over xmas

http://www.bombalatimes.com.au/news/...a/2045691.aspx

FOR the second time in as many months, Bombala has been affected by a major fuel shortage. This time there were far greater consequences as locals and visitors were unable to obtain fuel for four days between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.

...and Castrol, the major supplier for the town...says it's not their fault. yeah right.
it was like the 1970s shortages, queuing up along the street to get petrol....

Old 12-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
arlester

Mostly the article talks about what other people in the town think.

Am I reading correctly that the owner of the petrol station rang caltex on the 24th and said she'd had enough and that was it she was closing the servo? In which case Caltex would have had no pre warning and had to set up really fast to open again within a week.

Was this servo always a Caltex or did it change over during this period?
arlester is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
jaskel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

say gday to Cherry for me down there will ya.... geez the line up must have been atleast 4 cars...lol big turnout ;)
jaskel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlester
Am I reading correctly that the owner of the petrol station rang caltex on the 24th and said she'd had enough and that was it she was closing the servo?
it wasn't a servo, but the distribution hub for caltex that was closed on the 24th. they have a supply agreement for all four petrol stations in town.