Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
Ibrox90
Banned

Default Bullying - Schools and societies attitudes.

After seeing this on the net.

A must watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RZIcTxNJZg

I can't help but feel that, the instigator got what he deserved. You can tell that this wasn't a one on one as the little kids mates are jeering in the back round.

Now after snooping around i found that both boys were suspended aswell as the camera man.

Now I would expect a school to react in this way. But I can't help but feel that only the instigator should have received punishment. As punishing the victim only deters him from defending himself and theres nothing wrong with videoing an event and in a way i get the feeling that had he not videoed it only the victim would have been punished, given the lack of physical injury to the kid.

It's things like this that I think schools need to have a look at. When I arrived here from Scotland (16 years old) on my first day at school I was threatened (normally the quiet calm guy) I knew i had to rise to the challenge and smash the kid or I would have been picked on all year.

Are there any school teachers out there that can maybe shed some light on what schools can and cant do in these situations???

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Ibrox90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bullying - Schools and societies attitudes.

big guy should have kicked the crap out of the little smart a## while he was down.

hopefully the big guy gets left alone while he is at school now
Old 16-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep got what he deserved. I couldn't believe that he slammed him that hard though, it was definitely good ownage :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's nothing wrong with defending yourself and the little guy was a total **** but one metre to the side and that little kid's brains would be all over the furniture.

The cameraman....scumbag....set up to display this bullying behaviour and to glorify it on the net...suspend them too as well as all the spectators who stood by and watched it happen

YOu reckon the kid got what he deserved? Neither kid got what he deserved, all the kids involved didn't get what they deserved. The onlooker group is an example of the pack mentality that is a growing trend in capital cities. They were egging richard on as he hammered the big boy who didn't even have his hands up.

Schools need to take a tough stand on bullying and make a statement that is is not acceptable in school. Violence is not the answer. When the little guy recovers his punishment should be more rigorous than the boy who was hit repeatedly first but the big fellow needs to be punished too.

The crowd that watched and the thousands that have said they like that it happened are the worry. Human beings are supposed to be a higher species than the animals . The people who don't make a stand stand for nothing.
Legit290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

he did well... and that little smartmouthed jerk got what he was asking for..

i like this little joke on f/b though

"Apparently Casey is gonna be the bouncer at Jess Coopers party.." funny how both things have happened over the past two weeks :roll
Old 16-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good on him good to see somebody stick up for themselves..that little **** will go crying to anybody that'll listen now, unfortunately for him his actions are on film hopefully he gets no sympathy at all because he doesn't deserve it.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #7
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Casey was suspended for four days, Richard got 22. The instigator did get more punishment, because violence isn't the answer, Casey got punished as well. He is very lucky that he didn't cause more damage to the little kid. In my honest opinion, Richard got everything he deserved, but it would appear Casey may have been watching too many wrestling videos...

edit...I do like the girl who steps in at the end though...smart cookie...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez

Last edited by SEZ213; 16-03-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: missed a bit...
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #8
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

I just hope that little bugger has learnt a lesson and that was the last time tries to start a fight or bullies a kid. Im still surpirsed he got up so quick, that slam was massive!

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #9
dannyxm
was danny888

Was great to see, that little weed got what he deserved. Seeing the big unit simply walk off was even funnier.

Bout time society stops looking deeply into things, act like a punk, get belted. Lesson learned.

It saddens me however that they were a pack of weeds surrounding this poor kid.

Aparantly the big unit's parents are keeping him from the media, good idea.
Old 16-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #10
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

The big kid watches WWE I reckon, good on him.

Does anyone know how it all started. The video I saw only showed the hitting, not the lead up to it.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny351
Was great to see, that little weed got what he deserved. Seeing him simply walk off was even funnier.

Bout time society stops looking deeply into things, act like a punk, get belted. Lesson learned.

Aparantly the big units parents are keeping him from the media, good idea.
Yep..need to stop wrapping kids in cotton wool..kids are too soft these days..thats why they go around fighting in gangs, because they can't fight for themselves
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #12
Ibrox90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny351
Was great to see, that little weed got what he deserved. Seeing him simply walk off was even funnier.

Aparantly the big units parents are keeping him from the media, good idea.
That's what it was like growing up in Scotland and i think Australia needs it to be honest. My theory is that those who act like a punk and dont get belted, are the knobs you see out on Friday and Saturday night starting fights.

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Old 16-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #13
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That kid was lucky he didn't have his neck snapped. The slam was impressive. You can see how much force he used. I guess all those years of abuse redirected through that bloke and the concrete. Slammed him hard. Maybe the boy and others might learn a lesson. But I feel, this will not be the last we will hear of this.

Why do kids bully? Must be the buzz they get from putting someone misery.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #14
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky
big guy should have kicked the crap out of the little smart a## while he was down.

hopefully the big guy gets left alone while he is at school now
It's a very weak move to kick someone while they're down, unless they're actually trying to kill you or something.

But defensive actions against this little idiot were excellent.
Notice how mature that kid is, he could've easily kicked the crap out of that idiot while he was on the ground but he begun to walk off, only turning around out of instinct cause that other idiot probably would've shoved him.

I'm just out of school, (Finished year 12 in 2010) and I only experienced a little bit of bullying in year 8 from this complete idiot. All it took was me taking my mobile to the coordinator and showing him this abusive text message from the guy and he never did anything to me again, it was easily a perfect example of how to deal with cyber bullying/ bullying in general. Also as OP stated, you have to assert yourself to gain a mutual respect, Primary/ Secondary school is really primal now. I must come off as strong or Alpha or something because I have never been physically threatened, even though I am a calm, relaxed guy.

Oh well, in summary, glad to see some victim comeback!
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #15
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was at school, they decided to suspend anyone who gets caught recording a fight on their phone. I knew someone there who got suspended for a week, which seemed pretty unfair because as far as I know they were probably just trying gather evidence to show to a teacher.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #16
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrox90
After seeing this on the net.

A must watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RZIcTxNJZg

I can't help but feel that, the instigator got what he deserved. You can tell that this wasn't a one on one as the little kids mates are jeering in the back round.

Now after snooping around i found that both boys were suspended aswell as the camera man.

Now I would expect a school to react in this way. But I can't help but feel that only the instigator should have received punishment. As punishing the victim only deters him from defending himself and theres nothing wrong with videoing an event and in a way i get the feeling that had he not videoed it only the victim would have been punished, given the lack of physical injury to the kid.

It's things like this that I think schools need to have a look at. When I arrived here from Scotland (16 years old) on my first day at school I was threatened (normally the quiet calm guy) I knew i had to rise to the challenge and smash the kid or I would have been picked on all year.

Are there any school teachers out there that can maybe shed some light on what schools can and cant do in these situations???
I can't say it was the right answer but what is apparent is the larger boy has had enough , I am guessing a long period of the little snot pushing and pushing with this as a result , I suspect the little snot wll be getting a couple of mouth smacks over the next few years as he deserves some retribution and doesn't strike me as very smart although he didn't didn't get his brains spread on the concrete much to my surprise .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #17
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Good on him!

Having been bullied during year 7 i know how frustrating it can be when teachers turn a blind eye as they CBF stopping someone besides "Warnings" due to the offender coming for questionable cicumstances at home..

I took on my bully on the football field, he ate mud, took hip and shoulders and some of the hardest tackles i have ever made until he lashed out after being pounded (Clean i will add..) all game long, needless to say come the next monday he was off my back and then trying to become my friend WTF .

Yes what the bigger guy did was somewhat extreme but it may be the only way he knows how to fight back, it obviously wasn't the first time considering the "Hero of the day" decided to bring his camera crew along to relive the action later, shame he didn't break his leg clean in two.

I have no time for little ****** like this, if more victoms of bullying would only stand up for themselves sooner they would realise they are not as powerless as they thought.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #18
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkey117
but the big fellow needs to be punished too.
you cant be serious? why punish him for defending himself?

its the whole 'just walk away' mentality that causes so much of this rubbish. as stated by others, he showed remarkable restraint by not finishing him off.

he should be held up as an example of what to do, not what not to do.

and seriously, how stupid is the little guy? picking a fight with a much bigger opponent and not being prepared for any fightback?
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #19
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
you cant be serious? why punish him for defending himself?

its the whole 'just walk away' mentality that causes so much of this rubbish. as stated by others, he showed remarkable restraint by not finishing him off.

he should be held up as an example of what to do, not what not to do.

and seriously, how stupid is the little guy? picking a fight with a much bigger opponent and not being prepared for any fightback?
I was essentially in the same situation at school as the big guy (yeah I was fat at school haha), and got bullied quite a lot by a younger person on the bus. Eventually, I had enough and ended up doing a similiar thing. The bus driver turned a blind eye to what I had done. One day I bumped into the bus driver at the local woolies (with mother by my side) and he told her what happened and said he supported what I did. He knew that the kid was a trouble maker. I was never picked on again.
Old 16-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #20
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As for the clip of the big guy slamming the bully down to the concrete floor. If the small kid who starts punching the big guy was a renown bully at his school, he got what he deserved. If the small boy wasn't a renown bully and was just egged on by other students, then they should have been slammed to the ground also.
Old 16-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #21
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I always told my little brother and sister if they were getting picked on at school to first tell a teacher. If that didn't work, they were to do what ever they needed to do to defend themselves. My sister was pinned to the ground by a girl double her size and was having her head punched. No one stepped in to help, so my sister got a punch in and got her in the throat. No one has ever picked on her since. Bullying is something no one should ever have to accept, and if those who are meant to protect you from this sort of thing won't help you then you should be able to protect yourself how ever you can.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #22
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Good on the big kid for standing up for himself, what I think was BS is how the kid got in trouble for defending himself, happens all the time at the school I went to, someone would start a fight, the other kid defends and then they both end up suspended, this whole walk away crap lets the bully win.

Going to the teacher does nothing, slap on the wrist, don't do it again blah blah blah.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #23
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think its so poor on the schools behalf for suspending the kid that was getting picked on... if they arent careful they will open them up for legal action inregards to allowing bullying. i thought the best bit was at the end when the bully was crying like a baby
Old 16-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #24
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so WWE does teach kids something?
Old 16-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #25
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

It's always the quiet ones that snap.

When I first saw the clip a couple of days ago I though for sure that kids leg would have been broken.

Major ownage.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #26
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They guy didn't react straight away either, seems to me he gave the **** plenty of time to back down.

I've done that a few times before then a final last warning and they they got slammed. You can't be fairer than that.

Luckily for me I was bigger built than most, and those who were bigger were my mates or generally on good terms with me so barely anyone tried it on.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #27
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I had this kid deck me and kick me a few times on the floor, then the teacher comes up and yells at me like I was the perp, I didn't even defend myself either.

On another time he pushed me into the wall and I punched his head, he backed off quickly then and didn't come near me ever again.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #28
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you see a better quality version of that clip, the other kid seen approaching the big kid after he slammed the small kid down seems to be on the small kid's side, because he says "fat c***" to him, so he was being ganged up on. Notice how he just walked away? So he was using the "just walk away" method - He used physical self-defence when been physically assaulted but just walked away from the other idiot as he was being heckled by him.
Old 16-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #29
Zero_PSI
Banned

Haha. That kid got what he desserved
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #30
Ibrox90
Banned

My parents EXACT words growing up were "if someone hits you , hit them back ten times as hard"

We get a few bully victims through the Jiu Jitsu club that have new bruises every night, good to see them learning some solid Self defence and chokes. the Bullied kids love the headlock escapes.

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end