Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
nzstuart

Default AU III Pursuit Towbar - Help Needed

Got myself a genuine Ford Pursuit Towbar... Looks like a heavy duty job and mounts up to subframe with 5 Bolts on each side so its pretty secure issue I have is there are tabs along the tob of the towbar that looks like they should bold into something buts theres nothing sustancial to bolt to...Probably the same setup as on a std AU or BA ute..photos below are looking up towards the back of the vechicle.

Can someone help

Last edited by nzstuart; 04-08-2011 at 07:45 PM.
nzstuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 
Default Re: AU III Pursuit Towbar - Help Needed

The brackets get bolted to angle which have holes on both sides, then bolts go in vertically into the frame.

I can see the holes just above the 2 hole bracket, but there should also be holes above the single hole brackets.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
nzstuart

I think the angle is whats missing...I assume it bolts to the frame and the towbar bolts to it...
Old 04-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzstuart
I think the angle is whats missing...I assume it bolts to the frame and the towbar bolts to it...
Yerp... It's just 1" x 1/4" angle, with a few holes.
Could whip it up in a few minutes.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

ill take a photo of my pursuit tomorrow if sox explaination isnt enough
Old 05-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #6
nzstuart

Yep a photo would be helpful...also if anyones interested I'm getting a replacement body kit panel made up that will go arround the towbar...didn't want to cut up original
Old 05-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #7
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Yep a photo would be helpful...also if anyones interested I'm getting a replacement body kit panel made up that will go arround the towbar...didn't want to cut up original
What is it going to be made of? Any idea of cost?

One of the body kit guys here was going to use my original part to make a cast for fibreglass one but I never got around to dropping it off due to distance from me. He said there was fairly regular enquiry about availability for these. I believe the factory panel is very expensive to buy (over $500?) so don't cut the original to fit around the bar. I just left mine off but it looks pretty ordinary
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
Sox
RIP...

Here ya go.......

Old 05-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #9
nzstuart

I'm getting the replacement panel made up in fibreglass...will allow for the towbar and also the trailer plug which on mine is along side.Its not just being cut out it will be nicly finshed est cost is $180.00 NZD which would be about 140 AUD + freight... I'll post up photos when completed in a couple of weeks
Old 06-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #10
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
I'm getting the replacement panel made up in fibreglass...will allow for the towbar and also the trailer plug which on mine is along side.Its not just being cut out it will be nicly finshed est cost is $180.00 NZD which would be about 140 AUD + freight... I'll post up photos when completed in a couple of weeks
OK thanks. Will be interesting to see how they do the holes for the retaining plugs
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

OWN THE ROAD
Old 12-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #11
fitzy666
Starter Motor

Hi all just ring fibre sports they have them in stock i think like $100 bucks i think i could be wrong (but i did buy shitloads of stuff ) i will post some pics of mine i bought a original pursuit bar from ebay it was damaged a little i payed $75 bucks and reparied it
talk soon
Fitzy
fitzy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #12
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks I ordered one yesterday. Will advise on how it fits up after I cut it for the towbar

OWN THE ROAD