Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Default Do you work/want to work in Transport/Warehousing?

Just thought I'd let people know about this government funded course that I've just enrolled in...it may help you. For the record, I am going to Burwood. It'd be great to have some AFF members there with me.

I've been rejected from a number of job interviews because of my lack of a forklift license. This has just saved me some pennies, and I've got a pair of boots, a Cert III and some other cool stuff out of it for free. It might help you too.

http://warehousetraining.com.au/

Quote:
Open up to a Better Future...

Warehouse Training Australia are offering a Government Funded training course...Certificate III in Transport and Logistics (Warehousing and Storage)

On completion of this accredited course you get:

A Nationally Recognised Qualification incorporating units in OH&S, Fatigue Management, Leadership and many more
A FREE Forklift Licence
100% Australian Made Safety Boots
A High Visibility Safety Vest
PLUS we TEACH YOU the EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS you need to GET THE JOB YOU WANT!

To be eligible for a Government funded place you must be...

An Australian citizen or Permanent resident

a Holder of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa

a Holder of a Special Category Visa (sub-class 444, New Zealand Citizen)

a East Timorese Asylum Seeker

OR

a The holder of a Temporary Protection Visa

A victim of Human Trafficking

An Asylum Seeker

AND one of the following

Aged 19 years or under

Aged 20 and over and seeking a HIGHER qualification

PLEASE NOTE: Individuals accessing training under the Victorian Training Guarantee will be eligible to:

Commence a maximum of two government subsidised courses within the current year
Undertake training in no more than two government funded courses at any one time

PLUS…we offer FREE forklift licencing on completion of your course…. CLICK HERE to see if you qualify for a GOVERNMENT FUNDED place

This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding
Call 1300 769 989 NOW to see if you are eligible for a Government Funded place

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Do you work/want to work in Transport/Warehousing?

do they have a branch in perth?
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Not sure mate, I'd assume so, I think its a national initiative. Give 'em a call and ask, the lady was very nice.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

I done certificate III in Transport and Logistics (Warehousing and Storage) a few years ago and it was government funded. In fact at the time I done it everyone got a $1000 bonus for attending the course.

When I done it you got your forklift license and the choice to get your MR or HR truck license as well for free. I was on a suspended license at the time so I couldnt get the truck license and to say I was annoyed was an understatement. Wish I could do the license now.

The course took 2 weeks and full time from 8am-4.30pm. Id highly recommend doing it

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Safety boots and a hi vis vest!?!?!?!? WOW Where do I sign!!!

Seriously tho free forklift licence would be good, free truck licence even better!
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post