Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
LuciferDarklord

Default 'Farting' brake pedal

I think my brake booster diaphragm may have a leak in it. Sometimes under light braking the brake pedal 'farts' - it kinda vibrates. I've let the car sit for a while with the engine off and I still get 2-3 full pumps of the pedal before the vacuum assist runs out so the check valve must be working. Can the diaphragm leak in such a way as that it only leaks sometimes? I just recently fiixed my inlet manifold gasket and made a huge difference to the idle stability but its getting a bit rough again, almost like its got a warmer cam profile.

Old 14-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Default Re: 'Farting' brake pedal

Leaking diaphrams in a brake booster can cause this problem you describe.

Either that, or stop having baked beans and eggs

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post