Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Nichol

Default Park Pilot / Parking Sensors Malfunction

So this morning when I turned my car on, I got an error message on my dash saying "park pilot malfunction, service needed". At first I thought that my car was just playing up, but turns out it was being serious - my parking sensors are not working at all. If I push the "sensor button or even the auto park pilot" buttons, they just flash then turn off. So I'm literally without any sensors right now. Not the biggest deal though, considering I still have the brains to park properly (lol), but it's just a pain.
I don't know how this malfunction happened. Car stays garaged at all times. I've booked my car in to get looked at, so hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Will let you know how it all goes.

Old 15-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
mutanti
Turbo

Default Re: Park Pilot / Parking Sensors Malfunction

Check the Bumper Sensors front and back - Ensure they are clean.. Might just need a simple Wash hopefully.
mutanti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
Nichol

I've gone around and cleaned all of them, even gave the car a quick hose down, and they still don't seem to work. I've booked it in to get looked at on Wednesday morning. Hopefully the issue isn't something too serious.
Just really weird that it happened out of the blue. I'll definitely be asking the service team why the sensors stopped working, just in case anybody else has the same the issue.
Old 26-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
Nichol

All fixed now. One of the sensors was being faulty, so it caused none of them to work. I actually thought that if one was faulty/damaged, then they'd all still work except for that one.
But they replaced the sensor anyway - which was still covered under warranty.