Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Airport security-please tell me this is a joke

On Monday this week I flew to Brisbane for work as I do every few months.I went to the Jet Star security checkpoint and,as I do every trip,put my backpack on the conveyor and then put my 2 phones,deodorant,wallet and coins in the blue tray and started to walk through.
I was then stopped by the security officer and told to take my phones and wallet out of the tray and to put them inside my backpack for screening.
I thought I had misheard him so I queried his instructions and he repeated them.He wanted me to put the phones and wallet INSIDE the backpack before it went through.I told him what I thought of his ridiculous instruction and he agreed with me.
I flew up with Qantas and wasn't required to do this and I asked a friend who regularly flies Virgin out of Brisbane and he has never been asked to do it either.What possible reason is there for such an absurd practice or is it just yet another Queensland rule dreamt up by someone with nothing better to do that makes no sense in the real world?

Old 27-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Default Re: Airport security-please tell me this is a joke

Probably a rookie, but does it really bother you that much?
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
2 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

I'm sick of being screened every week but we have to live with it, just yesterday my shoes apparently set of the beeper they had never set it off before but oh well lets x-ray them for the hell of it.. ya get a bit sick of the stares just quietly when you cause the conveyor to stop ...
Old 27-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your avatar says it all

take a chill pill.
You will find that airport security will change things around just to unsettle us, the baddies are looking for the weak link and if they see a pattern forming they could try and manipullate that, so security keeps one step infront of itself, that way not even they know whats happening.
Old 27-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

agreed.

10 seconds of inconvenience vs. the alternative.
Old 27-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
XR6Runner
Sling Shot

You should have been there when I asked a pilot to take his belt off (big rm williams buckle). Im happy im not in that work place anymore hehe.
Old 27-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It doesn't really bother me,I was just interested to see if anyone else had experienced it or knew the reasoning behind it as everyone I have mentioned it to thinks I'm joking.
I asked the bloke at the time and even he couldn't tell me why.
Old 27-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
zilo
BANNED

To the OP...you flew Jetstar...worst airline in Australia.

Last time I went through all that crap and then to top it all off the little wannabee at the end of the security line wanted to test me for explosives...

He got all excited when I spoke loudly about what a waste it would be to blow up such a low value target as a Jetstar flight.

I mean really...do we need all this American paranoia in Australia?

Especially since every leader who was in the coalition of the gullible oil stealing coalition got convincingly thrown out of office...especially Howard, Blair and Bush?
Old 27-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #9
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

Last time I went through all that crap and then to top it all off the little wannabee at the end of the security line wanted to test me for explosives...

He got all excited when I spoke loudly about what a waste it would be to blow up such a low value target as a Jetstar flight.

Especially since every leader who was in the coalition of the gullible oil stealing coalition got convincingly thrown out of office...especially Howard, Blair and Bush?
yes we do with increasing numbers of illegals entering the country who can't be properly screened because of document destruction we need to be on guard . the biggest mistake we can make is to think it can't happen to us

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 27-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #10
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
What's the point of making their life miserable just because you feel inconvenienced.

It's only 30 seconds of your life, just have a chat with them while they do it and then you're on your way.
Old 27-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I wore my steel capped boots on a cruise around NZ, big mistake.

Every time getting on/off the ship, go through the metal dector, goes off its head, step back, go through again, goes off its head, step back out, get patted down, gone over with the wand and let out.

Getting back on, same thing.

EVERY DAMN TIME.
Old 27-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
superyob
Banned

Quote:

Howard survived 1 or 2 more elections after the invasion of Iraq (if that is what you are referring to) and Bush served his 2 terms and could not run again.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #13
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
yes we do with increasing numbers of illegals entering the country who can't be properly screened because of document destruction we need to be on guard . the biggest mistake we can make is to think it can't happen to us
Are we being overrun by terrorists?

I'll just go and find that Howard terrorism fridge magnet I threw away.

Reminds me of a famous quote.

"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength." - George Orwell
This user likes this post:
Old 27-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #14
nstg8a

I went through security after my knee surgery, that was humorous, except standing there without my crutches got old real quick.
Old 27-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #15
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

A simple question ends up with responses like this ^^^ From airport security to John Howard being a terrorist!!!! The conspiracy radar has gone berserk!

........ give ME strength.

I think the consensus is yes, it it wierd

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread