Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
Willy
Starter Motor

Default Au falcon II coughs and splutters on take off intermittently.

He iv had this issue for a while my au falcon coughs and splutters on take off and has no power for about 5 to 10 seconds. It doesn't do it all the time and seems like turning off the aircon off helps. I have changed plugs, leads, coil pack, fuel pump and fuel filter.

The car is starting to get dangerous. I have spoken to mechanics and the all say replace plugs leads and coil. It's starting to be really frustrating

If any one has any advice or a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Willy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 
Default Re: Au falcon II coughs and splutters on take off intermittently.

Some more info would be good mate:
Engine? Trans? Petrol? Gas? How much fuel is in the tank at the time? Does it do it more when it's hot or cold? Does it happen more when you've been idling for a long or short period of time? Does the incline make a difference? Does how hard you take off make a difference?

I'm gonna guess it's gonna be 6-cyl/auto/petrol and you've got some problem not too far from your fuel rail (rusted rail, leaking injector, pinhole leak in a line) or somesuch.
Old 18-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
Willy
Starter Motor

Default Re: Au falcon II coughs and splutters on take off intermittently.

It's a Vct petrol auto It doesn't matter if it's hot or cold. An incline does make a difference. I can start it first thing in the morning and it does it other mornings it runs fine.
As the fuel rail is the only area I would agree, but where do I start.
Willy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post