Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
Spurious

Default people are so negative, but why?

I'm going to comment on a trend that never seems to waiver. People are so damn negative & they don't seem to realize the effect is has on those they refer to.

Time & time again I see it, here on FF, on Facebook, on YouTube & many other forums. People are so quick to jump on another's guts without thought to personal feelings or relevancy. I doubt people would be so vocal if the person they were slagging off were in the same room, in fact, I'm damn positive they wouldn't.
I'm sure there's a few who will reply to this post too & call me an "internet newby" or "first world problem whinger" or something....tempting isn't it!

Just in the last couple of days someone suggested that I put fruit in my butt hole after I posted a joke here on FF, I mean seriously, you have nothing better to do with your mind.

A week ago I deleted someones comment that was left on one of my youtube videos as they were trying to advertise a gardening machine.
Then the guy deliberately spent the next couple of days trolling through almost all of my uploads just to leave disgusting & derogatory comments on as many as he could...before I blocked him anyhow.

Then this morning I read a post on facebook from one of my cousins friends. One of their friends is having mental health issues & sought help but then another individual left sick comments on the post.
Then I hear a woman in the U.S who had cancer started copping s__t on FB because her husband put up a paypal link on his youtube channel & sought donations to aid in her treatment.

So people, next time you contemplate leaving a feral comment on someones post, consider this, how would you feel if someone said the exact same thing to your elderly parents or your young child, certainly wouldn't be so humorous then would it.

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK....or type in this case.

I have thick skin but christ people, the "negative" & "pointless" gets old ya' know!

Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #2
Spurious

Default Re: people are so negative, but why?

Lets see how long this post stays up, I speak the truth & would be good for people to read it. Sick of the negativity.
Old 23-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
sbcb
BA Xr8

Gotta get in quick!! - jeez mate why are so you negative!
My Ford List - AU1 Futura, AU1 Cobra XR8, EB Gli Project Car, AU2 XR8 200kw, AU1 Fairmont Ghia VCT, AU1 V8 Tickford Fairmont Ghia, BF Xr6 6spd ZF, BA MkII XR8, AU3 Fairmont, SX Territory, AU3 Xr8 220kw, BA Xr8.
sbcb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcb View Post
Gotta get in quick!! - jeez mate why are so you negative!
That was so predictable! I'm done.
Old 23-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #5
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

It's a trend of todays society mate. Doesn't bother me to be honest, i only surround myself with positive people. On FB i only have people that are close to me and that is just to keep in contact mainly for when im overseas with work.

If you surround yourself with negative and depressed people you will become a victim of it, it has been proven in studies time and time again. Enjoy life, there are many out there that can't
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2014, 06:28 PM   #6
HULK_I6T
Banned

People need to put things into perspective..

Lets be honest, we staunchly debate topics on here but there is no ill feeling towards anyone. Id share a beer with anyone on here, its ok to have a difference of opinion, dont mean you gotta hate em.

I find discussing things on the net fun, sometimes your right, sometimes your wrong but its just a friendly discussion.. Put it into perspective.

Its light entertainment for the most of us, negative or positive, just relax and have some fun. At the end of the day we are all rowing the same way.
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2014, 07:17 PM   #7
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People so Negative? Maybe ask those on this forum when the mention of a VF Commodore pops up!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 02:35 AM   #8
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Most people can find a cloud in every silver lining. It brings me down. You try to be positive and yet there is always this doom and gloom.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 10:01 AM   #9
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Being negative is easy, it is just doing the old Irish thing of taking the opposite view for the sake of the argument. What people seem incapable of is defending their view with a cogent argument.

Now, doing the hard thing and being positive and backing it up with reasons is much harder.

Politics is the perfect example (but I can't be bothered explaining why).

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #10
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think Facebook/twitter etc attract negative people in general, normal people are out doing positive things.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #11
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR View Post
I think Facebook/twitter etc attract negative people in general, normal people are out doing positive things.
Facebook/twitter people are always negative, their not happy unless you have naked selfies to calm them down.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 10:55 AM   #12
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

The end of Ford Aus manufacturing isn't exactly helping. For many people (certainly not all as Fords product base is pretty damn good these days) Ford is Falcon. And GT. And FPV. And all that history is about to go terminal. I'm certainly one thats scratching my head on what I'd buy next as I'm some years out......

Duaned I think thats overstating any role VF has its just one issue of almost anything, the frustration is in the knowledge there is nothing on the horizon for us.....our swansong will be watered down and we are DONE. Holden are just lucky enough to fire a solid parting shot.

VF attracts no more haters than any new model, those threads will always attract the more aggressive posters as it just isn't fordandholdenforums.com.au. VE was bloody good in its day too, same result.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #13
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe they're simply just jerks. Worlds full of em...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 10:40 PM   #14
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
I'm going to comment on a trend that never seems to waiver. People are so damn negative & they don't seem to realize the effect is has on those they refer to.

Time & time again I see it, here on FF, on Facebook, on YouTube & many other forums. People are so quick to jump on another's guts without thought to personal feelings or relevancy. I doubt people would be so vocal if the person they were slagging off were in the same room, in fact, I'm damn positive they wouldn't.
I'm sure there's a few who will reply to this post too & call me an "internet newby" or "first world problem whinger" or something....tempting isn't it!

Just in the last couple of days someone suggested that I put fruit in my butt hole after I posted a joke here on FF, I mean seriously, you have nothing better to do with your mind.

A week ago I deleted someones comment that was left on one of my youtube videos as they were trying to advertise a gardening machine.
Then the guy deliberately spent the next couple of days trolling through almost all of my uploads just to leave disgusting & derogatory comments on as many as he could...before I blocked him anyhow.

Then this morning I read a post on facebook from one of my cousins friends. One of their friends is having mental health issues & sought help but then another individual left sick comments on the post.
Then I hear a woman in the U.S who had cancer started copping s__t on FB because her husband put up a paypal link on his youtube channel & sought donations to aid in her treatment.

So people, next time you contemplate leaving a feral comment on someones post, consider this, how would you feel if someone said the exact same thing to your elderly parents or your young child, certainly wouldn't be so humorous then would it.

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK....or type in this case.

I have thick skin but christ people, the "negative" & "pointless" gets old ya' know!

well , nearly 100%of our world is full of insane souls that have been sent here forever on EARTH ( A PRISON PLANET) life cannot be destructed therefore long ago RUINED ROTTEN people were sent here for eternity having their whole memory wiped , and doomed to live over and over and over again with no time to develop and conquer anything accept our common character of insanity and bad will .
DONT BELIEVE ME !!!!
WATCH THIS AND YOU WILL GET YOUR ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTION .
AND THE WORST PART IS . ( IT'S PLAUSABLE AND EXPLAINS OUR JELOUSY , NEGATIVITY AND HARASSING NATURE )

WATCH THIS 1ST . THEN WATCH CHAPTER 1 AND SO ON . HE HE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl1Ii...eature=related
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #15
zilo
BANNED

Gotta laugh at this thread.

I mean seriously....facebook...youtube...forum opinions?

Who gives a damn about internet opinions in real life and the number of "likes"?

Maybe try engaging real people instead of anonymous cyber egos and hiding behind a smartphone at the lights?
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2014, 01:01 AM   #16
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Gotta laugh at this thread.

I mean seriously....facebook...youtube...forum opinions?

Who gives a damn about internet opinions in real life and the number of "likes"?

Maybe try engaging real people instead of anonymous cyber egos and hiding behind a smartphone at the lights?
Zilo.

You tend to take a negative approach yourself but this forum is full of selfless helpful examples of people acting decently in a community.

Why don't you step up and contribute rather than just bag?

You are taking the approach you criticise.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
3 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2014, 07:09 AM   #17
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy View Post
Zilo.

You tend to take a negative approach yourself but this forum is full of selfless helpful examples of people acting decently in a community.

Why don't you step up and contribute rather than just bag?

You are taking the approach you criticise.
LOL...my comments are tongue in cheek mate..

pretty hard to not be tagged negative in this thread btw.

But my point is that cyber communities aren't the real world and getting upset about it is a waste of time.

Just look away from the computer screen and that's reality, not some illuminated pixels on a fluorescent display...
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #18
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

getting involved in social media as it is currently is asking for trouble imho

regardless of supposed 'privacy' settings you're putting yourself and your life on display to the world. That's asking for problems, a loss of privacy and the likelihood you'll be attacked or offended by others.

would you plaster your contact details and photos all over your car and then drive around in it yelling out your opinion through a megaphone?

why do some people think everybody wants to see and hear everything about them?
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2014, 09:41 AM   #19
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
LOL...my comments are tongue in cheek mate..

pretty hard to not be tagged negative in this thread btw.

But my point is that cyber communities aren't the real world and getting upset about it is a waste of time.

Just look away from the computer screen and that's reality, not some illuminated pixels on a fluorescent display...
Aaaah, there needs to be a tongue-in-cheek emoticon then.

Old 25-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #20
FormulaFG
Lurking......
Donating Member1

When I was 16 someone once said to me:

"80% of people are friggin' morons. Don't try and change them, your just wasting your time."

Years later I've realized he was wrong. Its probably closer to 90%.
FormulaFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #21
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing has changed people have always been negative, it just the internet. Forums, Facebook, tweeter, etc have given people a way to communicate their feelings.

Also people can be anonymous and push their opinions onto people.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #22
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFG View Post
Years later I've realized he was wrong. Its probably closer to 90%.
Sooo, are you part of the 90% or the other 10%
Old 25-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #23
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

I'm in Fiji at the moment and have met some amazing locals ( not the Indians, but that's another story) Spending time with these people, you don't need Facebook, The Internet etc, they are so so positive, warm and friendly, they have blown me away as human beings. They have little but are so happy and it rubs off on you............
6 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2014, 06:28 PM   #24
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
I'm in Fiji at the moment and have met some amazing locals ( not the Indians, but that's another story) Spending time with these people, you don't need Facebook, The Internet etc, they are so so positive, warm and friendly, they have blown me away as human beings. They have little but are so happy and it rubs off on you............
if you get a chance, have a look at the cleaners ( those not in public relations jobs and see if they are smiling and whistling ) !!!! LOL
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #25
FormulaFG
Lurking......
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Sooo, are you part of the 90% or the other 10%
Depends on who you ask
FormulaFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #26
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv View Post
if you get a chance, have a look at the cleaners ( those not in public relations jobs and see if they are smiling and whistling ) !!!! LOL
The Lady's that do the rooms, amazing, The guys cleaning the fairways on the golf course, amazing..............
2 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #27
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
I have found that my indigenous Australian friends share the same attitude, it really is humbling and gives you a new perspective on acquiring happiness.
Old 26-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #28
V8 6I

Newspapers have always sold in negativity,because they sells better in doom and gloom rather than happy stories.So most in cyber space do the same.
V8 6I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #29
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #30
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Arrggghh, I Hate people who hate....(in my best Grouchy Smurf voice)
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post