Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post Toyota has revealed a new-look LandCruiser ahead of its local debut in October.

"Toyota has revealed a new-look LandCruiser ahead of its local debut in October.

The rugged machine benefits from new safety technology, upgraded engines and revised styling inside and out.

Toyota's facelift includes bluff new styling that brings it into line with SUVs such as the Kluger and Fortuner. A hexagonal grille, set-back headlamps and heavily sculpted bonnet will make the car unmistakable off the beaten track.
The model's popular twin-turbo diesel V8 has come in for changes that lift power by 5kW to 200kW and reduce fuel economy to 9.5L/100km, though its peak torque remains unchanged at 650Nm.

The 4.6-litre V8 petrol engine alternative retains its 227kW and 439Nm outputs, tough Toyota says its fuel economy will be sharpened by the time the car arrives in Australia.

Both motors drive all four wheels through six-speed automatic transmissions.

A revised cabin includes new padding on touch points, along with regrouped controls, additional storage, and a larger 9.0-inch display screen for high grades that also features a new instrument cluster home to a 4.2-inch TFT driver display.

Available with seating for five, seven or eight passengers, the new LandCruiser is crowned by a top-end Sahara version that now includes a front radar and front camera with forward collision warning and autonomous emergency braking capabilities along with active cruise control and automatic high beams.

The latest LandCruiser 200 Series is one of four rough and ready machines set to bolster Toyota's position at the top of the sales charts this year.
Advertisement

The iconic off-roader will join upgraded versions of the Prado four-wheel-drive and HiLux ute as well as the brand's new Fortuner SUV in showrooms before the end of the year.

Toyota will confirm full pricing and specifications for the LandCruiser closer to its launch date.'"
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/t...17-gj1a2t.html

Last edited by csv8; 26-08-2015 at 09:37 AM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Toyota has revealed a new-look LandCruiser ahead of its local debut in October.

New Land Cruiser

Last edited by csv8; 26-08-2015 at 09:37 AM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2015, 07:11 PM   #3
GTMOND

Default Re: Toyota has revealed a new-look LandCruiser ahead of its local debut in October.

Hmm didn't think they could make the 200 any uglier. Not my cuppa tea, big hippo *** thing.
They start to look ok with decent wheels ect on them.
GTMOND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Coming soon to a playground near you......
Old 21-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #5
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

That front looks very Everest
Old 21-08-2015, 09:34 PM   #6
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Still looks like a brick to me
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-08-2015, 09:35 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Mimickry is the best form of Flattery
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2015, 10:19 PM   #8
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Looks good with Power to boot.
Where do I sign up
2 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2015, 10:54 PM   #9
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At Specsavers....
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2015, 11:00 PM   #10
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm waiting to see if Hulk can get one of these to both ends of the 400m in under 5.5 seconds!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2015, 11:21 PM   #11
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i like it , petrol V8 for me tanks !
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2015, 07:50 AM   #12
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
If you can live with the looks and like petrol V8 - VK56VD Patrol might be worth a look .
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2015, 08:23 AM   #13
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

POS they are, overpriced and have the same interior plastic as a $10k car
Old 22-08-2015, 09:09 AM   #14
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicksy View Post
Toyota sells lost of them with a huge profit on each. As for being a POS, they handle most things thrown at them, soccer mums, urban warrior, 4x4, grey nomads and UN Peace Keeping. My old 105 series is going strong 17 years old, my new Sahara runs rings around the old cruiser using less than half the fuel with three times the performance. If only Ford could come up with something with the longevity and versatility...
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2015, 09:14 AM   #15
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That is why no one is buying them ?
200 series sold 9000 units last year which is not too bad when Falcon sells 6300 .
2 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2015, 10:16 AM   #16
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not a POS, maybe a bit over priced, they have a plain interior with hardly any features in the lower models, but the owners seam to love them.

As for the soccer mum quote above, you hardly see any soccer mums in 200's. Most who are going to spend that money will opt for a Euro.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #17
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Just curious... why?

As I was reading the article I was thinking to myself "Who would want the petrol?"

27kw more but 211Nm less, and probably uses twice the fuel too.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2015, 01:00 PM   #18
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoDog68 View Post
If you can live with the looks and like petrol V8 - VK56VD Patrol might be worth a look .
Thanks SumoDog68 , i just had a look at one on the tube, they look like a good unit, and i owned an early patrol , so i would not be surprised if it was a good unit, that being said i like both the toyo and patrol and the way they build them.
this is the one i looked at Edit: 2013/2014 model, does not show much about the V8 , but it still looks a nice unit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr6zhzASSlk

Last edited by mik; 22-08-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Old 22-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #19
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Just curious... why?

As I was reading the article I was thinking to myself "Who would want the petrol?"

i have become a bit partial to the toyota V8, i dont know if the latest ones are as good as the old 1uzfe motors , but i think they would still be a good donk, and i like grunt as much as the next bloke , but i like the smoothness of the petrol v8 , and it would be enough power for me.
Old 22-08-2015, 01:52 PM   #20
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Having owned petrol and diesel Cruisers of old, I think I prefer petrol as well. Caveat being I wouldn't rack up high kms on it. Cheaper servicing into older age? And they are nice and smooth, nice to rev and smooth on sand with auto.

Edit: the 4.6 unit is a Lexus one, anyone know the differences with the older 4.7?
Old 22-08-2015, 09:19 PM   #21
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pox car, mostly driven by wan&ers
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2015, 09:28 PM   #22
HULK_I6T
Banned

Beautiful cars. Best 4x4 full stop.

Toyota really know how to make great cars. I was always a ford man but im starting to see toyota as the best
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2015, 09:30 PM   #23
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
Pox car, mostly driven by wan&ers
Missed your calling Mr Smith...
You shoulda been a Motoring Journalist !!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2015, 09:31 PM   #24
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
Beautiful cars. Toyota really know how to make great cars.
And maybe you shoulda ALSO been a motoring journalist, Hulk?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2015, 09:45 PM   #25
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

i drive the inlaws one and its just awful inside,you can hardly see the reverse camera, tacky interior, uncomfortable seats, handles crap, but i admit they are built great and are very capable,
Old 22-08-2015, 10:14 PM   #26
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Just curious... why?

I considered a 200 and I consider petrol. I prefer the way petrol drives over diesel. I figured out since the diesel was so much more expensive to buy I would have to own it for something like 150,000kms before I broke even on the diesel purchase price.
Having said that I was pretty unimpressed with the way the petrol 200 drove. 4 cylinder Prados would be quicker off the line.
This was a 2008 model. They have more power and torque these days.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2015, 11:49 PM   #27
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Diesel is $3k extra
Old 22-08-2015, 11:49 PM   #28
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Having owned petrol and diesel Cruisers of old, I think I prefer petrol as well. Caveat being I wouldn't rack up high kms on it. Cheaper servicing into older age? And they are nice and smooth, nice to rev and smooth on sand with auto.

Edit: the 4.6 unit is a Lexus one, anyone know the differences with the older 4.7?
Im not sure Sprintey what is the relationship between the older motors and the newer ones, but i would imagine it would be the near cousin derived from the early lexus motors which where pretty nice bit of gear, im a bit surprised they dont run the 5.7 litre motor in the cruiser now, but i still like the little v8 too.

I`ll see what i can find out.
Old 23-08-2015, 07:46 AM   #29
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post

Lexus is Toyotas premium brand . Some engines are used in Lexus only and in their cases same engines in different state of tune and technology are shared in many different models .
Older 4.7 v8 in landcruiser 100 and 200 series was from UZ family of engines ( some of the best engines ever made) . Toyota next series of V8 engine is UR series that is produced in 4.6 , 5.0 and 5,7 l . 4.6 is used in current 200 series and 5.7 in LX570 . There are number of variations with direct injection and without and are used in Lexus sedans and large pickups and SUV in Middle East and U.S. Interestingly One UR engine gets G ( performance ) series heads ( ISF engine ) . UR engines are alloy block and heads with dual vvti ( 4.7 UZ was iron block ) . Basically new 4.6 is more powerful with better fuel economy .
3 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2015, 08:54 AM   #30
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
Beautiful cars. Best 4x4 full stop.

Toyota really know how to make great cars. I was always a ford man but im starting to see toyota as the best
Toyota only have the aura of reliability on their side.
Their drivetrain technology is atleast a decade behind on most of their cars.
In terms of handling and ride their cars are sub par too.
For example the new Kluger still doesnt drive as nice as the 12yo Territory.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post