Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-09-2015, 08:44 AM   #1
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Most stolen Cars in Australia

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...tolen/2791530/
That is so "stralian" to pinch a commy or foulcan..........
Old 30-09-2015, 10:43 AM   #2
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Most stolen Cars in Australia

I wonder how the more modern cars are stolen? Like even a BA has decent security, making theft without a key difficult right?
Is it car jackings? or are they stealing the keys?
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2015, 06:38 PM   #3
XG_Falcon

I think the fact that stolen cars are often used in crime has something to do with it. If you want a quick getaway from a servo robbery, you would take a moderately fast car which is also common. That way you can run, then slip into obscurity. Holden Commodores are proven to win that game, Falcons do well too.
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #4
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
I wonder how the more modern cars are stolen? Like even a BA has decent security, making theft without a key difficult right?
Is it car jackings? or are they stealing the keys?
I'm in Cairns Qld and my line of work means that I have a fair bit to do with the issue of stolen cars locally. I can state that probably 99% of the cars stolen in this area are due to the keys being stolen, which is mostly via burglary offences.

Our local crooks all claim to be gun car thieves but in reality they wouldn't know the first thing about hot wiring a vehicle or defeating a security system.

Of interest is the fact that in most cases of burglaries they commit to steal car keys they simply walk in through unlocked doors and grab your keys, wallet and phone.

They also steal the keys to the second vehicle but will leave it there and take the better/newer car. They then either return at some point and take the second car or will on-sell the keys to other crooks and then pass on the address for pick-up. The going rate locally is 50 bucks for a set of keys and vehicle address.

Most of the stolen cars are recovered but they are usually crashed or damaged from jumping gutters and so on. Usually cigarette burns in the seats and trim as well as graffiti. Our typical thief is aged between about 12 and 18 so as you can imagine in most cases their driving skills aren't particularly good.

I can also assure you that they simply do not care about the hardship their actions cause. Not even a little bit!

Russ.
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post