Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #1
petergrigg

Default Falcon FG owners taking legal action against Ford.

Falcon FG, FG MK II, and maybe current FGX owners. The pages of this forum are full of new car owners who have found that the warranty on their new Falcons is virtually non existent . I personally have experienced 2 occasions where Ford, Titan Ford in Melville Western Australia, have said yes there is a fault, leave it with us, can't tell you exactly how long for and at the end of the day we can't even guarantee that Ford will cover the repair. They don't provide a courtesy car, so you have no transport for who knows how long. So on both occasions I have taken the car back and put up with the problems, which were , bad axle tramp when the back wheels were spinning and believe me in a XR 6 Turbo is very easy in the wet, and a diff whine between 75 kph and 105 kph. The whine would go completely at about 110 kph. If enough of us get together we can have a go at Ford to recover some of the money spent rectifying faults that are covered by warranty. If there are enough positive replies I will get the ball rolling.
Peter Grigg.
petergrigg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2015, 02:55 PM   #2
petergrigg

Default Re: Falcon FG owners taking legal action against Ford.

Oh as an addition to my previous post the pulley has just fallen off the water pump on my XR 6 Turbo. What next.
Peter Grigg.
petergrigg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Good luck mate I wish you the best of luck but this is not limited to Ford. Just have a look at the guy singing the song on YouTube about the lemon jeep. Than there's heaps of people on facebook with the Holden Craptiva. This is the auto industry and its wide spread. Not sure why your getting axle tramp with traction control as it should not spin excessively, diff whine is common and if it's still in warranty they may just wait and see if it gets worse. More likely they will wait until warranty is nearly out than replace it so when it happens again it's well out of warranty. Otherwise they can end up replacing the diff several times. Your not alone.
Old 22-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #4
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergrigg View Post
Oh as an addition to my previous post the pulley has just fallen off the water pump on my XR 6 Turbo. What next.
Peter Grigg.
What year and how many kms has it done.
Old 22-11-2015, 03:07 PM   #5
tweeked
N/A all the way

If you think bad axle tramp with wheels spinning in the wet is a warranty issue then good luck getting any one at all to sigh on with you.

Needs to be renamed "I cant drive and blame Ford" thread.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #6
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes that thought crossed my mind too, usually axle tramp and wheel spin is easily countered by common sense aproach to throttle control.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2015, 03:39 PM   #7
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Peter Grigg.
Photo required, or it didn't happen
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-11-2015, 03:40 PM   #8
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS View Post
Photo required, or it didn't happen
Came off after he had removed it to try to fill the water pump with water.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2015, 03:52 PM   #9
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Peter has been singing the same "let's sue Ford" song since 2013.

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11407879

You won't get anywhere with this. Ford don't need to give you a courtesy car, they will laugh off your axle tramp complaints and any other problems you've had they will claim they either repaired or they were not a defect in the workmanship or manufacture of the part (ie, "they're all like that"). It's time to leave this alone. Spend the money you set aside for suing them on better tyres, or better yet, stop thrashing it in the rain.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2015, 04:15 PM   #10
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Axle tramp, the bane of modern Commodore owners.

My first VE Clubsport would shake the proverbial out of you on a hard take-off and another two of my VE’s including a Ute weren’t any better.

Strangely though my current Ute displays very little hop if any at all.

I have a particularly good relationship with my Dealership and was well aware it was a common problem along with the LSD slipping on the left hand side but because none of it really presented itself unless you were being harsh with the car Holden weren’t interested in rectifying it.

The Dealer gave me some advice and I took the cars to a suspension shop and paid for it from my own pockets to reduce the problem.

Good luck as I believe inherent faults like this should be fixed as well but as they work fine under what would be considered normal driving conditions I don’t like your chances.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2015, 04:29 PM   #11
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
yes that thought crossed my mind too, usually axle tramp and wheel spin is easily countered by common sense aproach to throttle control.
Agreed, my Nana never complains about it.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2015, 06:04 PM   #12
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Axle tramp spinning in wet is vendor problem?? ***** me I thought I'd read 'em all but this really takes the cake.
sprintman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2015, 06:05 PM   #13
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

In my own personal experience I've found the dealer to be the problem, not Ford. In fact Ford went out of their way to help solve the issue I was having. Couldn't have been more helpful. The problem was the dealer couldn't even understand their own warranty commitments. That had to be drilled into them by Ford and the sister dealership.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2015, 07:35 PM   #14
chookaradley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Axle tramp in a 270kw turbocharged ute with a billycart leaf sprung rear end?. Everyone sue!!!
chookaradley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2015, 10:25 PM   #15
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

This sounds awfully like a lawyer wrote this. No offence, but it does. Kinda like those annoying Internet ad's that say something like, "has your business been adversely affected by you taking out a business loan? If so contact us and we will fight for your rights..." I hate them especially when I'm reading about the F1 or WEC etc.

Anyway, why Peter Grigg, if you are so incensed and there are so MANY of "The pages of this forum are full of new car owners who have found that the warranty on their new Falcons is virtually non existent" that between the 2 separate threads you began (thanks Adrenaline), you have effectively only made an initial post and nothing else? No responses to questions and criticisms or anything? Not even an update on the vast amount of people contacting you joining your quest?

Also, just to be sure I wasn't misunderstanding your situation, I looked for all the other threads you have written asking for help in rectifying your car issues, to find that either
1) you have bought 2 separate XR6T's with the exact same issues a 2011 model as mentioned on the 07-11-2013, 03:50 AM which you mentioned a few times specifically. And then a 2012 model since you mentioned it on the 20-12-2013, 12:42 AM which I can only assume you still have. Which begs the question, Why did you buy two if you were so angry with the first one... OR
2) You have the same problem with the same car which sucks, I get it, but why then have you not been like a dog with a bone on this issue? If it really has been such a struggle and frustration, why haven't you taken it to another dealer for warranty? Asked everywhere on AFF as often as possible to find a fix or help or anything... 5-6 posts (not threads) just doesn't sound like your trying hard enough. Or sold it and bought something else? Personally I sold off a EL that was great until I was stupid enough to put on a cheap LPG system a year after buying the lpg system. I struggled with it for a while until I found the only real option was to remove the existing system (that should have been covered by warranty and wasn't), and replace with something of higher quality and cost; or sell the car. Yes, you are talking about a more expensive loss. But I can't help but feel that it's not that much a frustration to you judging entirely on your AFF posting history. If that's really the case, I'd be really nervous joining you on a lawsuit against the Ford Motor Company.

My advice... buy yourself a Toyota Aurion, less likely to get rear axle tramp, and apparently a little birdy wrote that they easily do 5sec 0 - 100kmh.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2015, 10:44 PM   #16
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Falcon FG, FG MK II, and maybe current FGX owners. The pages of this forum are full of new car owners who have found that the warranty on their new Falcons is virtually non existent . I personally have experienced 2 occasions where Ford, Titan Ford in Melville Western Australia, have said yes there is a fault, leave it with us, can't tell you exactly how long for and at the end of the day we can't even guarantee that Ford will cover the repair. They don't provide a courtesy car, so you have no transport for who knows how long. So on both occasions I have taken the car back and put up with the problems, which were , bad axle tramp when the back wheels were spinning and believe me in a XR 6 Turbo is very easy in the wet, and a diff whine between 75 kph and 105 kph. The whine would go completely at about 110 kph. If enough of us get together we can have a go at Ford to recover some of the money spent rectifying faults that are covered by warranty. If there are enough positive replies I will get the ball rolling.
Peter Grigg.
Good luck. According to Ford "It's all within spec mate".

If anyone wants to destroy their Ford I know some great places we can derby them!

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2015, 11:22 PM   #17
AUS GRUNT

I'm not on anyone's side here, but coming from an little 1.5l 4cyl to an manual fg xr6t(sedan)...the first time i experienced axle tramp when i gave it a descent squirt for the first time, i didn't know what to think but it sounded like the rear end was about to drop out from underneath...i'm too afraid of giving it a good squirt nowadays, but if i do its in-gear acceleration at speed. I can also confirm that the standard 'plastic' water pump pulley fell off/melted off the metal boss on the pump shaft chewing the belt up etc...so i upgraded all plastic pulleys except the power steering (didn't have that pulley in the kit), haven't had a problem since...otherwise its a great car.
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2015, 11:52 PM   #18
V8 Ghia Mike
Blue blooded Ford guy!

Traction control set to ON greatly reduces axle tramp on my G6ET.

94 EF Fairmont Ghia 5.0- XR8 in a tuxedo...
Bordeaux purple, Tickford kit, 2.5+ inch drop, EL Ghia chrome, leather, Pioneer sound, C&C, electric everything, 18" BA XR8's, ABS, LSD, GT40P's, Crane cam, ChipTorque ECU, XR8 snorkel, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights.
V8 Ghia Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2015, 12:36 AM   #19
Trump
bitch lasagne

NOT THIS CRAP AGAIN!!!

Get over it.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2015, 12:43 AM   #20
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

stop driving it so hard and there will be no problem!!!
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2015, 09:57 AM   #21
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I turned the traction control off and now my car wheel spins, I want my money back!!
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2015, 10:29 AM   #22
qdda5

So im guessing no legal action taking place?��������
qdda5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2015, 10:35 AM   #23
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You'd have more luck trying to claim over the milkshaking ZF gearbox
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #24
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
Axle tramp, the bane of modern Commodore owners.

My first VE Clubsport would shake the proverbial out of you on a hard take-off and another two of my VE’s including a Ute weren’t any better.

Strangely though my current Ute displays very little hop if any at all.

I have a particularly good relationship with my Dealership and was well aware it was a common problem along with the LSD slipping on the left hand side but because none of it really presented itself unless you were being harsh with the car Holden weren’t interested in rectifying it.

The Dealer gave me some advice and I took the cars to a suspension shop and paid for it from my own pockets to reduce the problem.

Good luck as I believe inherent faults like this should be fixed as well but as they work fine under what would be considered normal driving conditions I don’t like your chances.
Axle tramp can be due to geometry but the VE SS shocks are just rubbish, good shocks can stop it a hell of a lot.

Had a mate with a worked VZ SS ute with air bags in the rear and he never had experienced any tramp at all, but before he sold it he pulled out the bags and then went out the drag strip and the bastard tramped like hell even all the way in 3rd gear, the shocks were bugged.

If ya shocks are over 30.000 km it's about time to replace them if you drive real hard.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2015, 11:40 AM   #25
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

This is hilarious, wheel spin on an XR6 turbo and you aren't happy? That's a first lol. Maybe should have bought a toyota camry!
xr6tjet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2015, 12:10 PM   #26
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I've had 2 FG's.

One small problem in each. With the FG2 they gave me a loan car, FG1, it was 10 mins and fixed on the spot. No fuss.

What am I suing for? Taking away my right whinge?
Old 23-11-2015, 02:34 PM   #27
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

My FG and FGII along with my old BA and BFII. Great cars.

Still laughing at class action over axel tramp.
Old 23-11-2015, 02:42 PM   #28
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Remember this one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMoXOky6buA
Old 23-11-2015, 02:45 PM   #29
theBlake

I don't even know what axel tramp is.
Old 23-11-2015, 03:05 PM   #30
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Ford replaced the diff in my FG free of charge even though the car was out of warranty by a few weeks, oh and they also gave me a free car while they were doing it. I like Ford.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: